Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I was wondering if one or both were visitor sections.
    Last year the lower portion of section 124 was set aside as the visiting team's allotment. I imagine it will be the same this year, and that would be considered the visitor section. Last year you were able to purchase the remaining tickets in this area, however it sounds like they are being used for game packs now. I also noticed the that sections 206 and 109 are not working on the ticket browser. Possibly these two sections will also be sold to businesses as part of game packs as well, or they are being reserved for other uses.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The need for some type of scoreboard/video board on the north end was discussed here during the season a year ago. The feeling then was that something would likely be added after the west side was complete, and I expect that will be done before the season starts.
      I haven't heard anything about a north scoreboard...but maybe you have better information than I do. The last I heard was there are no plans for anything like that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        I haven't heard anything about a north scoreboard...but maybe you have better information than I do.
        As I stated before, no inside info, but just the feeling that with as first class as the stadium is, it's hard to imagine there not being something to at least show down and distance, game clock and score. Doesn't have to be a video board.

Comment

Interesting tidbit from a Chuck Cecil article in the July 27th Brookings Register:
          "Crews this week are completing installation of the Astroturf at the new SDSI stadium despite a minor kerfluffle to the field's small rock underlay. Something left deep tracks in the smoothed-out field a week before the Astroturf folks arrived. It was determined the tracks that marred the table-flat preparation were likely left by - I'm not kidding - a jackrabbit entering the construction site."

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
            Interesting tidbit from a Chuck Cecil article in the July 27th Brookings Register:
            "Crews this week are completing installation of the Astroturf at the new SDSI stadium despite a minor kerfluffle to the field's small rock underlay. Something left deep tracks in the smoothed-out field a week before the Astroturf folks arrived. It was determined the tracks that marred the table-flat preparation were likely left by - I'm not kidding - a jackrabbit entering the construction site."
            He must have been giving the new stadium his "stomp of approval"....LOL

Comment

This is a good omen.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Off topic real quick - [I deleted the remainder of this message which was an invitation for fans to violate NCAA rules, JackJD]

my bad!
                Last edited by Jacked_Rabbit; 08-05-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

"You can't stop 'em, you can only hope to contain 'em!"
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Off "current" topic...paving of the west parking lot is moving right along and should be done next week. And the student entrance (southwest corner) is going up. Work outside the stadium continuing on cleanup and finishing.

Comment

Looks like there will be an open house from 2-4 P.M. on Saturday, August 27th, with an open to the public practice at 3 p.m.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...ouse/88584646/

Comment

Stadium update.
                        https://youtu.be/-f2eEE5omWc

Comment

Was able to get a sneak peek...I had goosebumps and butterflies the whole time.

However great you may think this stadium is, take it times 100...not a bad seat in the house. Literally not a bad seat...

this is will be a game changer in so many ways...recruiting, fanbase, college experience.

One of the tops in FCS and probably as good if not better than 50% of the FBS venues. It took over 50 years but good lord is it worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            Was able to get a sneak peek...I had goosebumps and butterflies the whole time.

However great you may think this stadium is, take it times 100...not a bad seat in the house. Literally not a bad seat...

this is will be a game changer in so many ways...recruiting, fanbase, college experience.

One of the tops in FCS and probably as good if not better than 50% of the FBS venues. It took over 50 years but good lord is it worth it...
                            Great. But what's tailgating going to be like?
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Lol, I'm sure that'll take a turn for the better...😉

Comment

That's great, but who are the chefs?

Comment

Working...
                                X