young Rabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• young Rabbits

The young Rabbits volleyball broke through for their first win of the season in 5 sets over Coach McDaniel's old team, the Drake Bulldogs. GBGBGJ

Re: young Rabbits

After the football game yesterday I came up I-29 to watch the USD vs. SDSU volleyball match last night. Upon entering Frost we were greeted with the standard jesting one expects in rivalry matches, and that was fun. In set 1, the Jacks played really good and got the win. After that, your youth and inexperience was exposed by a more season and experienced team. USD won 3-1. I'm actually not writing this to "crow" about the win, but to serve notice that you have a couple of "dads" whose behavior at matches is unbelievable. One in particular who must love drawing attention to himself, and really must think he is "all that". Wow. I was amazed that any father would act like that. I've been at volleyball matches all over the country and never witnessed a " I love me " dad like him. I hope he reads this so he no longer embarrasses his daughter. As far as your team goes, you are young. You have so e really good players. Your setter is very good, and you'll be on the rise soon. Thanks to those who had a little fun with us as it made the experience a really good time. Good luck the balance of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      After the football game yesterday I came up I-29 to watch the USD vs. SDSU volleyball match last night. Upon entering Frost we were greeted with the standard jesting one expects in rivalry matches, and that was fun. In set 1, the Jacks played really good and got the win. After that, your youth and inexperience was exposed by a more season and experienced team. USD won 3-1. I'm actually not writing this to "crow" about the win, but to serve notice that you have a couple of "dads" whose behavior at matches is unbelievable. One in particular who must love drawing attention to himself, and really must think he is "all that". Wow. I was amazed that any father would act like that. I've been at volleyball matches all over the country and never witnessed a " I love me " dad like him. I hope he reads this so he no longer embarrasses his daughter. As far as your team goes, you are young. You have so e really good players. Your setter is very good, and you'll be on the rise soon. Thanks to those who had a little fun with us as it made the experience a really good time. Good luck the balance of the season.
      Yote - I agree with you about a couple of parents! Nothing wrong with cheering on your team or daughter. But, a parent or two believes fans come to watch them vs the team. I know my kids would have had that father / kid speach with me had I been that vocal. Besides we do not have that much to cheer about. Our VB team is really struggling. Some nice young talent so hopefully in a year or two? A heart breaking transfer and an injury to a key player has set us back a bit.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Too much Hobo Brew, I suspect. You would think most parents would be thinking of their son or daughter when attending their events. Would love to make it to the Dome for the fb game, but I don't know Dana Dykhouse on a first name basis, so have to depend on a scalper to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Too much Hobo Brew, I suspect. You would think most parents would be thinking of their son or daughter when attending their events. Would love to make it to the Dome for the fb game, but I don't know Dana Dykhouse on a first name basis, so have to depend on a scalper to attend.
          Do you really want to go? If so, I will try and find a ticket for you. One or two?

Comment

Do you really want to go? If so, I will try and find a ticket for you. One or two?
            No I got to go somewhere else that weekend. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

young Rabbits

Knowing Dana Dykhouse is the only way to get tickets? Couldn't buy them when they went on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Knowing Dana Dykhouse is the only way to get tickets? Couldn't buy them when they went on sale?

If I had wanted to go, I would have bought tickets, in seating priority I got over 5000 pts, I got a conflict as I told YE. So why do you really care who I know? Trying to humor YE by name dropping that all.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 10-07-2013, 08:05 PM. Reason: MM

Comment

young Rabbits

If I had wanted to go, I would have bought tickets, I got a conflict as I told YE, so why do you really care?
                  It's a ridiculous statement to make that the only way to get tickets is to be on a first name basis with Dana Dykhouse.

If you can't go because of a prior commitment, say that right away instead of making it look like you can't go because you don't gave the right connections.

Last edited by mango4; 10-07-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

It's a ridiculous statement to make that the only way to get tickets is to be on a first name basis with Dana Dykhouse.

If you can't go because of a prior commitment, say that right away instead of making it look like you can't go because you don't gave the right connections.

Your sarcasm meter should have been maxed out when you read Nidaros' post.

Comment

Gee I am sorry, I did not mean to upset you with name dropping tricks.

Comment

Unfortunately, the father YFE is referring to, was NOT on too much Hobo brew...it's an embarassing personality and personally, I am afraid it is his true personality. I agree YFE...a lot of us are just as embarrassed by this behavior. He comes from a far distance, and will only serve as side "entertainment" for a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Unfortunately, the father YFE is referring to, was NOT on too much Hobo brew...it's an embarassing personality and personally, I am afraid it is his true personality. I agree YFE...a lot of us are just as embarrassed by this behavior. He comes from a far distance, and will only serve as side "entertainment" for a little longer.
                          If this happens again , you would think that it would be appropriate for our AD,or someone on the coaching staff to have a conversation with this parent (if it hasn't already been taken care of.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Well, now I kinda want to go to a vb game to see if it's the same guy that embarrasses himself on the east side of CAS (I assume he still does, I'm west side now, glad to be away from him).

Seriously though, I do want to take my eldest daughter sometime.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              If this happens again , you would think that it would be appropriate for our AD,or someone on the coaching staff to have a conversation with this parent (if it hasn't already been taken care of.)
                              Fortunately we are helping the daughter, not the obnoxious Dad, get an education, and she will most likely mimic her mother more than her father in life after volleyball. At least I hope so. As I said in my first post on this thread, you would think this parent would consider his daughters feelings by not acting in a disrespectful manner. Most parents I have met over the years are cheering their son/daughter on but are very subdued in their reactions, and are very grateful once they find out you are a donor to the Jackrabbit club. This is a first.

Comment

Working...
                              X