Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    What's the guess? How much of the playbook was NOT shown against Butler. BTW, who is better, Butler or Valpo? Anyone got a read on that?
    Here's the way the League voted.

http://www.pioneer-football.org/news...l-league-race/

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      They need to take the flash package with Zenner lined up in the backfield out of the playbook. I hate that formation unless they put somebody in that package that can throw and run. Would rather see Cam Jones on a sweep similar to what the Vikings did with Coradelle Patterson in the preseason. Much more effective ways to get Cam Jones the without using the ridiculous Wildcat
      I should have specified. Run the flash with jones I agree with zenner not running the flsh him self. like the triple option wing wirth gandy on one side and zz on the other. Could do it out of a huddle with sumner in just line him at WR. The D would have to scramble then. Like a couple times agame call 2 plays in a row like a regular play then a hurry up line up with jones in the above mentioned and really catch the D off guard. Some times I would love to see the whole playbook see what we even have for total formations andoptions out of them.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I should have specified. Run the flash with jones I agree with zenner not running the flsh him self. like the triple option wing wirth gandy on one side and zz on the other. Could do it out of a huddle with sumner in just line him at WR. The D would have to scramble then. Like a couple times agame call 2 plays in a row like a regular play then a hurry up line up with jones in the above mentioned and really catch the D off guard. Some times I would love to see the whole playbook see what we even have for total formations andoptions out of them.
        I, for one, just cannot get on board with the flash package. I understand the team wanting to mix things up, but I just think having Sumner taking every snap is a better winning strategy. For some reason it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the playbook and team mantra. While I'm nitpicking way off the subject of ND, why do we always run inside? Wouldn't a guy like Gandy be more effective occasionally running a sweep with out fat guys pulling?

So, who are the play makers for UND? Didnt they get a recruit that SDSU was after that had the famous sister? I would Google it, but I'm feeling too lazy to even do that after a long weekend.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

i still don't like the wildcat or flash at all. The Jacks need to utilize Jones playmaking ability and put him out wide more which would be more effective than say the flash package. Heck, putting him out wide and useing him on a sweep would be more effective than the flash package
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            So, who are the play makers for UND? Didnt they get a recruit that SDSU was after that had the famous sister? I would Google it, but I'm feeling too lazy to even do that after a long weekend.
            Sparks, RB (sister was on American Idol, dad was former NY Giants). He is 3rd/4th on depth chart. Played at the end of Valpo game.

They have a big play WR, Greg Hardin.

Comment

What's the guess? How much of the playbook was NOT shown against Butler. BTW, who is better, Butler or Valpo? Anyone got a read on that?
              I watched UND v. Valpo on TV and was at CAS Saturday for the Butler game. I think Butler is significantly better than Valpo. Butler appeared larger and more athletic. Butler's QB isn't that bad (transfer from Illinois State) but he wasn't allowed to show much on Saturday. Butler is going to challenge for the Pioneer conference title while Valpo is going to struggle to make the upper half of the league.

I think we held back anything that has been inserted in the playbook for this season and wasn't in the playbook last year...at times, the game was a very vigorous practice in which Sumner was able to work on his timing, audibles etc. The SDSU offensive line had little trouble protecting Sumner and I think the game speed was 90% of what we'll see in the MVFC. We'll see a much better test in Grand Forks. UND has bigger, faster athletes. I think UND was running out of a water-downed playbook against Valpo.

Comment

I'm all for scrapping the flash package. I don't see much upside to it and I think it has run its course. Wasn't that the formation that was used when we were stopped on 4th down at the goal line in Nebraska? Everyone in the stadium knew Minnett was going to run it out of that formation.

I hope we use Cam Jones like a Tony Gonzalez. I expect him to get many, many touches this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  I'm all for scrapping the flash package. I don't see much upside to it and I think it has run its course. Wasn't that the formation that was used when we were stopped on 4th down at the goal line in Nebraska? Everyone in the stadium knew Minnett was going to run it out of that formation.

I hope we use Cam Jones like a Tony Gonzalez. I expect him to get many, many touches this season.
                  I agree with that in general, but Cam Jones allows you to run a true triple threat out of it. He can throw decently, he is a horse who can run, and with Zenner in the back field you have to look at that.

Comment

I'm not sure how much of the playbook was on display last Saturday night.

But it looked like we ran about 3 running plays. And all of them were right up the gut. There was a dive, and draw, and one with a pulling guard. That was about it.

Of course, some would argue that's all we run during the season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Stig says the Flash is too "gimmacky".........clarification,not a quote,jus a joke

Comment

Bulter is way better than Valpo, no comparison based on what I saw of the UND game and based on the roster, stats, and predictions for the season. Jacks kept is conservative on Saturday and I expect that same this week. Run the ball on 1st and 2nd down most of the time. Play action a little bit to keep the LB's honest. Let Sumner make big plays on 3rd down especially in a near the "red zone" where he looked like a stud last week.

Jacks need to win this handily and I think they will. Jacks by 20 plus.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Bulter is way better than Valpo, no comparison based on what I saw of the UND game and based on the roster, stats, and predictions for the season. Jacks kept is conservative on Saturday and I expect that same this week. Run the ball on 1st and 2nd down most of the time. Play action a little bit to keep the LB's honest. Let Sumner make big plays on 3rd down especially in a near the "red zone" where he looked like a stud last week.

Jacks need to win this handily and I think they will. Jacks by 20 plus.
                          Execution,if we can execute the plays we use to perfection,mix pass and run,keep them guessing,limit penalties,all these will go a long way to securing a win.We want to be highly fine tuned going into Lincoln....no hic-ups along the way....if we can do that ,the Nebraska game should really be entertaining,but,gotta go 1-0 every game this season.

Comment

fine i will the the first to say it. cliche or not. this is the biggest game of the season. We lose and it hurts, would be the worst loss aside from butler we could have this year. Cant lose these games. you can split with top teams but can not lose too the butlers and UXDs on the schedule.
                            Last edited by goon; 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

fine i will the the first to say it. cliche or not. this is the biggest game of the season. We lose and it hurts, would be the worst loss aside from butler we could have this year. Cant lose these games. you can split with top teams but can not lose too the butlers and USDs on the schedule.
                              You are exactly right and our fan base needs to adopt the same attitude and expectations. This is a game that the top teams in the top conference in the nation have to and should win. SDSU is a top program in the top conference and the fan base needs to raise their expectations and step up their support. Less than 10,000 fans for the home opener is not acceptable, not to me.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                You are exactly right and our fan base needs to adopt the same attitude and expectations. This is a game that the top teams in the top conference in the nation have to and should win. SDSU is a top program in the top conference and the fan base needs to raise their expectations and step up their support. Less than 10,000 fans for the home opener is not acceptable, not to me.
                                I agree. If we want to be considered a top 10 team nationally, this is a game that shouldn't be close. Same with SELA next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X