Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    So I was looking at the stadium pictures. We have 6 seats in the middle section on the home side. $250 per seat donation plus $170 per ticket and I'm sitting on a bleacher? That's $70 per game per person for bleacher seats. Yikes.
    So basically the equivalent (price wise) of sitting upper deck at Vikings new stadium 😉...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

So I was looking at the stadium pictures. We have 6 seats in the middle section on the home side. $250 per seat donation plus $170 per ticket and I'm sitting on a bleacher? That's $70 per game per person for bleacher seats. Yikes.
      Bleacher seats WITH backs. That's high class right there. For real though, I was kind of surprised that there weren't more actual seats.

Comment

Thanks, West River Jacks...will have to check out the bookstore.
        Last edited by JackJD; 07-28-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Think about it like this. What do NDSU fans pay for those same tickets including donation? That's a pretty damn good deal where you're sitting when you compare the two, plus, you have a seat back. What do those same seats cost at gopher games? I'm guessing much more and they haven't won anything of consequence in like 6 decades.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Bleacher seats WITH backs. That's high class right there. For real though, I was kind of surprised that there weren't more actual seats.
            More seats limits capacity. That's the simple answer.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

If we have the problem of more demand than available seats and we do the upper-deck expansion on the east side, then chair seating can be added (at higher prices!).

I think when we get in the new place in September, the 'wow' factor will last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Think about it like this. What do NDSU fans pay for those same tickets including donation? That's a pretty damn good deal where you're sitting when you compare the two, plus, you have a seat back. What do those same seats cost at gopher games? I'm guessing much more and they haven't won anything of consequence in like 6 decades.
                You're correct. I'm over it already. I'm just surprised there weren't more actual seats like stated above.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  These are terrible comparisons.

NDSU has won 5 straight National Championships. Gamedays are always 70 degrees. When Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska come to Brookings in the same season, we can compare ticket prices with Minnesota.

I'm sure there are new season ticket holders in the new stadium, and maybe the math works out to more revenue. But I know 3 people that didn't renew or reduced their tickets this year due to prices.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

NDSU has won 5 straight National Championships. Gamedays are always 70 degrees. When Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska come to Brookings in the same season, we can compare ticket prices with Minnesota.

I'm sure there are new season ticket holders in the new stadium, and maybe the math works out to more revenue. But I know 3 people that didn't renew or reduced their tickets this year due to prices.
                    we stopped getting season tickets a few years ago and just get them on game by game basis. sometimes we games we need 4, some 6, so its easier for us. Plus I figure with the new stadium that there are more seats available, getting individual game tickets are slightly easier to get. Plus i usually get tickets for all the games we are going too like the first week then are onsale. basically just need to make sure to get them before they are available to NDSU fans, since thats probably the only game that would be an issue for the most part. In the future would love the idea of having season tickets again, but being young family with young kids, it just is better for now not having seaon tickets. Sure look forward to the first game though.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I bought three extra single game tickets for opening day today because I have some family coming. I have 2 season tickets on the west side. Sounded like almost everything on the west side is sold out to season ticket holders except for way to each end. I got very good tickets on the east side. But whats available may change quickly when sales open to the general public.

Comment

So I've been watching on the Web Cam as they place the sand/crumb rubber infill the last couple of days. I notice they haven't placed the MVFC logos on the field yet. Seems like that would be something you'd want done before the infill process. Would be messy to try to do it afterwards, but not impossible. Hard to believe it's an oversight. Maybe they're planning to paint them on? (I guess it would make it easier for SDSU to change football conferences in the future ). Any theories?
                        If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

The W-L record for this season will be a big determinant in what fans do in terms of season tickets. If we go 9-2 and go deep in the playoffs, those who did not renew might have some regret. Maybe they were tired of SDSU football and even this would not make them reconsider.
                          I was a guest at NDSU-SDSU football game in Fargo a couple years back. These Bison fans could not make the game because of other commitments. I believe they have given generously over the years to the Team Makers but their seats were not even 10 yard line seats, but were end zone seats. They warned me that it would not be a good idea to wear Jackrabbit gear to the game. Once I got there, I begin to see why they told me that. There was one noisy and brash fan seating in front me. I would have put my life on the line if I had told him sit down. Very enthusiastic fans to say the least. I kept my mouth shut throughout most of the game, except when JeRyan Butler intercepted a pass and nearly took it to the house. Some LB got a hold of his jersey and did not let go until the others flatten JeRyan. If we can put that fear into Bison fans, then we will have accomplished something. Its going to take a number of big wins to do this. Do I plan on going to the NDSU game in Fargo this year? I think I will pass on that.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 07-29-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            I bought three extra single game tickets for opening day today because I have some family coming. I have 2 season tickets on the west side. Sounded like almost everything on the west side is sold out to season ticket holders except for way to each end. I got very good tickets on the east side. But whats available may change quickly when sales open to the general public.
                            I called today to get 4 extra tickets for the Western Ill game Oct 1 and was told the same thing. I was hoping to get them on the west side but better seats on the east side

Comment

[QUOTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan;298299]These are terrible comparisons.

I guess i was happy with the prices. I paid $345 this year and $305 last year. But i also went from Sec J last year to the 40 yd line this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                I called today to get 4 extra tickets for the Western Ill game Oct 1 and was told the same thing. I was hoping to get them on the west side but better seats on the east side
                                As a fan who committed to one seat for 10 years, this is very good news, that is the west side is sold out. A good season in terms of wins will make it more difficult to get extra tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X