Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Rigging the playoffs? It's no different than a team paying us to come play them. Instead of being a BCS team, it is an FCS team. We would be agreeing to an away game. It would have nothing to do with winning or losing it. I doubt anything like what I suggested would happen, but it was just an example. Why limit possible options to start working in the same ****ty weather you will have the whole winter.
    Heaven help us if someone named you to be the next AD.

Comment

Whomever stated that it is highly unlikely that we would outbid any of the other teams in the first two rounds is correct. Besides, if memory serves the last playoff game we hosted was attended by about 6,000 people. Seating would not be an issue!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Heaven help us if someone named you to be the next AD.
        HAHA! Who ever names me AD gets instantly fired! I am well aware of my limitations. I'm just throwing out ideas to spark some conversation. It's been a long week. Go Jacks!!!
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          HAHA! Who ever names me AD gets instantly fired! I am well aware of my limitations. I'm just throwing out ideas to spark some conversation. It's been a long week. Go Jacks!!!
          I know you are, but trying to bribe someone into getting a playoff game is not a good idea. The playoff process does not give much time to ponder, so you mark your sheets and turn them at least that is what Justin Sell mentioned in a interview. Who in their right minds would make a donation to the Jackrabbit club just to get a playoff game, when the chances are you will get it anyway? We don't have Lambeau field yet, and like Superbunny mentioned our one and only draw was 6000 and a 30 to 40 degree day.

Comment

Going back to an earlier comment, I don't think you can hold a contractor liable for contract obligations (finishing on time, a deadline) when you prevent them from starting construction when they want(making them wait for playoff implications) can you? Unless of course the starting time for the project has already taken into account these things and been agreed upon before hand. Lawyers, time to chime in.

Comment

Sounds like the construction is being delayed because of the project being quite a bit over budget. Contractor and Athletics can't agree on what to cut to get it under so the contractor hasn't started. Not good news at all.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Sounds like the construction is being delayed because of the project being quite a bit over budget. Contractor and Athletics can't agree on what to cut to get it under so the contractor hasn't started. Not good news at all.
                I don't think it is as dire as it sounds...I heard through a reliable source that the original design would be back in budget as they tackled (pun intended) some of the bid processes again to alleviate some lone/high bids.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  I don't think it is as dire as it sounds...I heard through a reliable source that the original design would be back in budget as they tackled (pun intended) some of the bid processes again to alleviate some lone/high bids.
                  Wait a minute, I thought we were getting a good deal since the SJAC contractor got the project? Am I behind the times here?

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  The contractor on the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex also was the successful bidder on the football stadium. So some of the equipment used for SJAC will be moved over to the staging area east of the east bleachers. That is what is happening now. Not much more will be done until after the last home game. It was very good for SDSU that the two facilities wound up back-to-back, providing a very good market for bidding them.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    Wait a minute, I thought we were getting a good deal since the SJAC contractor got the project? Am I behind the times here?
                    I agree, I thought it sounded like it was a favorable deal for us that numbers were looking good to fit the budget etc.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Things have apparently changed. The number I was told today is quite a bit over budget.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Things have apparently changed. The number I was told today is quite a bit over budget.
                        What are we talking here, $2 million, $500K, $10 million? Give us a ballpark here.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'll say this, it sucks that we haven't even started on this thing and we have to cut **** already. Ugh.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I wondered from the beginning how we could essentially build a new stadium for 65 million.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I wondered from the beginning how we could essentially build a new stadium for 65 million.
                              It seems significant projects like the new stadium go through some wrangling at the start and until we learn some facts, no reason to set off a round of message board panic.

To respond to your comment directly, JackguyII, you can build a new stadium for a lot less than 65 million. Our stadium is going to have just shy of 20,000 seats. In 2010, Southern Illinois University put up the 15,000-seat Saluki Stadium for $27.4 million (that IS 2014 dollars...in 2010, the cost was 25.3 million; source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saluki_Stadium). We want a stadium that is quite different and, of course, larger than the Saluki Stadium but it's possible to build a stadium for a lot less than $65 million.

The legislation approving and authorizing the stadium was Senate Bill 15 in the 2014 legislative session. The bill authorized the stadium at a cost not to exceed $65 million of which not more than $39 million could be paid through bonded indebtedness. The bonds were sold (VERY successful bond sale) and the project money is there.
                              Last edited by JackJD; 12-22-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                It seems significant projects like the new stadium go through some wrangling at the start and until we learn some facts, no reason to set off a round of message board panic.

To respond to your comment directly, JackguyII, you can build a new stadium for a lot less than 65 million. Our stadium is going to have just shy of 20,000 seats. In 2010, Southern Illinois University put up the 15,000-seat Saluki Stadium for $27.4 million (that IS 2014 dollars...in 2010, the cost was 25.3 million; source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saluki_Stadium). We want a stadium that is quite different and, of course, larger than the Saluki Stadium but it's possible to build a stadium for a lot less than $65 million.
                                Cost of materials go way up?....so many questions

Comment

Working...
                                X