Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Just saw a photo on Twitter. They are putting another one of those goofy shields on the left side on the back of the scoreboard. Man, I do not like that shield design at all. I would have preferred a large stretch SD in the middle of the board.
    It's not so bad. Gotta have the name on there enough for the donation I would guess, and at least the logo has a jackrabbit on it instead of just the name.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      It's not so bad. Gotta have the name on there enough for the donation I would guess, and at least the logo has a jackrabbit on it instead of just the name.
      It sure isn't good. But that is a matter of opinion.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        It sure isn't good. But that is a matter of opinion.
        Sure beats this
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I would imagine Dana Dykhouse approved of the shield design and that's good enough for me.

Comment

By the looks of the ticket site for the 1st game against Drake, it looks like about 5,000 seats still remain available. It will be interesting if that game gets close to selling out or not. If it's a really nice day, I think it will be very full, but I don't know about selling 5,000 between now and Sept. 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              By the looks of the ticket site for the 1st game against Drake, it looks like about 5,000 seats still remain available. It will be interesting if that game gets close to selling out or not. If it's a really nice day, I think it will be very full, but I don't know about selling 5,000 between now and Sept. 10th.
              I plan on walking up and get tickets that day. I assume (hope?) there are other people like me.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I plan on walking up and get tickets that day. I assume (hope?) there are other people like me.
                I think with 19000 seats, we will see even more of that than we did before. Getting seats wont ever be a problem except maybe the NDSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I think with 19000 seats, we will see even more of that than we did before. Getting seats wont ever be a problem except maybe the NDSU game.
                  WE have tickets to 3 games so far this year. and if we go to more of them, we will probably just get them the week or 2 before so we know we have in hand. NDSU is the only one I i worry about. We usually know which games we want and with the extra seating, I figure some games it wont be an issue getting tickets the week/day of.

The mini game plans are something we might consider in the future. those are great for alumni in my situation. did it years ago for basketball and it worked great. or like how the stampede have EZ tickets for them or the canaries you can use when you want.

Hopefully we see some really full stadiums for the games, really looking forward to the first one.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Growth, assuming it occurs, will come steadily, not all at once. If we fill the place right away, that means it is already too small. There will be other obligations for any available funds than enlarging the football stadium for years to come. Don't worry when it isn't full. Invite your friends to a game. You can do so knowing there will be good seats available. Besides, if only 5,000 seats remain, more seats will be filled than we used to have available (assuming a good number of students attend the game).
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I tallied up the total seats available for each game, and I found it interesting that the Cal Poly game is the best selling thus far with 3,710 seats still remaining. Missouri State has the most seats remaining at 6,624 left. Here are the games with number of seats still remaining:
                      Drake - 4,869
                      Cal Poly - 3,710
                      WIU - 5,836
                      Youngstown - 4,869
                      Missouri State - 6,624
                      USD - 6,010 (I'm surprised this one isn't selling better)

Still plenty of seats available, but if student attendance is good I think we will average around 15,000. I have been watching the sales since they started at the beginning of this month, and the last two days were the top two by far (over 1,300 tickets sold the last two days between all games). I decided to buy my tickets in advance because it seems that the last couple of end sections will be all that are available for many games.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                        I tallied up the total seats available for each game, and I found it interesting that the Cal Poly game is the best selling thus far with 3,710 seats still remaining. Missouri State has the most seats remaining at 6,624 left. Here are the games with number of seats still remaining:
                        Drake - 4,869
                        Cal Poly - 3,710
                        WIU - 5,836
                        Youngstown - 4,869
                        Missouri State - 6,624

Still plenty of seats available, but if student attendance is good I think we will average around 15,000. I have been watching the sales since they started at the beginning of this month, and the last two days were the top two by far (over 1,300 tickets sold the last two days between all games). I decided to buy my tickets in advance because it seems that the last couple of end sections will be all that are available for many games.
                        Cal Poly is the Beef Bowl so I'm not surprised to see that one doing well. I do agree it is surprising there are that many tickets left for USD, not to mention YSU for Hobo Day. We always seem to draw poorly for Missouri State, but that may be my own misconceived notion.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                          Drake - 4,869
                          Cal Poly - 3,710
                          WIU - 5,836
                          Youngstown - 4,869
                          Missouri State - 6,624

What's the deal with the seats in sections 115 and 116. They aren't part of student seating I don't think but they don't show up as available either and since they are probably the least desirable seats in the house, it doesn't seem they would all be sold out. I would guess there would be around 1000 seats in those two sections total.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            What's the deal with the seats in sections 115 and 116. They aren't part of student seating I don't think but they don't show up as available either and since they are probably the least desirable seats in the house, it doesn't seem they would all be sold out. I would guess there would be around 1000 seats in those two sections total.
                            I think Slosho would know the answer. I believe those seats are being held for businesses that purchase pack deals.

Comment

I'd love to go to the Hobo Day game, but sadly, I will be at my cousin's wedding and I will be DJ-ing the wedding dance. There's always next year.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have more than just a sneaky suspicion that the concert is going to be a crapshoot as it pertains to staffing the stadium. From entrance... to concession.... to bathrooms.... to exiting..... I expect it to be a bit of a cluster.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X