New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

I have a dumb question I'm hoping somebody can help me with. My Dad has two club seats and won't be at the game Saturday. He's giving them to us. We would like to put our son in one of them and then take turns sitting with him up there (one parent in first half, other parent second half). Is that possible? Or is there some reason it couldn't happen?

Thoughts?
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I have a dumb question I'm hoping somebody can help me with. My Dad has two club seats and won't be at the game Saturday. He's giving them to us. We would like to put our son in one of them and then take turns sitting with him up there (one parent in first half, other parent second half). Is that possible? Or is there some reason it couldn't happen?

Thoughts?
      I have a better idea.

How about you and I sit in the club the whole game and your wife and kid sit in the stands. I will meet you in the SJAC before the game so I don't get lost.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        I have a better idea.

How about you and I sit in the club the whole game and your wife and kid sit in the stands. I will meet you in the SJAC before the game so I don't get lost.
        With Club 71 you have options, you help yourself to the furnished goodies, your dad has already paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          I have a better idea.

One can hope that the powers-that-be will modify Club 71's "one time only through the food line (and we'll punch your game ticket to make sure!); we won't bring out the halftime snacks until half way through the third quarter (and they'll just be bags of chips) and oh by the way we'll totally run out of bottled water by halftime" policies and procedures that they rolled out for the Drake game. I've been to quite a few club rooms in a lot of stadiums and never encountered anything remotely like that. At $175/ticket, I expected quite a bit better than that, honestly.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            One can hope that the powers-that-be will modify Club 71's "one time only through the food line (and we'll punch your game ticket to make sure!); we won't bring out the halftime snacks until half way through the third quarter (and they'll just be bags of chips) and oh by the way we'll totally run out of bottled water by halftime" policies and procedures that they rolled out for the Drake game. I've been to quite a few club rooms in a lot of stadiums and never encountered anything remotely like that. At $175/ticket, I expected quite a bit better than that, honestly.
            It's like Stadium for State, our first attempt, mistakes were made along the way.

Comment

Oof. Yeah, that's pretty bad.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I guess my question then would be if the ticket is the only credential you need to get into and out of the club section and club? Is there a "club only" wrist band or anything? Can you leave the club area and mingle with the rabble in the concourses downstairs? I'm imagining that my wife and I would meet downstairs, swap tickets at halftime and make our way to our various spots.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I guess my question then would be if the ticket is the only credential you need to get into and out of the club section and club? Is there a "club only" wrist band or anything? Can you leave the club area and mingle with the rabble in the concourses downstairs? I'm imagining that my wife and I would meet downstairs, swap tickets at halftime and make our way to our various spots.
                  Ticket only needed to gain access. You can go down to concourse at any time. No wrist band (but after hearing what you are doing it might be a good idea )

Comment

Just make sure you sit upstairs in the club level first and incase you guys cant switch at halftime, you will have to take one for the team and stay up there the whole game with him.

On another note, they almost didn't let us bring in our diaper bag. well we use a book bag since its much easier to carry that and 2 year old then a normal diaper bag. we had kids hoodies etc and diapers obviously and the security guy said no bags of any kind. Luckily the wife game them enough attitude but not being rude about it, that its diapers for a 2 year old. otherwise we have to carry all that stuff by hand, that's crazy. It seems like when your walking in with little kids, I get it you still need to check the bags but a little common sense helps too.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That shouldn't be a hard thing to fix you would think. But you would think that would have been done right in the first place though.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

This is downright ridiculous. Let's build a $65 million stadium with a swanky club room...BUT, you can only go through the food line one time. What a joke. As Filbert said, let's hope the powers that be come to their senses on this one.

Comment

I got to the stadium early about 4PM and they had a separate ticket entrance for club and suite patrons. There was no one selling programs in the club seating and was told I needed to go down to regular enterence to get a program and was given an Access voucher to get back into the club area. Shortly after there some young ladies selling programs on the club level. I have to agree the food expect ions were disappointment. I am sending Sells an email about this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            That shouldn't be a hard thing to fix you would think. But you would think that would have been done right in the first place though.
                            I would expect the season ticket holders to make some noise about it, so I wasn't pushing the complaint myself. . . but the club came up here so I chimed in my little bit. I'm pretty confident that sort of thing is, as Nidaros notes, a first-game-only problem and will be fixed in short order. But yah, it was a bit jarring to run into that kind of thing in what seemed to otherwise be a pretty darn nice stadium club.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              This is downright ridiculous. Let's build a $65 million stadium with a swanky club room...BUT, you can only go through the food line one time. What a joke. As Filbert said, let's hope the powers that be come to their senses on this one.
                              It should not be real difficult to plan for since there are 1200 club seats and I don't recall the exact loge and suite seating but they know, roughly 3000 people. Some will not eat at all and others will more than make up for the non eaters. If they planned for 5000, they would have take home food which I think they did as later in the game some were going for seconds. We paid for the food upfront, they should be able to plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X