Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Just like when you asked her to marry? Right?

Sort of but i think we were drinking Andre Champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Sort of but i think we were drinking Andre Champagne.
      Worried you were going to say keystone light.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        Sorry, but I don't see the logic. We don't have all the information yet.
        What more information do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          What more information do you need?
          I don't need any more information. I don"t get dropping season tickets now because you don"t like where prices may or may not be in two years. How do you know -- as the athletic dept. gets a better understanding about demand and what the market will bear -- won"t come up with a price structure or ticket plan more in line with what you're thinking? Seems a bit reactionary to me. Why not let things play out another year or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I finally sat down and did the math last night, and the cost of a season ticket where I currently sit (ticket price + mandatory minimum donation) goes up 94% between 2014 and 2016.

Let me say that again. 94% in 2 years. I wonder if I'm the only one thinking of pulling the plug this year since I see what is coming down the road.

Yes, I still haven't renewed my 5 seats for this year. Normally I do it the day I receive my papers.

I wouldn't worry too much about tickets. There will be plenty of good seats available. Remember there is going to be two sides of good seats with the new stadium. They will be begging people to buy season tickets in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
              I wouldn't worry too much about tickets. There will be plenty of good seats available. Remember there is going to be two sides of good seats with the new stadium. They will be begging people to buy season tickets in a few years.
              I have been thinking about asking this question for quite some time. I think there are 38 rows in the current stadium, plus about 16 rows in the east bleachers. The seats are narrow. How many rows on each side in the new stadium? I think the seats will be wider, and so will the aisles. Thus, my question. How many seats will there be between the ten yard lines in the new stadium vs. what there is now? I am not so certain that there will be a surplus of good seats. Remember, a lot of the added seats will be behind the south end zone or on the east and west sides of the field facing into the end zones from the side. I suspect that a lot of those who plan to buy walk up tickets on game day will be disappointed at the selection.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

i'm a season ticket holder in the iconic NFL stadium. our seats are 50 rows up and are on the 25 yard line. last year i was offered a trade for some tickets 10 rows up and on the 40 yard line. having never sat that low in the stadium i went for it. after the game mrs. KI and i both agreed we preferred the seats higher up in the stadium.

Comment

I finally sat down and did the math last night, and the cost of a season ticket where I currently sit (ticket price + mandatory minimum donation) goes up 94% between 2014 and 2016.

Let me say that again. 94% in 2 years. I wonder if I'm the only one thinking of pulling the plug this year since I see what is coming down the road.

Yes, I still haven't renewed my 5 seats for this year. Normally I do it the day I receive my papers.
                  Right there with you.. I have 7 seats.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Right there with you.. I have 7 seats.
                    Alert to Justin Sell, a mass exodus. Good luck, and hopefully the ticket exchange will still be part of this board. If I cant make it to a game, I plan on using ticket exchange.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 04-12-2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Im still going to get season tickets but am leaning away from club seats. I will probably go from 2 to 6 season tickets so my kids and grandkids can sit by us at the games, when they can come. But i still have a couple weeks to decide.

Comment

Conference call BOR meeting tomorrow on the football stadium facility design plan. No major changes except it does now list the capacity at 19,359 up 19 from the 19,340. Hopefully shovels will hit the ground soon!

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/2014/May/5_BOR0514.pdf

On a thread drift note, wasn't USD supposed to have a ground breaking today on May 12 after graduation? Seems to be pretty quite since the big May 12 announcement during the summit league tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                          ...On a thread drift note, wasn't USD supposed to have a ground breaking today on May 12 after graduation? Seems to be pretty quite since the big May 12 announcement during the summit league tournament.
                          USD's groundbreaking delayed while some contract issues are worked out.

Artists renditions of the USD planned basketball facility are very attractive.

Comment

I think its a good idea to make sure all the "I" are dotted and the "t"s crossed, before you move forward. USD must have an SDSU Engineer working for them.

Its interesting that SDSU found 19 more seats. It sounds like most of the stadium is going to be general mission seats, like 14,400 of them, but I suppose that includes what we know today as reserved seats. I am impressed with the expanded concession offerings in points of sale.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              USD's groundbreaking delayed while some contract issues are worked out.

Artists renditions of the USD planned basketball facility are very attractive.
                              That makes sense. If you are going to build a basketball arena, track, etc you want to have the contracts right.

Comment

Per T.V.

Regents call puts latest potential bonding rate on SDSU football stadium at 3.98, down from 4.55. That adds up on $39M repaid over 25 years.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X