X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]620[/ATTACH]
    The "infrastructure" below east bleachers has been underway.
    Thanks for the pics. Can't see that from the webcam. Looks great. Only a couple of months and change from hosting a game. It will be interesting to experience the look/feel of the stadium during this transition year.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

scoreboard.jpg
      Scoreboard progress
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]622[/ATTACH]
        Scoreboard progress
        Am I correct in thinking that the scoreboard will be in an operational mode for the 2015 season?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Am I correct in thinking that the scoreboard will be in an operational mode for the 2015 season?
          Because the old one is down I think that forces completion of the new scoreboard prior to Sept. 12 for SUU game. I would hate to see something temporary. Plus the sparkling new scoreboard should also help distract fans from some of the inevitable messiness that will exist in this mid-project season.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

There is no doubt that the scoreboard and the south and east sides will be completed before the first football game. That is definitely the plan. Going to be quite a fall!

Comment

sure seems like a ton of work to get ready for the 1st football game which really isnt that far away. I hope they get what they need to done. I have no reason to think they wont have it ready.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                There is no doubt that the scoreboard and the south and east sides will be completed before the first football game. That is definitely the plan. Going to be quite a fall!
                I drove by on Sunday afternoon and it is great to see the progress. As an outside observer of this project, it is difficult to judge how "completed" the east and south will be by Sept. 12, as opposed to how "functional but incomplete" these will be. There is certainly a lot of work to do to accomplish either of these. More than 2 full months remain until the SUU game, so I am not suggesting the project is not meeting deadlines, I just expect that this year, the east and south sides of the stadium may not be 100 completed. In the end as long as they are functional and safe, most everyone will just be excited to a) have a seat to sit in, and b) be a part of the last season of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium as it is steadily engulfed by the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium being constructed around it.

Comment

Bumped for easier finding.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0i...ew?usp=sharing

Stopped by the facilities today, got a nice view. The quality of the vidoe dropped when it was sent from my phone

To get an idea of the size of the scoreboard, look at the goal posts

Comment

Rabbits64 picture also illustrates how high the scoreboard is situated. It starts at the top of the east side bleachers.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post

Stopped by the facilities today, got a nice view. The quality of the vidoe dropped when it was sent from my phone

To get an idea of the size of the scoreboard, look at the goal posts
                        Wow, the goal post gives some real perspective. That thing is going to be massive. FBS-massive. They are really doing this stadium right.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Wow, the goal post gives some real perspective. That thing is going to be massive. FBS-massive. They are really doing this stadium right.
                          The stadium site has some more pics up today. There is one where a construction worker is up on the catwalk of the scoreboard. It really gives it some scale.

http://danajdykhousestadium.com/wp-c...eboard1500.jpg

Comment

stadium looks awesome cant wait to get down there to check it out. do they think they will be able to get the majority of it done by kick off????

Comment

do they think they will be able to get the majority of it done by kick off?? looks great

Comment

Originally posted by bat67 View Post
                                stadium looks awesome cant wait to get down there to check it out. do they think they will be able to get the majority of it done by kick off????
                                Everything appears to be on schedule, so the East and South sides should be complete before the start of the '15 season.

The westside grandstand will remain for the upcoming season, and as soon as the season concludes, it will be torn down and a new one will be built in its place.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X