Butler GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Butler GDT

Beautiful start with two great Zenner runs for total of 75 yd TD in less than a min.

Nice 40 yd toss to Schneider to start the 2nd series after a 3 & out by BU.

But through penalties and incomplete passes, no score.

Jacks up 7-0.

Comment

Butler has a good dunk and dink wide spead offense.

1st and goal for Butler at the 6:45 mark.

Butler ties it up on a QB draw behind good blocking by the BU line.

Comment

Jacks are running and passing pretty well vs the non-schollie Butler D. Also getting through the O-line of Butler.

Jacks are up 2 TD at the 1/2 way point of 2nd Qtr. 21-7

Comment

Cam Jones is a BEAST!!! I also like how the O- Line gives the QB all day to throw

I keep hearing Butler and its confusing me

Comment

Really sloppy. Hope we clean it up before next weekend.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ten penalties for 103 yds is not a good stat.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                Ten penalties for 103 yds is not a good stat.
                No kidding.

Also, crowd was embarrassing coming off what we did last year. Unbelievable.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Nice to see the depth chart was exercised in this game. That can only help later in the season if the injury bug hits.

And truly is really good to see an SDSU team come out strong in first game.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    No kidding.

Also, crowd was embarrassing coming off what we did last year. Unbelievable.

Attendance?

Edit: Looked it up. 9,729. That's not very good. Labor Day weekend I guess.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Good and bad, like you often get in these early guarantee games. Loved the way Zenner started off! Hated the penalties. Could have gone much worse though. The next two weeks will offer much tougher challenges and then things really get difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Attendance?

Edit: Looked it up. 9,729. That's not very good. Labor Day weekend I guess.
                        Looking around I was hoping we hit the 10k mark but I knew it was gonna be close.

As feared, my section is full of duds. I'm hoping this is due to inferior opponent....better be stepping it up come conference time.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Labor Day weekend, and both SDSU and USD had home games. May have pulled the same or larger crowd with a Thursday game, before people left town for the holiday weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            Labor Day weekend, and both SDSU and USD had home games. May have pulled the same or larger crowd with a Thursday game, before people left town for the holiday weekend.
                            I understand why some of you wanted another home game, but this is what you get with:

1. Inferior opponent. Almost embarrassing.
                            2. Forecast of extremely hot weather (though it really wasn't that bad).
                            3. Labor Day weekend.
                            4. Storm forecast. Game was fine, drive home sucked.

I will take the win as it counts towards the playoffs, but I don't think it is fair to advocate for another home game and then rail on the fans for not showing up considering the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Looking around I was hoping we hit the 10k mark but I knew it was gonna be close.

As feared, my section is full of duds. I'm hoping this is due to inferior opponent....better be stepping it up come conference time.
                              You in section K too? Crowd was disapointing in size and volume. It was part a quick start and a lesser opponent.

My take. Zenner was wheelin thought he was gonna take it to the house on his first hand off.

Sumner missed some throws against good teams you can't miss. But he had some great passes and WRs did not look like a weekness today.

Defense was good obviously. It was a good challenge since their QB was good at running it. For the most part never got burnt on it. Butler had some missed plays in coverage and tackles but his int was great awareness.

Penalties were flat out not good. Dumb mistakes won't beat nebraska or ndsu or uni with those mistakes.

Overall good game some miscues need to be cleaned up but a great start to the season. No major issues to worry about on offense or defense after this game just clean up mistakes and dumb penalties.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My concerns with the receiving corps were put to rest tonight. We have some serious depth and speed there.

What happened to Paris? Is he hurt? I thought he was pushing to be the #2, but did he even see the field tonight? Even Rodriguez had some carries.

Comment

Working...
                                X