• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;298307]
    Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    These are terrible comparisons.

NDSU has won 5 straight National Championships. Gamedays are always 70 degrees. When Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska come to Brookings in the same season, we can compare ticket prices with Minnesota.

I'm sure there are new season ticket holders in the new stadium, and maybe the math works out to more revenue. But I know 3 people that didn't renew or reduced their tickets this year due to prices.

I guess i was happy with the prices. I paid $345 this year and $305 last year. But i also went from Sec J last year to the 40 yd line this year.
    Everyone will have different opinions, and I'm cool with that. My post wasn't intended to complain, I've done plenty of that elsewhere.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
      So I've been watching on the Web Cam as they place the sand/crumb rubber infill the last couple of days. I notice they haven't placed the MVFC logos on the field yet. Seems like that would be something you'd want done before the infill process. Would be messy to try to do it afterwards, but not impossible. Hard to believe it's an oversight. Maybe they're planning to paint them on? (I guess it would make it easier for SDSU to change football conferences in the future ). Any theories?
      Based on the videos posted earlier, the process for cutting in logos looked pretty elaborate/expensive. I would guess that painting on is cheaper, but wouldn't look as good for the center field logo.

In other words, the additional cost for creating the cutouts and installing them wouldn't be justified against the slightly worse looking conference logos that people won't notice anyway.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

NDSU has won 5 straight National Championships. Gamedays are always 70 degrees. When Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska come to Brookings in the same season, we can compare ticket prices with Minnesota.

I'm sure there are new season ticket holders in the new stadium, and maybe the math works out to more revenue. But I know 3 people that didn't renew or reduced their tickets this year due to prices.
        It is actually cheaper to get season tickets this year in certain circumstances (if you pick the sections that don't require Jackrabbit Club donations).
        Previous year: $150 + $50 (minimum donation in certain sections)=$200
        This year: $170 + no donation in outer sections

Comment

Since you went after my post as a terrible comparison, I guess I should respond. NDSU has always been better than us at this. Why? Money. Support. We are in the same conference and play the same football. That is apples to apples. For those 3 that dropped or lowered, there are a bunch that upgraded to club, loge, suites, and others that got new season tickets. I bought 2 club seats for 10 years. Why? Because SDSU football matters to me. If SDSU football is further down one's list for disposable income, that's cool too. But it is apples to apples. You either support your team with the investment or you aren't to the extent of others. And that's fine. I just hate hearing people bitch about the status of the program when those same people don't put up. And I'm not saying that is you SF, I'm just making a larger point on that topic. I won't be bothered if someone doesn't think it's a good investment, but honestly, the level of football for the price is a bargain. Hell, KU is sill trying to get me to buy season football tickets for less to that dumpster fire. And that stadium and product is terrible. I couldn't care less that they play OU, UT, Baylor, etc. However, I still go to a game when I can and support when I can.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            It is actually cheaper to get season tickets this year in certain circumstances (if you pick the sections that don't require Jackrabbit Club donations).
            Previous year: $150 + $50 (minimum donation in certain sections)=$200
            This year: $170 + no donation in outer sections
            Funny thing about that is: they decided to renege on the fact that you could buy those seats as season ticket holders. (I WOULD KNOW) Well at least in the SE corner. They decided I think after the fact that they would have more revenue if they sold those to businesses and as part of game packs. I had to threaten to pull out our 10 season tickets (Legitimate threat however; the $100 per couple seat fee is the difference between coming or not for some in our group [like goon they have young children]) before they reluctantly offered us season tickets in the visitor section. It was the only way our whole group was going to make the games this year. As it is with groups when not everybody shows up then others are disinterested and don't want to come either.

Comment

Interesting tidbit from the recent article on gojacks.com on the MidCo Sports extension.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/7/2...rtnership.aspx

"Additionally, a generous MidcoSN donation will mean improved technology for a better fan experience inside the new Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium opening this fall."

Could this mean additional scoreboard on the north end?
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Interesting tidbit from the recent article on gojacks.com on the MidCo Sports extension.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/7/2...rtnership.aspx

"Additionally, a generous MidcoSN donation will mean improved technology for a better fan experience inside the new Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium opening this fall."

Could this mean additional scoreboard on the north end?
                Maybe, my guess is wifi. At times, internet has been extremely slow at games, for me at least.

Seems pretty late in the ballgame to get a scoreboard up.

Comment

Maybe, my guess is wifi. At times, internet has been extremely slow at games, for me at least.

For reference, the attached article shows what Midco is providing USD under their new 10 year contract http://www.goyotes.com/news/2016/3/4...x?path=general
                  USD Fan

Comment

The need for some type of scoreboard/video board on the north end was discussed here during the season a year ago. The feeling then was that something would likely be added after the west side was complete, and I expect that will be done before the season starts.

Comment

Cool ariel shot someone tweeted out:

Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        The need for some type of scoreboard/video board on the north end was discussed here during the season a year ago. The feeling then was that something would likely be added after the west side was complete, and I expect that will be done before the season starts.

On a recent trip to Brookings I walked into the northeast corner of the stadium as if I had a right to be there. I happened to encounter a staff member. I discussed the need for an additional scoreboard with him. He admitted that not planning for one was a significant regret, but that it won't happen this year, unless something has changed in the last few days.
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          ...and I expect that will be done before the season starts.
                          Your line suggests you have info which convinces you a scoreboard will be added. Are you just speculating or are you saying there will be a new scoreboard on the north end this season? (I think West River Jack's report states the actual fact.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Your line suggests you have info which convinces you a scoreboard will be added. Are you just speculating or are you saying there will be a new scoreboard on the north end this season? (I think West River Jack's report states the actual fact.)
                            Total speculation.Just hard to believe that as first class that the stadium is, that a ribbon board couldn't be put in that at least shows down and distance, time and score. Doesn't have to be a giant video board.
                            Last edited by bigticket1; 07-31-2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Let's hope the money is found quickly and something like a ribbon board can come off the Daktronis production line while the season is young.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Cool ariel shot someone tweeted out:

Well, the last section of seats has been installed, so the poster who was (jokingly) worried can now rest easy.

And the checkerboard pattern is now completely done.

Comment

Working...
                                X