North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota

Yes to artificial turf. No to any thought of building a dome. SDSU is unique among regional FCS teams in not having a dome. Most domes seem to become outdated within a few years of opening and then become known more for their plainness and shortcomings rather than their limited benefits. ... To steer this comment back on topic, what is UND's on-the-field strength? I watched a little bit of their Valpo game, and they seemed to have good speed. But maybe Valpo was slow.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Yes to artificial turf. No to any thought of building a dome. SDSU is unique among regional FCS teams in not having a dome. Most domes seem to become outdated within a few years of opening and then become known more for their plainness and shortcomings rather than their limited benefits. ... To steer this comment back on topic, what is UND's on-the-field strength? I watched a little bit of their Valpo game, and they seemed to have good speed. But maybe Valpo was slow.
      Young QBs, a great WR, and a bad defense. If SDSU controls the LOS and prevent the big play, they should win easily in my opinion. Especially if SDSU gets the momentum right away because I don't expect a loud raucous crowd like State will see at the Fargo Dome or the Dakota Dome.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Goon and I have previously agreed on the "creating an SDSU culture" thing and I'll agree again here on all counts as well.
        Speaking of a culture thing, last year the NDSU men's basketball game had Coach Bohl and many of the football players in attendance during a break in the school schedule.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Any word on a watch party in SF? I haven't seen anything, but I do recall seeing emails for watch parties for other events. Maybe I'm imagining it. This game is on Midco right? I don't have it so I'm going to need to plan something.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I think having 4H families and at the fair may have hurt attendance as well. I've also heard many fans talk about how they aren't going to pay that kind of money for their family to attend a game and have to sit on aluminum bleachers across from all the concessions and, more importantly, bathrooms.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So we are going to North Dakota this weekend and I'm looking for State to play very hard and precise. Making the trip and it is going to be hardcore !!

(first time in North Dakota)

Comment

Hope to see some of you Jackrabbit Alumni and Fans up in Grand Forks everyone is always welcome at Alumni Association events.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

I plan on being there with the Alumni group to tailgate. Sure would be nice to see a good turnout. As of right now, the registration is pretty slim. The weather forecast looks good, and it promises to be a great time! Looking forward to my first visit to Grand Forks and first away game outing with the AA (Alumni Association). GO JACKS!
                  "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
                    I plan on being there with the Alumni group to tailgate. Sure would be nice to see a good turnout. As of right now, the registration is pretty slim. The weather forecast looks good, and it promises to be a great time! Looking forward to my first visit to Grand Forks and first away game outing with the AA (Alumni Association). GO JACKS!
                    Speaking of ND this state just plain stinks. *posted from Bismark After leaving Watertown @4:30Pm for work.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Speaking of ND this state just plain stinks. *posted from Bismark After leaving Watertown @4:30Pm for work.
                      The water treament in Volga does not smell exactly like perfume, neither nor does the Cimple packing plant in Yankton. I kind go back in forth, so both states are basically the same be it odors or what have you. I am not posting as a suggestion for a UND win, but just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        The water treament in Volga does not smell exactly like perfume, neither nor does the Cimple packing plant in Yankton. I kind go back in forth, so both states are basically the same be it odors or what have you. I am not posting as a suggestion for a UND win, but just saying...
                        At least we can all agree that the Dakotas are better then Iowa in the list of states that stink........

Anyway I would be very disapointed if we dont come fired up for this game. we need to stay focused and not think to far a head, I expect to see us go 1-0 this week. thats all i care about right now........that is in regards to SDSU football not life in general.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Speaking of stink, how 'bout that skunk late in the game saturday night, huh? Not sure how far into the stands it drifted, but from my seats in L, it STUNK.

If we don't beat UND I will be very very disappointed.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Speaking of stink, how 'bout that skunk late in the game saturday night, huh? Not sure how far into the stands it drifted, but from my seats in L, it STUNK.

Smelled it in Section F. It sort of smelled like Starbucks coffee, for a while then the aroma, turned definitely skunk. Lets hope that it did not get to our guy's lungs. They will need everything come Saturday.

Comment

No doubt UND's offense is very good. I expect we will be able to slow them enough to get the W. Our offense should be in a very good position to put up a ton of points. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is higher-scoring than many wins we've seen in the past.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ah man in section K that was wicked awful. I had to sniff my pitts to make sure it wasnt me........

Hopefully the team can get a good win again and get more guys more expereince early in the season.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X