New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Drove by late(pic won't show) but it looks like the press box coming down didn't quite happen like they wanted. Oh well, I'd think at the latest by early next week it'll all be a memory......

some bad, some good and some flat out of this world. I wish the athletic dept would do a couple top ten videos on coughlin. Top ten offensive, defensive, rushing, tackling, games and/or 10 greatest players, etc. The segments could be 5-7 minutes or even more if you interviewed those involved and so forth. I'd think it could even be a project or a funded grant. Good possibility that you could produce it and develop it into a dvd. Next season said dvd could be sold as a fundraiser for the athletic dept, stadium or whatever. I know I'd buy one for 15-20 bucks.

Comment

3E2884_zpsuqssyo62.png.html][/URL]
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Drove by late(pic won't show) but it looks like the press box coming down didn't quite happen like they wanted. Oh well, I'd think at the latest by early next week it'll all be a memory......

some bad, some good and some flat out of this world. I wish the athletic dept would do a couple top ten videos on coughlin. Top ten offensive, defensive, rushing, tackling, games and/or 10 greatest players, etc. The segments could be 5-7 minutes or even more if you interviewed those involved and so forth. I'd think it could even be a project or a funded grant. Good possibility that you could produce it and develop it into a dvd. Next season said dvd could be sold as a fundraiser for the athletic dept, stadium or whatever. I know I'd buy one for 15-20 bucks.
        I would buy it too. But it has to have the 2007 punt return against NDSU. Can't believe that wasn't on the halftime highlight they showed the last game.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think I saw some sort of various top 10 stuff last year in place of the Jacrabbit tv show.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

So. Frost arena got a new roof. That would seem to dispel any idea that the foot print of the building might change.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be the last day that any part of Coughlin Alumni Stadium exists...

https://twitter.com/Jacks_Equipment/...45492607504386

Comment

She gone...

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]736[/ATTACH]
                  She gone...
                  Not a tear in my eye. Looking forward like every old guy should.

Comment

sdsu.jpg

Just got this in a press release from SDSU...

The final section of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium's west stands were demolished today. The stadium, which hosted its first game in 1962, is being removed for the construction of South Dakota State University's Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. The new stadium will be completed in time for the 2016 football season.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]737[/ATTACH]

Just got this in a press release from SDSU...

The final section of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium's west stands were demolished today. The stadium, which hosted its first game in 1962, is being removed for the construction of South Dakota State University's Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. The new stadium will be completed in time for the 2016 football season.
                      Anybody got recent photos???

Comment

No photos but they are very quickly closing in the area that will be the suites, press box and booster room on the west side. That's what I see going on while driving the US 14 by pass on my way to wally world on 22 ave. I could be wrong, but I don't think they have started on the west side seating.

Comment

20151221_143121.jpg20151221_143311.jpg20151221_143402.jpg20151221_143405 (1).jpg20151221_143405 (1).jpg
                          Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Anybody got recent photos???

Comment

SDSU football just tweeted out a new photo

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/679692857771347968

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]763[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks, Slosho!

Comment

I know it would cost a lot more money, but I wish they would've gone with the original drawings that show brick on the outside, that would be a classy looking stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X