Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: young Rabbits

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If this happens again , you would think that it would be appropriate for our AD,or someone on the coaching staff to have a conversation with this parent (if it hasn't already been taken care of.)
    Since I got to know Fred Oien in 1986, we have had a number of conversations. One of my concerns when they put in court side seating, was how the fans might over react, and I mentioned one individual in particular, and Dr. Oien told me: He has been warned. So I would tend to think the coaches and AD have had conversations with this parent. Apparently the word has not sunk in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Since I got to know Fred Oien in 1986, we have had a number of conversations. One of my concerns when they put in court side seating, was how the fans might over react, and I mentioned one individual in particular, and Dr. Oien told me: He has been warned. So I would tend to think the coaches and AD have had conversations with this parent. Apparently the word has not sunk in.
      There is really nothing to warn about. He is just somewhat obnoxiously loud, and an extreme extrovert who likes to draw attention to himself. His constant comments about such things as "this is an easy serve coming" are not anymore demeaning than lots of yells...he just over does it. And when they play Cotton Eyed Joe, while the teams are away on intermission, he rushes to the aisle to dance (and he IS pretty good BTW), he wants everybody to watch. And they do. He also starts a "fast-clap" often, during a time out, and his energy (and annoyance) is something to behold as well. Some people love it, but I suspect a majority are embarrassed. As I said earlier, only 5 more exhibitions left in his career, so nothing to be concerned about at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        There is really nothing to warn about. He is just somewhat obnoxiously loud, and an extreme extrovert who likes to draw attention to himself. His constant comments about such things as "this is an easy serve coming" are not anymore demeaning than lots of yells...he just over does it. And when they play Cotton Eyed Joe, while the teams are away on intermission, he rushes to the aisle to dance (and he IS pretty good BTW), he wants everybody to watch. And they do. He also starts a "fast-clap" often, during a time out, and his energy (and annoyance) is something to behold as well. Some people love it, but I suspect a majority are embarrassed. As I said earlier, only 5 more exhibitions left in his career, so nothing to be concerned about at this point.
        Just wrong sport I'd guess,this would be highly welcomed,especially the "energy" part, in the football stands...

Comment

Is this what YE is complaining about? My reaction to the facts are "Jeez get a life YE", like USD has never acted ugly against SDSU, such as the Beat State not Your wife t-shirts, a sample of misdeeds that have occurred over the years. That is to say Jack fans are not models either, but guy does not need a warning, only encouragement.

This guy appears to be a hero in my opinion, we could use more extroverted fans to make up for those folks in Section F, who come to enjoy the game and watch the Pride perform.

Have we got anymore parents like this guy to replace him after this season?
          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-17-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Is this what YE is complaining about? My reaction to the facts are "Jeez get a life YE", like USD has never acted ugly against SDSU, such as the Beat State not Your wife t-shirts, a sample of misdeeds that have occurred over the years. That is to say Jack fans are not models either, but guy does not need a warning, only encouragement.

This guy appears to be a hero in my opinion, we could use more extroverted fans to make up for those folks in Section F, who come to enjoy the game and watch the Pride perform.

Have we got anymore parents like this guy to replace him after this season?
            Nidaros my friend, I never complained. I simply pointed out that you have a fan ( parent ) that acts unlike anyone I have ever seen before at a volleyball match, and many of the posters on here simply agreed he might be out of bounds. This isn't about comparing to USD fans, or NDSU fans it was simply a statement. Hell, I have to look back but I think you even defended me on that. Quite frankly I don't care if you have 10 parents act that way. I will guaranty you that the kids are embarrassed by their actions. Is the parent full of energy? Yes. Is he a pretty good dance to the song? Yep, he is. I don't want the bunny board to come crashing down on me because several of you have agreed with me, or sent me messages agreeing with me. I guaranty you my friend, knowing you as I think I might being on here, you wouldn't condone his actions. If I'm wrong then carry on...I usually am on here according to most.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacks#1Fan;236848]Unfortunately, the father YFE is referring to, was NOT on too much Hobo brew...it's an embarassing personality and personally, I am afraid it is his true personality. I agree YFE...a lot of us are just as embarrassed by this behavior. He comes from a far distance, and will only serve as side "entertainment" for a little longer.[/QUOT

For Nidaros memory bank. This post says it all. Thank you # 1

Comment

[QUOTE=yoteforever;236938]
                Unfortunately, the father YFE is referring to, was NOT on too much Hobo brew...it's an embarassing personality and personally, I am afraid it is his true personality. I agree YFE...a lot of us are just as embarrassed by this behavior. He comes from a far distance, and will only serve as side "entertainment" for a little longer.[/QUOT

For Nidaros memory bank. This post says it all. Thank you # 1
                Hey I read Jack#1 Fans post and his subsequent one and you appear to be complaining about nothing than a parent who is obnoxious. I suppose USD parents are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  If I'm wrong then carry on...I usually am on here according to most.
                  No, you're wrong about that.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

[QUOTE=Nidaros;236944]
                    Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Hey I read Jack#1 Fans post and his subsequent one and you appear to be complaining about nothing than a parent who is obnoxious. I suppose USD parents are perfect.
                    Don't worry about it YFE, someone obviously pissed in his Wheaties today.

Comment

[QUOTE=NebraskaJack;236975]
                      Don't worry about it YFE, someone obviously pissed in his Wheaties today.
                      I think it was Nebraska Jack who did the pissing.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 10-18-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Young Rabbits have there spring volleyball tourney this Saturday at Frost. See you there.

Comment

Thanks 1b, there has been so much happening, I had forgotten to check that out! Appreciate your post.

Comment

Working...
                          X