Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami Ohio's new football uniforms

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Phil Knight = Nike. Founder, Chairman, etc.
    Haha ya I know. I'm just saying Phil Knight because he himself has donated over 200 million in last 20 years.

Btw, have you seen the $68millon Human Performance Facility he built for the Oregon football team. Wow. Oregon is pretty much the University of Phil Knight.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...hind-scenes/1/
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Now these are quality uniforms http://www.uhnd.com/articles/footbal...nveiled-14949/

They are very clean unlike the Miami, Ohio uniforms. I think my biggest uniform is the shoulder stripe. It just looks clunky

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Now these are quality uniforms http://www.uhnd.com/articles/footbal...nveiled-14949/

They are very clean unlike the Miami, Ohio uniforms. I think my biggest uniform is the shoulder stripe. It just looks clunky
        Such a homer, mango
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Miami ohios gloves are cool. The uniforms are not bad. I love classic traditional unis but these weren't bad. Their old ones looked like wisconsons just a M instead of a W on the helmet. However those helmets are butt ugly. No other way to slice it.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Newest trend "reflective" helmets.Guess just shiney isn't good enough anymore.

Comment

I guaranty those kids like those helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Haha ya I know. I'm just saying Phil Knight because he himself has donated over 200 million in last 20 years.

Btw, have you seen the $68millon Human Performance Facility he built for the Oregon football team. Wow. Oregon is pretty much the University of Phil Knight.
                http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...hind-scenes/1/
                As I'm looking through the Oregon facility, I can't help but wonder who is paying for the haircuts? Or are those available for all students at the university?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ind-scenes/25/

I mean a WCC school got an NCAA violation for letting a golfer wash their car on campus with a school hose...

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may...g-car-20130530

The NCAA is such a joke.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  As I'm looking through the Oregon facility, I can't help but wonder who is paying for the haircuts? Or are those available for all students at the university?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ind-scenes/25/

I mean a WCC school got an NCAA violation for letting a golfer wash their car on campus with a school hose...

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may...g-car-20130530

The NCAA is such a joke.
                  According to this Yahoo slideshow (scroll through pictures to the barber shop). Players get haircuts for student rates.
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/tour-...ity-slideshow/

Comment

It's the culture of the times,do everything to excess,self gratification.This uniform thing is nothing but a side show.What's next,neon lights......c'mon....lets just play some football and forget about guys walking down the runway displaying their new wears (or is it wares?)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      It's the culture of the times,do everything to excess,self gratification.This uniform thing is nothing but a side show.What's next,neon lights......c'mon....lets just play some football and forget about guys walking down the runway displaying their new wears (or is it wares?)
                      Unnecessary and distracting. Keep it simple, make the equipment of high quality and proven safety. I don't care one bit for the flash but I also don't care if schools choose to add it.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sorry Jackdaniel and Jackmd, but you are not the target audience. I'm not saying that you are wrong, but today's recruits/players truly believe in the look good/feel good mentality. I remember talking to Jordan Paula during class a few years ago and I remember he shared that he was worried that the Dykhouse was going to change the mentality of the incoming players. He said that the trailer houses and low quality facilities kind of gave the players a "chip" on their shoulders that they carried over to the field and created a "us against the world" mentality that would be hard to replicate in top notch facilities. Again, I don't think Stig or the athletic administration would ever go back to the way things were, but in the new world of recruiting you have to be willing to adjust to attract additional talent.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It's not just today's recruits. Look at what the Fab 5 did to fashion or what MJ did to shorts in the NBA in the 80s. This isn't some new phenomenon. Schools are finally just realizing a way to capitalize on it.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It's not just today's recruits. Look at what the Fab 5 did to fashion or what MJ did to shorts in the NBA in the 80s. This isn't some new phenomenon. Schools are finally just realizing a way to capitalize on it.
                            Great point!
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Its sort of the tale of the story of the do you play for the name on the front of the jersey or the back. Obviously not an accurate comparison, but the disconnect of what once was and was is, is only going to grow. JackMD and others might not be the target audience of what schools decide as far as new uniforms etc, but schools would be wise to not completely overlook the alumni base. it dosent take much sometimes for schools to alienate an alumni with deep pockets who withdrawn their money or cancle gifts to the school because they dont like some of the decisions they make. not going to say if thats right or wrong, but apeasing students current and former is something more schools are going to have to balance. So i understand that some students/players loves shiny stuff, just like raccoons and wives, but alumni like certain things too. Frankly I think SDSU does a great job at that. finding that common ground, a new stadium that will benefit the players but enhance the fan expereince and comfort too. Having a variety of alumni events and input into decisions that happen etc. sorry for going off topic some.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Such a homer, mango
                                Maybe

But if Miami came out with a uniform that looked like Notre Dame's alternate this year I would like it. This is going to make me even more of a homer but the uniform that Notre Dame wore against Miami last year was incredible.

I also enjoy all of Oregon's because they are clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X