Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggabao gone.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209253175

I'll be honest, I don't follow SDSU softball, but this is not real surprising. It appears to be long uphill climb to right the SDSU softball ship. Though, to be fair, it'd be a lot easier if we could get some home games.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Aggabao gone.

Why is it not real surprising?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
      Why is it not real surprising?
      After two years not many wins and a bunch of losses, which might have put her on shakey ground. Looks like she is going to a D2 school. I suspect she has a California background.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        After two years not many wins and a bunch of losses, which might have put her on shakey ground. Looks like she is going to a D2 school. I suspect she has a California background.
        You are correct. She is a California girl. I think born and raised in the San Diego area. I know she played softball for a D11 school in San Diego. Tough job getting this softball program going at SDSU. Its never been a competitive sport that I can remember. Zero home games last year because of the weather. It looks like another long season this coming spring based on what we have coming back and a unproven incoming class.

The indoor practice facility should help turn this sport compete. If I understand correctly official games could actually be played inside the practice facility if the weather outside is inclement? No home games, marginal facilities, poor history etc. Who ever takes over will have a real challenge.

I wish Coach Agaaboa the best. I've meet her a couple of times and she appears to be an extremely nice person. Coach, thanks for being a Jackrabbit.

Maybe we will get Bouman back? I think he is currently at Indiana State as their head coach? Maybe the differences between him and the department can be resolved? Whatever they were?

GBGBGJ

Comment

That has nothing to do with her leaving except for the California part. Family reasons

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            That has nothing to do with her leaving except for the California part. Family reasons
            Oh really??? I think she saw the writing on the wall, and choose to leave. Wins and Losses are important no matter what the circumstances that are beyond their control. I think SDSU until it puts more funds into the program will continue to set people up for failure. I know she should have been patient until we get the indoor up and running, but life is short and opportunties few. Why risk your coaching career at a place that under funds its program. See Chains post. I dont think we will see Bouman back. Just my opionion.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 09-07-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Oh really??? I think she saw the writing on the wall, and choose to leave. Wins and Losses are important no matter what the circumstances that are beyond their control. I think SDSU until it puts more funds into the program will continue to set people up for failure. I know she should have been patient until we get the indoor up and running, but life is short and opportunties few. Why risk your coaching career at a place that under funds its program. See Chains post. I dont think we will see Bouman back. Just my opionion.
              Agree! Wins and loses played a huge part in Coach Aggaboa's choice to leave SDSU. Family concerns? Possibly. I had heard for some time (weeks) that she was looking to return to California. I think she wanted out and took the first opportunity to do so. I beleive she really did not know what a difficult situation she was getting into at SDSU when she took the job. Always a negative mark on a program when you loose a coach to take a lesser job. We move on. Someone else will get an opportunity.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                Agree! Wins and loses played a huge part in Coach Aggaboa's choice to leave SDSU. Family concerns? Possibly. I had heard for some time (weeks) that she was looking to return to California. I think she wanted out and took the first opportunity to do so. I beleive she really did not know what a difficult situation she was getting into at SDSU when she took the job. Always a negative mark on a program when you loose a coach to take a lesser job. We move on. Someone else will get an opportunity.

GBGBGJ
                AD Sells seems to get most of the problems he inherited from going D1, underfunded programs such as softball and wrestling, and I trust he will start working on more funding for softball. When UND gives scholies for cheerleading, we need to step up with softball so that we can once again be competitive.

Comment

Baseball is extremely underfunded also and not doing too bad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                    Baseball is extremely underfunded also and not doing too bad!!!
                    It's gotten much better for baseball, thanks to those who have started endowment scholarships and given gifts etc, softball, I tend to believe, does not have that many friends to help out. Being the male chavoinst I am, my scholarship money has gone to football, but I enjoy softball and baseball. I should help out. We all should help out.

Comment

How many scholarships does the softball program have to build a team with?Are they all full?
                      I can see someone who wants to make coaching a career wouldn,t want to accumulate too many losing seasons on their resume,their fault or not....Thanks to coach Aggabao for her time here and best wishes.

Comment

AD Sells seems to get most of the problems he inherited from going D1, underfunded programs such as softball and wrestling, and I trust he will start working on more funding for softball. When UND gives scholies for cheerleading, we need to step up with softball so that we can once again be competitive.
                        Do the cheerleading scholarships come from UND or do the cheer teams do some fundraising to pay for scholarships? I was not aware that "anyone" gives scholarship money to support groups like cheer, band, dance etc. They all work very hard but scholarships?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Do the cheerleading scholarships come from UND or do the cheer teams do some fundraising to pay for scholarships? I was not aware that "anyone" gives scholarship money to support groups like cheer, band, dance etc. They all work very hard but scholarships?

GBGBGJ
                          If I'm not mistaken, Nebraska gives cheerleading scholarships. Didn't Calista Kirby, Brookings native and Miss South Dakota 2012, have a football cheerleading scholarship?
                          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

GBGBGJ
                            I know there are music scholarships, dance scholarships and the like. But those are given out by those departments, and not by the athletic department. I know the athletic department at one time paid for the Pep Band at basketball games, which allowed the members to get paid.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              I know there are music scholarships, dance scholarships and the like. But those are given out by those departments, and not by the athletic department. I know the athletic department at one time paid for the Pep Band at basketball games, which allowed the members to get paid.
                              Last I heard they still pay the pep band. Maybe they should request different songs.

Comment

Working...
                              X