Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by bat67 View Post
    do they think they will be able to get the majority of it done by kick off?? looks great
    No intention to finish it all by this fall. Anticipating having the east and south sides done with the west grandstand seating unchanged. Last I heard there should be about 15,000 seats available for games this fall.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With more seating and a spankity new stadium. One has to wonder if the hobo day game or ndsu game may brake an attendance record.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        With more seating and a spankity new stadium. One has to wonder if the hobo day game or ndsu game may brake an attendance record.
        With the new stadium will there be a cap on number of seats sold? With the old place they kept on selling SRO tickets but with new stadium will SRO tickets go away?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          With the new stadium will there be a cap on number of seats sold? With the old place they kept on selling SRO tickets but with new stadium will SRO tickets go away?
          I have to think the completion of the stadium will spell the end of SRO. AND I guess that's a catch 22 for attendance. Although they are taking measures to discourage the traditionally large walk up crowd from waiting until game day.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I have to think the completion of the stadium will spell the end of SRO. AND I guess that's a catch 22 for attendance. Although they are taking measures to discourage the traditionally large walk up crowd from waiting until game day.
            With 19,300 seats available, I don't think we will be filling it very often...at least for awhile. Home games against USD and NDSU might be able to push that.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              No intention to finish it all by this fall. Anticipating having the east and south sides done with the west grandstand seating unchanged. Last I heard there should be about 15,000 seats available for games this fall.
              A short article in the Argus today says there will be approximately 17,000 seats available this fall.

Comment

Nicest football facility in MVFC when this is done, not a doubt, right? Maybe nicest in the whole division? Anyone know of similar facilities?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Nicest football facility in MVFC when this is done, not a doubt, right? Maybe nicest in the whole division? Anyone know of similar facilities?
                  I know of none, but in the last few years I have not traveled much. As much as I have felt uneasy for the 10 year pledge etc, I am so grateful for the naming of David Chicoine as president a few years back and also the leadership of Justin Sells. The building of CAS was such a unpopular subject back in the late 1950's. VJ Smith described in his book College On The Hill the proposed Coughlin Alumni Stadium was "more Ohio State than South Dakota State." If you think CAS is a horrible facility, then you never experienced State Field now renamed Sexaure Track. The restroom facilities at State Field were just crude and CAS has been upgraded but still is not what it should be. Also the aisles were too narrow and without any hand rails. Right now CAS is a dangerous place to be on a crowded Saturday. Thank goodness 2015 will be the last experience of this facility. President Chicoine seems to have a very excellent track record of getting things done. He does not strike me as a people pleaser in the least, but the job does get done.

With the new stadium, this facility will right a number of things that went wrong at SDSU. I believe it takes an alum who has spent his career elsewhere to finally take the leadership to build the facility that is now happening.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 07-04-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

A question for you folks back near Brookings or in the know. Will the new stadium, have a brick façade around the whole entire stadium or not? I have seen pictures both ways. The initial drawings showed brick, which for me is a very classy, rich, view. However, later drawings I see very little brick on the exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                      A question for you folks back near Brookings or in the know. Will the new stadium, have a brick façade around the whole entire stadium or not? I have seen pictures both ways. The initial drawings showed brick, which for me is a very classy, rich, view. However, later drawings I see very little brick on the exterior.
                      Just going by the renderings on the http://danajdykhousestadium.com/ site, it appears that the east and south will not be enclosed but protected by chain link fence. I agree that it would be nice if the entire stadium was wrapped in brick or something more dressy, but that would obviously add to cost and may make the concourses feel more cramped.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                        I was wondering the same thing,I don't know,but I think it might come later as an add on or improvement.But,do not know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          I was wondering the same thing,I don't know,but I think it might come later as an add on or improvement.But,do not know for sure.
                          That was one of my concerns, that the Dykhouse building, stadium and field house will all have different looks and building materials. I suspect cost was the issue. We talk about it at work about how awesome it would be if it had a brick facade or something where most of the stadium was wrapped to look similar to the building on campus. But it is what it is. I suppose if i wrote a big check that covered the cost and then some they might change their mind. But since that wont happen, we will have to wait to see what it looks like when its finished next year.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't think its going to have the crappy chain link fence. It looks more like a black woven wire fence to me, which is pretty nice and used regularly in outdoor stadiums. Although obviously not as nice as brick.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1436323603876.jpg tearing the trees down to the east of the stadium, not sure why though.

Comment

Pure Speculation as I am not a tree expert, but the stadium construction could be destroying the root system for those trees. Which could make them die and unsafe.
                                We...ARE...STATE!
                                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X