Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Tweet and Facebook message about a stadium update. Any ideas? Or is this a hyped message that has no real information attached to it.
    *Wishful thinking* They're going to sell beer at games!!!

Comment

Tweet and Facebook message about a stadium update. Any ideas? Or is this a hyped message that has no real information attached to it.
      Going to guess they gave a tour to media outlets like the Argus, and the video from that tour will make its way to GoJacks. NDSU did something similar a few weeks back with the SHAC. Or maybe they hit or are about to hit some milestone and are going to celebrate it. Something like the building being weather-tight for the first time, or the last piece of structural steel, or the last concrete pour, or 100 days to completion. Something like that.

Comment

All I know is that its coming soon and a few weeks when we drove by sure seemed like a lot of work to go.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I assume this is what they were referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=lGfjljlWMCU

Just an update on the construction progress. They are starting to work on the inside, and turf will show up in 4-5 weeks. No talk of beer sales, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I assume this is what they were referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=lGfjljlWMCU

Just an update on the construction progress. They are starting to work on the inside, and turf will show up in 4-5 weeks. No talk of beer sales, unfortunately.
            No worry, the beer sales will happen. Unless there is some snag with BOR, the approval should be forthcoming. Enjoy.

Comment

Looking at the webcam today, it looks like they are putting the finishing touches on the leveling of the base rock. From there I believe they will pack that layer, then they will add a layer of finish rock, level that, and then they will start to install the turf. If I had to guess, I would say we may start to see rolls of turf by the end of next week or early following week. All based on slightly educated speculation mind you. Fun to watch the progress though.

Comment

Completion date for the field turf is July 22. The contractor continues to be ahead of schedule overall, and things will move along fast. The west side bleachers are done, and the central Club Seat area has most of the seats installed...would expect that completed by tomorrow. Going to be quite a place!!

Comment

Good to see somebody knows how to use a camera during the progress. Couple nice shots from the company putting down the turf.
                  https://mobile.twitter.com/b_lee68/s...11780296704000

*misspoke I see now the website has been updated with new photos.
                  http://danajdykhousestadium.com/mult...uction-photos/

Comment

Coach Eck Periscoping https://www.periscope.tv/Coach_Eck/1BRJjjragyBJw

*Darn it was short lived.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Coach Eck Periscoping https://www.periscope.tv/Coach_Eck/1BRJjjragyBJw

*Darn it was short lived.
                      Never did anything that size, but as a CEO I did put up two or three hundred thousand square feet of public buildings before retiring. That just doesn't look like it's going to be ready in a couple of months. They must work harder than they do in Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                        Never did anything that size, but as a CEO I did put up two or three hundred thousand square feet of public buildings before retiring. That just doesn't look like it's going to be ready in a couple of months. They must work harder than they do in Missouri.
                        We had a very mild winter and will pay for it this coming year or the one following. I think it will be done on time. Many reports about being ahead of schedule.

Comment

Lots of work going on behind the stadium (sidewalks, curbs, preparation work for paving). One small section of club seats to go, and the seating in the stadium will be complete. Turf scheduled to be done (or started, 2 stories floating around) on July 22. Most of the work now is on the interior (suites, club room, press area, etc.) and it looks to be doing well. Still hearing everything is ahead of or right on schedule. Going to be awesome!!

Comment

One of the architects I used to work with told the story of a carpenter who left a hammer on a row of bricks that were being put down. Since the carpenters had left the site and only carpenters were allowed by union regulations to touch hammers, all workers on the site waited in their trucks. The architect had to drive out to the site, arriving an hour later and knocked the hammer on the ground. The other trades returned to work, but grievances were filed since architects are not allowed to touch tools. I have dozens of equally egregious building war stories. Maybe that's why South Dakota's economy is doing better than the St. Louis area. I guess I'm jaded in my old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                              One of the architects I used to work with told the story of a carpenter who left a hammer on a row of bricks that were being put down. Since the carpenters had left the site and only carpenters were allowed by union regulations to touch hammers, all workers on the site waited in their trucks. The architect had to drive out to the site, arriving an hour later and knocked the hammer on the ground. The other trades returned to work, but grievances were filed since architects are not allowed to touch tools. I have dozens of equally egregious building war stories. Maybe that's why South Dakota's economy is doing better than the St. Louis area. I guess I'm jaded in my old age.
                              America
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                #murica
                                fify

Comment

Working...
                                X