Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    The old practice field is now torn up.....

http://instagram.com/p/tBSz5IuzSN/
    Does this mean they are now practicing in the SJAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      Does this mean they are now practicing in the SJAC?
      I'm assuming they are practicing on the other practice fields, south of the baseball field

Comment

IIUC the sod was to be moved to the area in front of the Ad building and Solberg Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          I'm assuming they are practicing on the other practice fields, south of the baseball field
          Oh yeah, forgot about those.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            IIUC the sod was to be moved to the area in front of the Ad building and Solberg Hall.
            If that was the plan, it didn't happen. The Friday/Saturday of move in weekend there was a crew unrolling sod in front of these buildings. Admin Lane looks great with the new sod in place! The sod at the practice field just got peeled off last week.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              If that was the plan, it didn't happen. The Friday/Saturday of move in weekend there was a crew unrolling sod in front of these buildings. Admin Lane looks great with the new sod in place! The sod at the practice field just got peeled off last week.
              Well there are plenty of places around campus that need to be spruced up with new grass. It's embarrassing to see some areas overrun with weeds in the grass. We're an Ag school.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                The old practice field is now torn up.....

http://instagram.com/p/tBSz5IuzSN/
                I'm trying to follow what they are doing on the old practice field. It looks like they are adding 5 - 10 feet of fill. From the rendered drawings, I'm curious why they want the parking on the east side of the stadium elevated? I'm sure there is a plan, I'm just not sure of the benefit with the added site prep costs. Is there something else I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  I'm trying to follow what they are doing on the old practice field. It looks like they are adding 5 - 10 feet of fill. From the rendered drawings, I'm curious why they want the parking on the east side of the stadium elevated? I'm sure there is a plan, I'm just not sure of the benefit with the added site prep costs. Is there something else I'm missing?
                  My non educated guess is drainage.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    My non educated guess is drainage.
                    Good guess!! I been told our current location has a high water table.
                    .they picked a bad place to put CAS. It used to be a cow pasture for the Dairy Dept 1957 or there about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Good guess!! I been told our current location has a high water table.
                      .they picked a bad place to put CAS. It used to be a cow pasture for the Dairy Dept 1957 or there about.
                      They are just trying to milk the site for all that they can get out of it.
                      Last edited by GopherHole; 09-17-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        Their just trying to milk the site for all that they can get out of it.
                        Good one. It would have made more sense if CAS had built about where the current Dairy unit is located. The water table is probably lower. And a BHS game a night before would not affect it like it currently does.

Comment

So when the season is over soon, whats the time frame of removing old bleachers and prepping for construction? Sort of sad that the field east of the stadium is now a gravel parking lot. probably wont take long to see some big changes after the season is over. Are they going to start after this weekend or wait till we are out of the playoffs assuming we might host a game for some reason. Or are they going to get started on tearing down just to get the process moving faster.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            So when the season is over soon, whats the time frame of removing old bleachers and prepping for construction? Sort of sad that the field east of the stadium is now a gravel parking lot. probably wont take long to see some big changes after the season is over. Are they going to start after this weekend or wait till we are out of the playoffs assuming we might host a game for some reason. Or are they going to get started on tearing down just to get the process moving faster.
                            I'm sure nothing will be started as long as there is the possibility of hosting a playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              The day after it is learned there will be no more football this season at CAS, demo will begin. It's gonna be a TIIIIGHT schedule.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                The day after it is learned there will be no more football this season at CAS, demo will begin. It's gonna be a TIIIIGHT schedule.
                                Thats exactly why i was wondering if they would get started asap just to get the potential couple weeks extra in, that is assuming we make the playoffs and are not outed asap. Those in brookings should check out the progress to keep the rest of us up to speed with the construction. Will be interesting how tickets and everything work for next year. So someone correct me but we will have the current west side grandstand still there next year and the new east side will be ready(god willing) for the start of the season next year? then after the season next year the westside is torn down correct? do they have projections to what the stadium capacity will be next year? any chance its large enough with the east side done to make a new attendance record for say the NDSU or hobo day game?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X