Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Butler GDT

Originally posted by goon View Post
    You in section K too? Crowd was disapointing in size and volume. It was part a quick start and a lesser opponent.

My take. Zenner was wheelin thought he was gonna take it to the house on his first hand off.

Sumner missed some throws against good teams you can't miss. But he had some great passes and WRs did not look like a weekness today.

Defense was good obviously. It was a good challenge since their QB was good at running it. For the most part never got burnt on it. Butler had some missed plays in coverage and tackles but his int was great awareness.

Penalties were flat out not good. Dumb mistakes won't beat nebraska or ndsu or uni with those mistakes.

Overall good game some miscues need to be cleaned up but a great start to the season. No major issues to worry about on offense or defense after this game just clean up mistakes and dumb penalties.
    I wholeheartedly agree on all points.... I am loving how the O Line played today, and while the penalties annoyed me, (one in particular especially) I was pleased with the overall performance. A few tweaks and we are cooking with gas!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I understand why some of you wanted another home game, but this is what you get with:

1. Inferior opponent. Almost embarrassing.
      2. Forecast of extremely hot weather (though it really wasn't that bad).
      3. Labor Day weekend.
      4. Storm forecast. Game was fine, drive home sucked.

I will take the win as it counts towards the playoffs, but I don't think it is fair to advocate for another home game and then rail on the fans for not showing up considering the circumstances.
      My post was intended as explanation and was not intended to be perceived a railing on those fans not in attendance, including myself. My apologies if any fan not in attendance took my post as painting them in a negative light.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Back in D2 days 5000, would have been considered a good crowd given the same set of circumstances. We fell short of 10k but we came close. You kind of wonder where Christi, ticket manager or was it AD Sells came up with the projected 11 to 12 thousand number. I sure she/he were being positive and giving that figure earlier in the week might have encouraged walk up ticket sales from people who might have stayed home, who knows.

I got to the game about 45 minutes early and at that time, thought we might fall short, but as the tailgating shut down, more butts were in the stands.

Comment

Did anyone catch stigs comments after the game. If so could you recap them. Afew more thoughs.
          Schneider looked good at WR. Like he might be our stand out WR this year.
          Did schoff play much? He was listed at starter but I swear every time I tried to watch how he did kage was in.
          Elmore seemed ro fill in at lineback just fine. Heard his name a lot.
          Really happy with the outcome and seeing backups get meaningful reps. Meyers did well as back up QB. Throws a nice ball. 1-0. Next week I hope we go 1-0 again.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Did anyone catch stigs comments after the game. If so could you recap them. Afew more thoughs.
            Schneider looked good at WR. Like he might be our stand out WR this year.
            Did schoff play much? He was listed at starter but I swear every time I tried to watch how he did kage was in.
            Elmore seemed ro fill in at lineback just fine. Heard his name a lot.
            Really happy with the outcome and seeing backups get meaningful reps. Meyers did well as back up QB. Throws a nice ball. 1-0. Next week I hope we go 1-0 again.
            I'll do better than recap Stigs comments,here's the link to Stigs post game comments.

Link:
            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...-stomps-Butler

Comment

All-in-all it was a pretty good game for us, it had it's ugly moments though. I loved the WR rotation, and the emergence of a go to receiver in Schneider....Cam was in beast mode like we all thought he would be. Sumner had 1 what the hell throw when Schneider was standing wide open and the ball sailed into the stands. Overall it is hard to judge everything because of all the rotation we did and how early and often we did it. I like the way are defense played, like already stated, Elmore was everywhere. It's nice to have 3 solid corners to rotate in and out without dropping off. Peete's interception was sick!!! Also, congrats to Je Ryan and Andrews on their first career touchdowns!

Special teams were pretty good. I have a feeling we are going to house a kick and punt return this season, though Wesley is going to need to learn quickly he can't reverse field like that against better teams. Kicking game was good, but why in the hell didn't we either kick a fg or go for it when we were in 4th and 7 at the 31....that pissed me off.

Tief had 2 stupid penalties that cost us 30 yards, the crack back is what it is but their is no excuse for the pick he did, it was way to obvious. Witzman's hold did bother me because we were already up big and I would rather have a holding penalty there than have Sumner get his world rocked. Kilgore got screwed on that late hit. The refs gave the bulldogs a sympathy PI against us towards the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                Ten penalties for 103 yds is not a good stat.
                THIS!!!!! Stupid penalties. Keep that up and we will lose to the good teams in the conference.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Did schoff play much? He was listed at starter but I swear every time I tried to watch how he did kage wa.
                  I kept an eye on Schoff and thought he handled himself well. He appeared to get a lot of snaps from what I could see.

I thought that the GoJacks.com video feed was noticeably better than last year. We had the game playing on a large computer monitor at my parents' home during a family get together and it looked nice and clear. My only complaint was the lack of a down-and-distance graphic.

Comment

Also one more thing....Poor Dom, he runs a good route, and gets good separation in what looks like an easy touchdown until the grass monster jumps up and grabs his toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      My post was intended as explanation and was not intended to be perceived a railing on those fans not in attendance, including myself. My apologies if any fan not in attendance took my post as painting them in a negative light.
                      That's my fault. I was only using your post to continue the narrative of the crowd size, not implying that you were the one complaining. My apologies Prairie!

Comment

just win next week, anyone want to drop a SDSU hat in Fargo on their way to crapville so I can wear it and my bison gear on Saturday

if Zenner is going to have the biggest game of his career I hope it's next week
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          I kept an eye on Schoff and thought he handled himself well. He appeared to get a lot of snaps from what I could see.

I thought that the GoJacks.com video feed was noticeably better than last year. We had the game playing on a large computer monitor at my parents' home during a family get together and it looked nice and clear. My only complaint was the lack of a down-and-distance graphic.
                          Picture was better. Score bug looked a lot better. Camera work and directing was atrocious. My understanding is that they are going to split the scoreboard feed (with its endless crowd shots right up until snap and sideline camera views of plays... which drives me nuts) and the stream feed. They'll both be using the same raw camera feeds, but the stream will stay with the high center camera and field action more rather than constantly showing the crowd right up until (or after) the snap. I know the Yeager Media Center and athletics bought a Tricaster video switcher to make that happen. I'm guessing it wasn't ready to go yet last night or they haven't trained students to operate it yet. This is the first time I have relied on the feed, and I wasn't all that thrilled with it, other than an improvement in image quality.

I know athletics has made it a priority to upgrade the streamed production, and I'm sure they'll get there before too long.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            That's my fault. I was only using your post to continue the narrative of the crowd size, not implying that you were the one complaining. My apologies Prairie!
                            My guess is that the increasingly unpleasant forecasts for Saturday night as the week went on, seriously cut into the walk-up crowd. As it turned out, the entire game was played in warm but totally dry conditions. A few spits of rain as we departed the stadium, but none of the 50-70% (possibly severe) thunderstorms forecast for gametime actually occurred. Thanks for nothing, NWS and all the other weather forecasting outfits . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

DH in baseball and weather forecaster, the only careers where 30% success is considered good.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Congrats on your win Jacks and Jack fans! Hopefully, no injuries? Please, please, PLEASE duplicate that score/win this Saturday at GF!!

Comment

Working...
                                X