Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    My thoughts if a blue or yellow field is ever proposed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
    How I feel about turf.

Comment

Bison fans will never accept that green is actually blue and yellow disguised.

Comment

Benches have been made from the East Bleachers and can be purchased for $150 each at: https://myab.co/s/hwqVFU/e/vM/i/ I apologize if this has been posted, but I was just made aware.

Comment

So as far as the size of the new board on the south end of the new stadium, here's what I've been told. But here's the catch. None of it I can confirm, but the people I've heard it from are right on athletic department related stuff waaaaaay more often than I want to give them credit for! So take this with a grain of salt and if I'm wrong then for the first time in awhile my sources are too and I'll blame them entirely!!!

The new board is going to be approximately 40 yards wide and will be placed about 25-40 feet south (towards the road) compared to where the old one was. That's basically from the left side of the west field marking numbers, to the right side of the east numbers. Not sure how much of that is video capable rather than static, back-lit advertising panels, but I would guess the entire board is video capable with ad panels being generated on the sides of the board (and instantly changeable at any time) rather than being what they were before with the 3 or 4 sided panels which rotated to change ads. How tall is it? No clue. I would guess no less than the old one.

There were rumblings about placing the old scoreboard in either the northwest or northeast corner of the stadium but the latest I've heard is that's not happening. Just not enough space for it when everything is built. But maybe they'll find room when all is said and done.

I drove by the stadium today on North Campus Drive (directly south of the stadium - the road they close on game day for those unfamiliar with street names) and there is a 2-3 foot deep (at least) trench the entire width of the field on the south side. Couldn't see how much it stretches north-south but it looked significant. On the west side they also had about 5-6 flights of stairs zig-zagging up what will be an alternate entrance/exit to the suites and press box. I didn't see that there a few days ago...

I drive by there about every 3-5 days and the progress is just phenomenal.

Comment

Wonder if there is any chance the old scoreboard gets moved to the baseball stadium?

Comment

It would be cool to have the old video board for replays, pitch speed, etc at the baseball field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Wonder if there is any chance the old scoreboard gets moved to the baseball stadium?
                That's kind of where I think it ends up

Comment

There is going to be a giant rabbit head logo on the sjac. Source: me. IIRC on the S.E. corner.

Comment

Did very many season ticket holders move to the east side for the 2015 season?
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      Did very many season ticket holders move to the east side for the 2015 season?
                      I've always sat on the East side but that's an interesting question. I assume the new restrooms and concessions will be in place by the first game.

Comment

We moved across. One of the people who sometimes attends with me needs handrails to go up and down the stairs.
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

You guys are on track to have the best facilities in the Valley. Way to go! I can't wait to get down and watch the Bison play down there.
                          2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

I figured I would post a couple pictures for those who couldn't make it to the spring game.

I love the way the height of the new stadium will match the height of the practice facility. It is very aesthetically pleasing. You can sort of see how it matches in the 2nd picture.

In the 1st picture, you can see that the foundation for the seats on the South side are going in, the foundations for the East seatd are almost complete, and the first pieces of the stands are going up. You can see that just to the right of the goal post in the forefront of the picture. IMAG2006.jpg
                            IMAG2001.jpg
                            Last edited by CappinHard; 04-26-2015, 10:07 AM. Reason: Picture problems

Comment

I got in the mail a two copies of an agreement that I need to sign in order to have a club seat for 10 years. The agreement seems very binding in that you have to pay the agreed the annual fee for 10 years of $750 in my case. Let me be clear this is for a club seat, which very likely is different from a reserved seat. The agreement includes a breach section which sounds very harsh should I not be able to make my annual fee for the next ten years. They misspelled my first name so I thinking I just might let it go through and later use that as a defense but I don't think that will work. This is the most legalist document I ever received from SDSU. Almost a little scary. I got a number in the letter to call so I think I will be calling this morning.

Unless you signed up for club seating or loge seating, you most likely will not have do deal with this document. When I indicated I would like a club seat, in effect I said I was willing to give a gift of $7,500 towards the building of the stadium. I just thought I would mention this and maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to add something.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 05-08-2015, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Nidaros; do you still need to give to the Jackrabbit Club for the annual donation as well?
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X