New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Does anyone know if there will be actual chairs in any part of the stadium, like the loge boxes or the club section? Or is it all bleachers? Any word on if the season ticket spots will get padded seats like there has been in the past?
    Last edited by CappinHard; 05-26-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      That Google image must be from a couple of years ago due to the east side bleachers, lack of west side grandstand construction and only having the UPD foundation, right?
      Yeah you're right, at closer look that is a few years old. Still shows the old parking lot though I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Does anyone know if there will be actual chairs in any part of the stadium, like the loge boxes or the club section? Or is it all bleachers? Any word on if the season ticket spots will get padded seats for like there has been in the past?
        Chairs and soft seats in the box and loge only. The bleacher style seats will have backs.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Does anyone know if there will be actual chairs in any part of the stadium, like the loge boxes or the club section? Or is it all bleachers? Any word on if the season ticket spots will get padded seats for like there has been in the past?
          The club seats will be stadium chairs. Loge boxes will have chairs too, almost like an office chair type. The suites will have two rows of 6 seats with stadium chairs outside and 4 high top stools inside at the window so you can watch from inside.

Also, the loge boxes and suites have heaters above the seats to take some of the bite out of those cold November (hopefully December) days.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Chairs and soft seats in the box and loge only. The bleacher style seats will have backs.
            Man, the wood with a cushion felt cold during the frozen games, can't imagine how the aluminum bleachers will feel. (googles portable heated blankets)

Comment

Man, the wood with a cushion felt cold during the frozen games, can't imagine how the aluminum bleachers will feel. (googles portable heated blankets)
              Sadly since they attendance at really cold late year games are usually low, i find the best is to be on your feet jumping and moving and yelling during the games. as long as we are winning of course and having many layers and blankets and such as a wind break as best you can. I find those crowds to be some of the more fun and memorable games i have been too. Wonder how fans will turn out in the new stadium these first few years when the weather is a bit chilly. Hopefully we are playing so well we wont need to sit on those bleachers much.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Sadly since they attendance at really cold late year games are usually low, i find the best is to be on your feet jumping and moving and yelling during the games. as long as we are winning of course and having many layers and blankets and such as a wind break as best you can. I find those crowds to be some of the more fun and memorable games i have been too. Wonder how fans will turn out in the new stadium these first few years when the weather is a bit chilly. Hopefully we are playing so well we wont need to sit on those bleachers much.
                Hot chocolate (with a self-supplied kick) is a must during cold December days!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Thanks for the reply. I think you're correct. I'm curious as to where it goes after that. (Did they put a leech field under the field? Does it empty into a storm drain system?) I'm thinking it would be the same watershed as a parking lot. Civil engineers?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                  Here's your answer. Looks like your storm drain guess was correct. If you follow the link and go to Brian Lee's twitter page, he's posted some pictures of the progress. Looks like he might be in charge of the field/turf installment.
                  https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/735920478439755776

Comment

Here's your answer. Looks like your storm drain guess was correct.
                    https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/735920478439755776
                    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I find those crowds to be some of the more fun and memorable games i have been too. Wonder how fans will turn out in the new stadium these first few years when the weather is a bit chilly. Hopefully we are playing so well we wont need to sit on those bleachers much.
                      I will second that! The low attended but yet quality games at the end of the season are the loudest, most fun games I've seen. Especially Eastern Illinois in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                        I will second that! The low attended but yet quality games at the end of the season are the loudest, most fun games I've seen. Especially Eastern Illinois in 2012.
                        that off the top of my head would for sure be one of my favorites if not tops.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The crowd for last year's game vs. ISU-R was pretty raucous. Where would you rank that game?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            The crowd for last year's game vs. ISU-R was pretty raucous. Where would you rank that game?
                            I remember the game and a lot but not as much as i should. Any games that I have my kids at are harder to enjoy the game details and crowd. late season games or games i have been to with out my kids would be easier for me to think of and remember better. the ISU-R game crowd was pretty good compared to the NDSU game. The NDSU game took any buzz or excitement right out of the air to start it seemed. Both the crowd and team seemed pretty deflated. (no that was not an intentional Brady joke).

Comment

Are porta-potties for Bison fans still in the contingency design? Asking a question, mods.

Comment

Tweet and Facebook message about a stadium update. Any ideas? Or is this a hyped message that has no real information attached to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X