Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    A related note to the new stadium is Gov. Daugaard will be in Brookings for the 10:15 signing for approval of the facility. This will be followed by a tour of the in progress practice facility. Someone had said the announcement of the signing was in the Argus. I am not sure why the guy said it was this morning, but I will know by noon since I do not get the Argus.

Tweet from Jackrabbit Athletics confirms the Thursday event at 10:45..
    Thanks for the correct info. I was beginning to wonder when the Gov was going to make it. I have seen him at Jack games, so I suspect he is a Jack fan but his bio lists him as a USD grad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Thanks for the correct info. I was beginning to wonder when the Gov was going to make it. I have seen him at Jack games, so I suspect he is a Jack fan but his bio lists him as a USD grad.
      His son I think graduated from SDSU and a few years ago while Lt gov did the commencment, and his speech was really really good.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So when do shovels hit the dirt and starting the actually construction? Are they still taking Bids or have i been out of the loop and missed some of that.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          So when do shovels hit the dirt and starting the actually construction? Are they still taking Bids or have i been out of the loop and missed some of that.
          Finance and Commerce states that construction will begin this summer. No official bid has been approved.

As for LEED and killing birds - yes LEED kills birds. They are having issues with energy efficient windows. In all seriousness, the birds commit unknowing suicide because they are flying into the energy efficient windows. There is a large study out how to correct this. As for climate change, which your President has told you it is real in the last state of the union address - bring it on. The last two winters have been way, way to cold. It affected spring football, opening fishing, my lawn and so on. Bring on the warmth and make SDSU a warm, inviting place for the players to want to play! - Ok - back to the topic on hand as directed.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
            Finance and Commerce states that construction will begin this summer. No official bid has been approved.

As for LEED and killing birds - yes LEED kills birds. They are having issues with energy efficient windows. In all seriousness, the birds commit unknowing suicide because they are flying into the energy efficient windows. There is a large study out how to correct this. As for climate change, which your President has told you it is real in the last state of the union address - bring it on. The last two winters have been way, way to cold. It affected spring football, opening fishing, my lawn and so on. Bring on the warmth and make SDSU a warm, inviting place for the players to want to play! - Ok - back to the topic on hand as directed.
            The other day a pigeon flew into my neighbors house. Not a window.....the side of the house.

I was outside and thought someone threw a basketball and hit the roof.

Better get some funds to study how to correct that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

Those silly birds. What can I say except that in the commericals, the humans are running into windows and glass door after using Wonder Brand and not Brand X

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                His son I think graduated from SDSU and a few years ago while Lt gov did the commencment, and his speech was really really good.
                I believe his wife is an SDSU graduate and her family(Schmidt) were the family of the year, or whatever it is a few years ago. Actually i believe Jim "sunny" Schmidt was Lindas dad? If im wrong, please correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I believe his wife is an SDSU graduate and her family(Schmidt) were the family of the year, or whatever it is a few years ago. Actually i believe Jim "sunny" Schmidt was Lindas dad? If im wrong, please correct me.
                  Yes that is correct. One of her sister married an Amundsen and they are big on SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    The Gov's Daughter Sarah Venhuizen graduated with a BS in Electrical Engineering and Is married to Tony Venhuizen (the Gov's Director of polcy and communication)

His son Chris is married to a gal that was on the dance team is my memory serves me correct. I'm not sure her name of the top of my head.

Comment

All three of the Daugaard children, and their spouses, are SDSU grads. His wife and her family have strong ties to SDSU (including some current connections on the baseball team) as well and were honored as family of the year a few years back.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

TV posted a video today showing that "staging" work for stadium construction has already begun.

http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sp...8/18/14242353/

Comment

The contractor on the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex also was the successful bidder on the football stadium. So some of the equipment used for SJAC will be moved over to the staging area east of the east bleachers. That is what is happening now. Not much more will be done until after the last home game. It was very good for SDSU that the two facilities wound up back-to-back, providing a very good market for bidding them.

Comment

a forklift and a big bobcat sitting there is news?

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                              a forklift and a big bobcat sitting there is news?
                              Kind of news maybe.

Comment

The old practice field is now torn up.....

http://instagram.com/p/tBSz5IuzSN/

Comment

Working...
                                X