Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
    I went for the deal also. Passed on Sec 120 front row, was afraid I may not be able to see over players on sideline. Always liked to sit in top row of yellow bleachers, wife liked the built in backrest. Decided on row 18, about 2/3 the way up in Sec 120. Insures I'll be their for at least 5 games.
    As I understand it, these bleachers will have a backrest. I believe only the student section bleachers on the south side will be without any kind of backrest.
    Yes I believe on the site when I purchased it said "chairback" seats, so not sure of that means bleacher seating with a backrest or actual chair seating. Will find out in Sept. I guess.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      Yes I believe on the site when I purchased it said "chairback" seats, so not sure of that means bleacher seating with a backrest or actual chair seating. Will find out in Sept. I guess.
      I asked ticket dept. awhile back and this was their response:
      "The general seating, including season ticket holders general seating on both the east and west sides will be bleacher seating with backs, not chair style."

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        what are season tickets costs again and isnt there an addition donation with each seat required? what are those totals if anyone knows. We didnt get season tickets the last couple years. wondering if its worth it for getting them again, or the 3 game mini pack or just get individional game tickets.
        My 2 season tickets were 305.00. Last year they were 285.00. So only $30.00 more. I think the donation is $50 a season ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          My 2 season tickets were 305.00. Last year they were 285.00. So only $30.00 more. I think the donation is $50 a season ticket?
          Thanks, I couldnt remember anymore.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Drove by the site yesterday and trust me this will be a great venue. With the indoor facility in the background and now the new stadium taking shape it is changing the whole scale of the stadium. The field itself looks smaller because of all that is being built around it.

Memorial Stadium this is not, but it was never going to be. This will be an impressive place to watch great college football.
            I drive by the construction very often. If you look at my profile I live in Arlington. Trust me I am impressed. Not a big issue in my mind what we call the east side of the field. I was just toying with gobigblue a bit.

Comment

You can see the wrap around taking shape.

Comment

The scoreboard must be a huge upgrade with the size of the pillars going in recently.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It makes we wonder too if the street south of the stadium will remain open once the construction is completed. It's going to make it difficult to keep open to my way of thinking. Its very close to the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    It makes we wonder too if the street south of the stadium will remain open once the construction is completed. It's going to make it difficult to keep open to my way of thinking. Its very close to the stadium.
                    Speaking of keeping streets open, I was on campus a few months ago and decided to drive around and through campus, which apparently you cant do anymore. no more parking in front of Admin, and the road through the middle of campus is blocked off by the barn and sexhauer field. Guess They dont want people driving around campus as much anymore. I can see it both ways of closing off the streets. As long as they leave enough parking for remote or commuter parking its probably fine but its sort of nice to be able to drive around and through campus.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I don't know when but that street is definately going away in th not too distant future. Walking campus is the term I have heard used more than once.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I don't know when but that street is definately going away in th not too distant future. Walking campus is the term I have heard used more than once.
                        This is what I have heard as well. I imagine they have an access route planned for game day.

Comment

Closing the street would reduce the Wellness Center to one entrance/exit. It would also remove the southwest entrance/exit to the parking for the football stadium. If you consider losing 1 0f 4 access/egress for games, that might not be what the traffic doctor ordered for game day. The street also provides traffic for many of the physical plant access and much parking for library and ag engineering. It is the only east to west road and it hooks up to most of the parking on campus. There is always a chance for that change, but it still requires access that may not involve foot traffic.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

You can see the wrap around taking shape.
                            That's going to look so good.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm thinking that North Campus Drive, the street being debated, is not going away. It's a main traffic path for campus in general. I would assume that it will continue to be blocked on game days at the stadium, with no access directly to the south of the stadium (and thus allowing heavy foot traffic from the south) but yet access to the intersection on the southeast corner of the stadium and the parking lot on the west side.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                I'm thinking that North Campus Drive, the street being debated, is not going away. It's a main traffic path for campus in general. I would assume that it will continue to be blocked on game days at the stadium, with no access directly to the south of the stadium (and thus allowing heavy foot traffic from the south) but yet access to the intersection on the southeast corner of the stadium and the parking lot on the west side.
                                Here is the 2025 Facilities Master Plan: https://www.sdstate.edu/president/fa...MasterPlan.pdf

North Campus Drive is referenced throughout the report and there is no mention of getting rid of the road. However, it is getting a new name starting in July, but I can't remember what.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X