Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138
Results 1,371 to 1,375 of 1375

Thread: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Default Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Looks like Nate is heading back to the top tier in Europe, the Euroleague for 2018-19.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/8ux...-guard-wolters

Did he play NBA summer league ball at all? If not, I'd say it is safe to assume his chances of making an NBA roster are likely over.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Did he play NBA summer league ball at all? If not, I'd say it is safe to assume his chances of making an NBA roster are likely over.
    No, it would have been a waste of time for him to play NBA summer league ball.

He isn't getting any younger, his best chance of ever getting back to the NBA is through Europe's top league, where he can make good money, play against top notch competition and get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    No, it would have been a waste of time for him to play NBA summer league ball.

He isn't getting any younger, his best chance of ever getting back to the NBA is through Europe's top league, where he can make good money, play against top notch competition and get noticed.
    I think you are correct, and yes he is not getting younger. If his pay falls below his cost of living, then he might as well come home and find some kind of a job. I am sure there are coaching opportunities waiting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think you are correct, and yes he is not getting younger. If his pay falls below his cost of living, then he might as well come home and find some kind of a job. I am sure there are coaching opportunities waiting for him.
    Unless he is a head coach, or high assistant at a major school he isn't going to come close to what he is making in Europe. My guess is his salary in Lithuania is somewhere well north of the $250K which he was paid for a partial season in Belgrade. They also pay your taxes, housing and provide you a vehicle. It isn't NBA money, but it is far better then the G League. He is replacing former Gonzaga pg Kevin Pangos who just signed with Barcelona for a reported $1.5 million. There is money to be made in Europe if you are playing in the top league, again, not NBA money, but you can make a solid living.