Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Thats exactly why i was wondering if they would get started asap just to get the potential couple weeks extra in, that is assuming we make the playoffs and are not outed asap. Those in brookings should check out the progress to keep the rest of us up to speed with the construction. Will be interesting how tickets and everything work for next year. So someone correct me but we will have the current west side grandstand still there next year and the new east side will be ready(god willing) for the start of the season next year? then after the season next year the westside is torn down correct? do they have projections to what the stadium capacity will be next year? any chance its large enough with the east side done to make a new attendance record for say the NDSU or hobo day game?
    Some of your questions can be found here. http://danajdykhousestadium.com/

Comment

I believe the south end is supposed to be completed as well, so I presume that the student section will be moved to the end zone for next season. However, I'm not certain on that.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        I believe the south end is supposed to be completed as well, so I presume that the student section will be moved to the end zone for next season. However, I'm not certain on that.
        Yes. The south endzone will be completed as well, and will be student/band seating.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Would be nice if they added a video cam so we can watch the progress they had with the Events Center in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Yes. The south endzone will be completed as well, and will be student/band seating.
            I thought the west side of the stadium will be used for the 2015 season and then torn down when the season is concluded. If that is correct, why will the student section be moved?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I thought the west side of the stadium will be used for the 2015 season and then torn down when the season is concluded. If that is correct, why will the student section be moved?
              Because their section will be finished for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Would be nice if they added a video cam so we can watch the progress they had with the Events Center in Sioux Falls.
                They already did this for the Events Center in Sioux Falls.

ok....I know what you meant to say, sorry to use you to make a point, Jackguy II ,about all the un-necessary sawaggering that happens on this message board. Kind of juvenile on my part. You're innocent and a good guy.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-20-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Correct. I guess I can't say the students will move next year or not, I just assumed they'd move when the south side (the new student section) was done, which will be by next season. Perhaps they'll stay where they're at for next year as well. Hard to say what the administration will do.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yes it is hard to tell what happens next. I just want this done as soon as possible so I can start paying $750 plus donations plus cost of season ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      They already did this for the Events Center in Sioux Falls.

ok....I know what you meant to say, sorry to use you to make a point about all the un-necessary sawaggering that happens on this message board. Kind of juvenile on my part
                      What I meant to say would like to see cam placed at site of building site for new football stadium similar to what they did at the events center.

Comment

What I meant to say would like to see cam placed at site of building site for new football stadium similar to what they did at the events center.
                        I'm guessing they will. Seems like the popular thing to do,Events Center,UNO's new arena,and even USD has one up.

Comment

I know, i apologize for "swaggering"

Comment

With the early onset of winter (and frozen ground) will construction start before spring , or will it just be demolition during the winter months ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              With the early onset of winter (and frozen ground) will construction start before spring , or will it just be demolition during the winter months ?
                              They were pouring the footings for the back of the east side stadium the week before our final game. I don't know the construction schedule, but you can bet the contractor is ready and willing to get any work they can get done now that the season is virtually over. However, when the Jacks win the next two games, we would still be in a position to do the bidding for a semi-final game!!!

Comment

I visited with a member of the construction crew yesterday and athletics is having them wait until after we are eliminated from the playoffs before removing the bleachers. It sounds like they have/will put in a strong bid for the third round game if we make it. However, they did cut down the trees to the south of the stadium yesterday.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X