Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    West River Jack was told by Ticket office that there 28 rows. If they sell tickets for three rows that don't exist, some one is guilty of fraud.
    I am glad mine are in row 15.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

East_side_stands_detail.jpg
      I think everyone is correct - except me. I counted 24 risers in the rain. Looked closer at my photos and counted 25. Some east side seating sections have 28 rows, some have 25. Three of the sections have seats from the front railing all the way to the top, 28 rows. The other sections have a horizontal walkway that is 3 rows wide right down at the front railing. This is so you can move to the proper aisle for your section when entering thru the tunnels from the concourse. These sections would begin with row 4, continuing on thru row 28. There are 11 aisles but just 5 tunnels, thus necessitating some lateral movement down front.

CrossSection-1024x663.jpg
      The west side, from what I can tell from the cross sectional view from the stadium website, will have similar construction as the east side with 18 rows of seats butting up against the steel superstructure tower. On the second level of the tower rows will then continue for 11 or so more risers for the club seats, with the loge seating just beyond the top row of club seats. The suite level is one story above the loge level. The new west side will have fewer number of rows (29+/-) as the current structure (38), but should seat the same or more people because the seating extends farther north and south beyond the end zones. And of course the loge seating and suites will add to that as well.
      Last edited by WahpJack; 05-31-2015, 06:50 PM. Reason: Added additional illustration, fixed some math.
      If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

You can now see how many rows are in each section if you go to the online season ticket purchase webpage. Just click on a section.
        https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketH...ASON_ID=236736

Comment

11377217_10206604049688792_4840635465228167089_n.jpg11377383_10206604049088777_2091023186725689461_n.jpg11377186_10206604049568789_1068886686513761029_n.jpg11267529_10206604047648741_8817731976670953048_n (1).jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]616

Sorry, that I can't post better pictures. Progress is happening and its moving at a pretty good clip.
          Attached Files
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Was in Brookings over the weekend. I'm not sure what wow factor you were looking for but compared to what used to be on that side of stadium, I'm pretty impressed already. Will look like a college stadium, not some glorified HS field. Now just need Jack fans to stop calling the East side the visitor/away side. This is college not HS football. The entire stadium is the home side.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
              Was in Brookings over the weekend. I'm not sure what wow factor you were looking for but compared to what used to be on that side of stadium, I'm pretty impressed already. Will look like a college stadium, not some glorified HS field. Now just need Jack fans to stop calling the East side the visitor/away side. This is college not HS football. The entire stadium is the home side.
              I glad you are impressed. With out the bond money this would not have happened. No alum that I know of is sitting on a gift of 60 million. The visitors though have always sat on the east side and I suspect they always will. So what do we call the other side of the field? Oh I did not see the entire stadium comment.

Comment

I would honestly hope that we sell season tickets to Jacks fans between the 20's on the east side. Those will be great seats with new amenities on that side. Split the visitors up in the corners of the east side or even the SW corner.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I glad you are impressed. With out the bond money this would not have happened. No alum that I know of is sitting on a gift of 60 million. The visitors though have always sat on the east side and I suspect they always will. So what do we call the other side of the field? Oh I did not see the entire stadium comment.
                  Drove by the site yesterday and trust me this will be a great venue. With the indoor facility in the background and now the new stadium taking shape it is changing the whole scale of the stadium. The field itself looks smaller because of all that is being built around it.

Memorial Stadium this is not, but it was never going to be. This will be an impressive place to watch great college football.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    I would honestly hope that we sell season tickets to Jacks fans between the 20's on the east side. Those will be great seats with new amenities on that side. Split the visitors up in the corners of the east side or even the SW corner.
                    This is the way it should be. We are D-1 football now. Whenever you go to a major college game, the visitors get the corners and often split between multiple corners. While we will never have consistent sellouts of 50,000+ fans, we are still big time football. No visitors side.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      This is the way it should be. We are D-1 football now. Whenever you go to a major college game, the visitors get the corners and often split between multiple corners. While we will never have consistent sellouts of 50,000+ fans, we are still big time football. No visitors side.
                      Agree with everyone about the new stadium should be filled with Jackrabbit Fans. In order to do that we need a bigger season ticket holder base and get away from the big walk-up crowds that have been the norm.

Comment

Looking at Father's Day mini plan for this fall. $100 includes 2 tickets to 9/12 SUU, 10/10 Ind. State, 11/7 IL State, plus 2 t shirts and 2 lunch kits. Great deal for Father's Day. I just looked, and best available are front row in sections 119 and 121 (40 yard lines, east side). Why am I surprised that there are front row tickets available. Should I be concerned that they are too low to see the field unobstructed? I would hope not with brand new construction.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                          Looking at Father's Day mini plan for this fall. $100 includes 2 tickets to 9/12 SUU, 10/10 Ind. State, 11/7 IL State, plus 2 t shirts and 2 lunch kits. Great deal for Father's Day. I just looked, and best available are front row in sections 119 and 121 (40 yard lines, east side). Why am I surprised that there are front row tickets available. Should I be concerned that they are too low to see the field unobstructed? I would hope not with brand new construction.
                          I'll have to look into the deal. It sounds like a good one.

As far as the sight lines are concerned, the first time they remodeled Frost, you couldn't see the whole court from the first couple of rows on that side so it's not out of the question. What made matters worse in my eyes was when we played a Big 10(??) opponent, they wouldn't let those fans move to the upper deck on the other side of the court. They traveled all the way here, spent money on a ticket and couldn't see the whole court. That made SDSU look bad in my eyes. If it was a sellout I'd understand but the place was only 1/3 full.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I'll have to look into the deal. It sounds like a good one.

As far as the sight lines are concerned, the first time they remodeled Frost, you couldn't see the whole court from the first couple of rows on that side so it's not out of the question. What made matters worse in my eyes was when we played a Big 10(??) opponent, they wouldn't let those fans move to the upper deck on the other side of the court. They traveled all the way here, spent money on a ticket and couldn't see the whole court. That made SDSU look bad in my eyes. If it was a sellout I'd understand but the place was only 1/3 full.
                            Yeah I went for this deal and got front row in section 119. Good deal and good job by athletic depth to package these 3 games together because I will likely now get to these 3 plus Hobo Day and NDSU day. Good way to boost attendance on a couple of the dates that might normally see lighter attendance.

Comment

I went for the deal also. Passed on Sec 120 front row, was afraid I may not be able to see over players on sideline. Always liked to sit in top row of yellow bleachers, wife liked the built in backrest. Decided on row 18, about 2/3 the way up in Sec 120. Insures I'll be their for at least 5 games.
                              As I understand it, these bleachers will have a backrest. I believe only the student section bleachers on the south side will be without any kind of backrest.
                              If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

what are season tickets costs again and isnt there an addition donation with each seat required? what are those totals if anyone knows. We didnt get season tickets the last couple years. wondering if its worth it for getting them again, or the 3 game mini pack or just get individional game tickets.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X