Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I can't see the picture (twitter blocked at work). Curious if this means the concrete riser sections. Would think they aren't ready for any type of exterior panel......
    Pictures are just the stadium work going on in Brookings. I'm guessing the panels are for enclosing the structural they have set on the west side.

Comment

Likely a precast skin for the West side's infrastructure.

Comment

Was passing through Brookings Sunday on the way to a Graduation in Yankton and took a few photos. Was rainy and windy so not the best quality.

WP_20150517_012.jpgWP_20150517_015.jpgWP_20150517_016.jpgWP_20150517_017.jpg

Appears the risers will be metal of some sort, you can see some of the horizontal decking is already placed in the first photo.

The steel superstructure is complete from the north end zone to about the far 15 yd line. I count 24 risers.

Photo 3 shows some of the foundation walls for the restrooms and concession stands that will be under the south bleachers.

And the last photo is of a big-ass pier foundation for the scoreboard. I counted 4 of these.
        If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the pics WahpJack, at the stage now where it will be fun to check the Web cam. Lots of change evident and a lot to do to get this ready to play this fall.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

What's the address for the webcam again?
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              What's the address for the webcam again?
              http://danajdykhousestadium.com/multimedia/web-cam/

Comment

Progress! https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/603952627542401024

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I counted at least 30 rows which is more than the west side. Does any one know exact number of rows to be on the east side?

Comment

Will wait to see finished product, but wished east side had more of a "wow" factor to compliment west side.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Will wait to see finished product, but wished east side had more of a "wow" factor to compliment west side.
                      We said the same thing at work today.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I counted at least 30 rows which is more than the west side. Does any one know exact number of rows to be on the east side?
                        They told me 28 rows on the east side when I bought my season tickets. I believe the current west side has 38 rows. I have not seen how many rows the new west side will have.
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                          They told me 28 rows on the east side when I bought my season tickets. I believe the current west side has 38 rows. I have not seen how many rows the new west side will have.
                          I was making a count from the photo which is not accurate at all. I must have counted some twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I was making a count from the photo which is not accurate at all. I must have counted some twice.
                            I counted 25 on the East side.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              You mean something like a second deck for the other 15,000 fans? Probably have to wait a few years for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                I counted 25 on the East side.
                                West River Jack was told by Ticket office that there 28 rows. If they sell tickets for three rows that don't exist, some one is guilty of fraud.

Comment

Working...
                                X