Tailgating at Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating at Nebraska

We are staying at the Embassy Suites Friday and Saturday night. Planning to meet a bunch of people in the Hay Market Friday night. The Embassy has a great tailgate party that we will attend but wondering what others are doing and what options exist if we decide to wander.

I saw under another thread an offer to join some Jackrabbits to the west by the baseball field. That sounded like a great time. I will find that post under the other forum and move it here.

Anyone else have plans they want to share? Planning to enjoy Saturday evening regardless of the outcome of the game.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Tailgating at Nebraska

It was from jackolantern:

I hope we can all enjoy a great day in Lincoln....and let it not be about Bo........If you need a place to be with those in Blue and Yellow....come to the Indian center on 11th and Military..it is a great tailgating spot...not in a concrete parking lot...you can park for $15 and be in trees and grass...It is only a 15 min walk to the stadium....I would like to meet you guys.....we will have a camper, a band from 11-1, food and drinks...a lot of Jacks fans!!! GO JACKS!!!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      It was from jackolantern:

I hope we can all enjoy a great day in Lincoln....and let it not be about Bo........If you need a place to be with those in Blue and Yellow....come to the Indian center on 11th and Military..it is a great tailgating spot...not in a concrete parking lot...you can park for $15 and be in trees and grass...It is only a 15 min walk to the stadium....I would like to meet you guys.....we will have a camper, a band from 11-1, food and drinks...a lot of Jacks fans!!! GO JACKS!!!!
      Embassy suites is south of the stadium, the Indian center is north of the stadium. Any advice (other than walking) for getting from one to the other?

Comment

We have a room at Townhouse Extended Stay which is about 6 blocks from the stadium. Both my sisters, daughter and I are going to do the dirty girl 5k at 10 Sat. morning (I may die...but Kayti (daughter) and I said we are going to do this one and hopefully by next summer be able to run it instead of walk.) If any of the wives, girlfriends, etc. are looking for something to do it is going to be a fun event. Better, we will be done and roaming the stadium, area after a quick clean up, by about 1.

Comment

We tailgated near the baseball stadium in 2010 and plan on going there again this year. Had a great time then and its going to be a great time again this year, win or lose. Anyone know of a good sports bar to eat at on Friday night? Saturday night we are going to Grisantis Italian restaurant. A guy that i work with, orignially from that area said it is an awesome place to eat, so we are going there. Its on O St near a Mall.

Comment

If you get a chance you need to check out the new Pinnacle Center and that whole area west of the stadium. Going to be amazing - see the rail yard if you are down there for the weekend. Have fun, not sure if we'll be down or not - Go Jacks!!!

Comment

I believe the lot to the west of the baseball stadium has been turned into donor parking this year, which was not the case at the 2010 game. I was at that site in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am from Omaha and plan on using the tailgating site north of the stadium by Indian center as this is one of the few spots around the stadium where a large number of visiting fans can gather with cars/RV's, etc. Otherwise, Jack tailgating will probably be in little pockets around the stadium, depending on who you know and what Husker fans you can befriend to let you tailgate by them.

Looking forward to the game. Go Big BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit1227 View Post
                I believe the lot to the west of the baseball stadium has been turned into donor parking this year, which was not the case at the 2010 game. I was at that site in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am from Omaha and plan on using the tailgating site north of the stadium by Indian center as this is one of the few spots around the stadium where a large number of visiting fans can gather with cars/RV's, etc. Otherwise, Jack tailgating will probably be in little pockets around the stadium, depending on who you know and what Husker fans you can befriend to let you tailgate by them.

Looking forward to the game. Go Big BLUE!!
                You are correct, the baseball lot was designated as a donor lot prior to this season. However, I called the Nebraska ticket office, and they informed me that the donor spots were not all sold, and that the lot is open to anyone (first-come, first-serve) on gamedays for 20$ a vehicle. From those I know, if you are there early enough, getting spots to tailgate should not be a huge issue. That is where my crew will be.

Comment

Thanks, Jack43! Good information there. Wherever everyone ends up, I hope everyone has a great time in Lincoln. It's a great town with great fans (for the most part) and a great atmosphere on game days. Go Jacks!

Comment

I have to plug the official SDSU party!

This one is for Alumni, Students, Fans, and Friends!!! Come one come all!

We are in the Embassy Suites!

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

We plan on eating at Misty's on Fri night, then to the Haymarket. Sat we'll wander around, but will definitely check out The Single Barrel on 10th & P....The Sidetrack Band plays there pre-game and they were an absolute blast back in 2010.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        We plan on eating at Misty's on Fri night, then to the Haymarket. Sat we'll wander around, but will definitely check out The Single Barrel on 10th & P....The Sidetrack Band plays there pre-game and they were an absolute blast back in 2010.
                        I spent about 12 hours at sidetrack in 2010. I will definitely be at the Single Barrel Friday night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

As was pointed out earlier, visit the west Haymarket area. It's entirely new since the 2010 game and includes The Railyard and Pinnacle Bank Arena. Someone asked about sports bars. The Historic Haymarket has several, including Brewsky's (my favorite), the N-Zone and the brand-new Buffalo Wings & Rings in The Railyard. The landmark, Barry's Bar and Grill, has been remodeled (most noticeably, the exterior) since 2010. And of course, there's the most appropriate place for Jackrabbit fans: Jack's Bar & Grill.

If you're looking for a meat coma before or after the game, Rodizio Grill is a new Brazillian-style steakhouse in the Haymarket.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Parking? anybody have a good handle on this? last time I was on a bus so I didn't have to think about this. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Parking? anybody have a good handle on this? last time I was on a bus so I didn't have to think about this. Suggestions?
                              http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/2018987.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                              X