Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    One of those guys they brought in, Jake Thomas, use to be a Yote before transferring back home.
    As much as I would like for Jake to make it, I will have little faith in the NBA if he does make it. Jakes a nice young man, very similar to Nate, but he isn't remotely close to that talent level.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Wonder if he would have put up Braun/Dykstra like numbers and helped his draft stock if he did stay at USD. Averaging 7.9ppg and 2.8rpg isn't anything great for a high major program especially in the Big East.
      Jake Thomas is a local kid and it makes for good PR for the Bucks to say they gave him a shot. It's not uncommon to see things like this. Heck, the Skyforce even kept Josh Mueller on the roster for a little bit to drum up local support back in the day.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Jake Thomas is a local kid and it makes for good PR for the Bucks to say they gave him a shot. It's not uncommon to see things like this. Heck, the Skyforce even kept Josh Mueller on the roster for a little bit to drum up local support back in the day.
        Josh was better than Jake. Just saying.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          Maybe so, but neither are/were NBA or D-League material.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Josh Mueller one of my USD favorites. Not sure of what, but he is one who is hard to forget. Too bad he did not make an impact in the D-league. Known for having his ear bitten off by Richardson, SDSU.

Comment

Not surprising but both Nate and the Greek Freak are expected to play in the NBA Summer League again this off-season.

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2014/05...summer-league/

Comment

Watching this years NBA Combine i can't help but remember Nate embarrassing Myck Kabongo from Texas.

(14s-20s)

I also have yet to see Taylor Braun.

Comment

The Bucks should get a very good player to add to Nate and teammates as they will be getting the #2 pick in the draft. Wiggins just might be there - he would look good teamed up with Nate in the backcourt.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    The Bucks should get a very good player to add to Nate and teammates as they will be getting the #2 pick in the draft. Wiggins just might be there - he would look good teamed up with Nate in the backcourt.
                    Wiggins will be going to the Cavs at #1. No way they pass up another player that can possibly be the next LeBron or Kobe. I just hope the Bucks don't go point guard and draft Exum, Smart, or Ennis with the 2nd pick. I think Embiid, Randle, or Parker would do the Bucks wonders and possibly put them in a race for 7th or 8th in the east next year. I wouldn't mind seeing them draft another PG late in 2nd round or sign another veteran PG. Right now the Bucks have Knight and Nate under contract at the point guard position. Sessions, Udoh, and Adrain are the only players whose contracts are up for the Bucks.

Comment

Wiggins will be going to the Cavs at #1. No way they pass up another player that can possibly be the next LeBron or Kobe. I just hope the Bucks don't go point guard and draft Exum, Smart, or Ennis with the 2nd pick. I think Embiid, Randle, or Parker would do the Bucks wonders and possibly put them in a race for 7th or 8th in the east next year. I wouldn't mind seeing them draft another PG late in 2nd round or sign another veteran PG. Right now the Bucks have Knight and Nate under contract at the point guard position. Sessions, Udoh, and Adrain are the only players whose contracts are up for the Bucks.
                      I think the bucks would be best off getting embid or randle to get that size but tough to pass up parkers all around game.

Wonder if cavs get wiggins and sign irving long term if lebron would come back to cleveland?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Wonder if cavs get wiggins and sign irving long term if lebron would come back to cleveland?
                        LOL!
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Wiggins will be going to the Cavs at #1. No way they pass up another player that can possibly be the next LeBron or Kobe.
                          There is no sure thing with the Cavs. You do remember how they used the #1 pick last year ?

Comment

There is no sure thing with the Cavs. You do remember how they used the #1 pick last year ?
                            That is true. Anthony Bennett was a dumpster fire most of the year.

For Wiggins' sake, I hope the Cavs pull a dumb move like that again and the basketball gods keep both KU guys out of Cleveland. Plus, that would leave both available for the Bucks at 2. Decisions, decisions. That big contract Larry Sanders swindled out of Herb Kohl is an albatross considering what Embiid could be.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

There pick last year was a bit surprising but their also wasn't a player with the potential like Wiggins has in last years draft. No one had a clue who was going #1 overall last year. This years draft could be the best draft class since 2003. Also no one knows if the taking Bennett #1 last year is a bad pick or a bust yet. He is young and was dealing with injury's from the beginning of training camp. I just don't see how a team can pass up Wiggins. You do remember who the Cavs drafted back in 2011 and 2003 with the #1 pick? I think their names are Kyrie Irving and LeBron James. They have had alright careers so far.

Comment

There pick last year was a bit surprising but their also wasn't a player with the potential like Wiggins has in last years draft. No one had a clue who was going #1 overall last year. This years draft could be the best draft class since 2003. Also no one knows if the taking Bennett #1 last year is a bad pick or a bust yet. He is young and was dealing with injury's from the beginning of training camp. I just don't see how a team can pass up Wiggins. You do remember who the Cavs drafted back in 2011 and 2003 with the #1 pick? I think their names are Kyrie Irving and LeBron James. They have had alright careers so far.
                                Yeah, Lets face it they have drafted rather well, but when you get the number one seed most years its things are in your favor. I would think it would help gettin Wiggins would entice Irving to stay. Lets face it there are probably only a few places that could afford or be attractive to Lebron, New York, but they have a lot of cap space issues, thats my first guess, but depends on what Anthony does, Lakers could probably make a move for him, but Cleveland could very well be set to draw him back home. It was a little rocky as he left but I would bet he would consider it and Cleveland would be dumb to not try to bring him back. I know some will laugh at that idea, but it makes a good story line, and it would make sense for both sides, So he could have one of the best PGs in the league and a potential superstar on in Wiggins to work with, thats pretty attractive package, unless the Knicks can figure out a way to keep Anthony and clear space and money for Lebron, thats probably tough to pass up.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X