Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

The Bucks - Nuggets summer league game tonight is on Dish Network channel 156 (NBATV) at 9:00 pm.

Comment

Through 3 quarters, Nate has 4pts on 2-6 shooting, 2 assists, and 2 steals. Had some good looks they just didnt fall
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Just looked for the final stats. 21 minutes, 4 pts on 2-8 shooting, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover.

Not quite the splash all had hoped for, but he got his feet wet and posted a "wide" stat line just like we'd expect. On to the next game. Go Nate.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

This was a good start for Nate. Anyone who thought he would ring up 30 pts in this game is expecting too much. Two steals is impressive as is 3 assists. He can play NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
            Just looked for the final stats. 21 minutes, 4 pts on 2-8 shooting, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover.Not quite the splash all had hoped for, but he got his feet wet and posted a "wide" stat line just like we'd expect. On to the next game. Go Nate.
            Had many good looks that didnt fall. Open midrange jumper that rimmed as did a layup with wrong hand. Only had one forced shot in the game. He will be fine. Also think he should have at least 1 maybe 2 assists off pick & roll

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              Had many good looks that didnt fall. Open midrange jumper that rimmed as did a layup with wrong hand. Only had one forced shot in the game. He will be fine. Also think he should have at least 1 maybe 2 assists off pick & roll
              Hopefully he will feel a little more comfortable tonight. Not much NBA talent on these summer league rosters so I am sure the Bucks brass are looking for some stats to justify their trade. I felt some of the Bucks fans I read on the forums were encouraged over his decision making, they are used to a chuck it first point guard and Nate was looking to distribute. That is a change of pace in a league where everyone is trying to pad their stats to show they belong. Here's hoping for a little bit better showing tonight.

Comment

Lots of chuck-it-first guys on those summer league rosters. Dominique Jones, for example. Sure, he scored 18, but he also turned it over 6 times. Several of those turnovers came on dishes from the PG where Nate then stood wide open on the outside while Jones forced a shot. Nate seemed like himself, but his teammates weren't exactly unselfish.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just watched the game on dvr. Nate had more than 3 assists. I counted 6 or 7.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    I just watched the game on dvr. Nate had more than 3 assists. I counted 6 or 7.
                    Ya, Nate had 2 more assists for sure. I think one of his biggest adjustments will be learning not to be the guy. He was the do it all for the better part of 3 years.

Comment

Got done watching the 2nd summer game. Those guys move very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                        Got done watching the 2nd summer game. Those guys move very fast.
                        No doubt a different level of competition. If anyone recognizes this, it is Nate. I am confident he will adjust if not he is a very qualified history teacher thanks to SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Lots of chuck-it-first guys on those summer league rosters. Dominique Jones, for example. Sure, he scored 18, but he also turned it over 6 times. Several of those turnovers came on dishes from the PG where Nate then stood wide open on the outside while Jones forced a shot. Nate seemed like himself, but his teammates weren't exactly unselfish.
                          I guarantee that stats are not looked at that much in the summer league. They are looking beyond those numbers looking for signs that these young men can play in the league. Hopefully in the evaluation process that means that the Bucks are noticing that Nate is running the floor efficiently, looking to distribute the ball and make other players better by giving them high percentage scoring chances. For now I faith that the Bucks are looking past the sheer numbers.
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

It has been said that GMs don't put much stock if you do great in Summer League as much as if they struggle. Adam Morrison lit up Summer League. Teams look way past the box scores when evaluating players in Summer League

Comment

What worries me the most is that he's looked really poor on the defensive end of the ball. Some could be scheme and teammates, but it hasn't been pretty thus far.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                What worries me the most is that he's looked really poor on the defensive end of the ball. Some could be scheme and teammates, but it hasn't been pretty thus far.
                                He did well against trey burke but doing that night after night will be his biggest learning curve at the this level.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X