Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aggabao gone.

Originally posted by Chains View Post
    Do the cheerleading scholarships come from UND or do the cheer teams do some fundraising to pay for scholarships? I was not aware that "anyone" gives scholarship money to support groups like cheer, band, dance etc. They all work very hard but scholarships?

GBGBGJ
    Inside the game story that I posted from the Grand Forks Tribune, in the thread UND game day, page 15, I believe there was a video on the UND cheer squad, and they mentioned taking donations for the cheer squard scholarships. The money no doubt is funneled through the Founadtion. North Dakota's treasurey is bulging but they are not spending it on cheer squad scholarships when half of the roads in Bakken area need repair. So its up to the cheer members to raise the money. I would not be surprised to learn that SDSU is doing something similar. By that video the students put in extra time in doing the cheers and other acts, so there is justification for some sort of stipend.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Last I heard they still pay the pep band. Maybe they should request different songs.
      Not sure if they do anymore but seniors in the marching band got scholarships. Peggy worked hard to get that for the band. for all the years and hours or practice and effort its like a couple hundred bucks i think their senior year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
        If I'm not mistaken, Nebraska gives cheerleading scholarships. Didn't Calista Kirby, Brookings native and Miss South Dakota 2012, have a football cheerleading scholarship?
        She use to work in my office here in SF a few months ago but moved so not able to ask her. She went there for nursing so maybe was nursing or academic scholarships as well.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Its hard to compare baseball to softball. The Legion/High School ranks of South Dakota baseball and upper mid-west are not the greatest, but are far superior to softball. You also have way more viable summer options for baseball then you do softball. There is not a single South Dakota native on the softball team and few from the upper midwest, compared to a handful of SD natives and many from the upper midwest in baseball.

If softball wants to get up to par with baseball it has to fund the team, get home games. But even then it will be tough

Comment

Working...
          X