Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Just saw that Utah has released Nate. After seeing the G League game that Nate played in the Pentagon, it didn't look like he fit the style of play very well, as it seemed to be a contest of who could jack up a three or try a highlight reel dunk the quickest. It will be interesting to see if another team picks him up. Catching on overseas probably isn't a likely option at this point of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Just saw that Utah has released Nate. After seeing the G League game that Nate played in the Pentagon, it didn't look like he fit the style of play very well, as it seemed to be a contest of who could jack up a three or try a highlight reel dunk the quickest. It will be interesting to see if another team picks him up. Catching on overseas probably isn't a likely option at this point of the year.
      This report states once he clears waivers there is a good chance he heads back to the GLeague. Not as a 2way player though.https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...aived-by-jazz/

Skyforce have a roster spot open up with the Jazz picking up one of their players.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        That's what the g league is and by extension the NBA.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...gns-in-france/

Nate signed with a team in France

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...gns-in-france/

Nate signed with a team in France

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I had not looked in a while, there was some discussion of an injury which was keeping Nate from playing initially in France (possibly the same that sidelined him in Utah, and seemed to be his demise there). Nate is finally playing with Chelon, a EuroCup team in France. In the last three games has gone for 15 pts/7 assists, 18 pts/10 assists and his last game, 33 pts/7 assists in 33 minutes.

Whether he gets another shot at the NBA, I expect at a minimum, if he wants, he will be back up in the Euroleague (top league in Europe) next season if not later this year for their playoffs. If he isn't going to get a real shot at the NBA, it would be cool to see him hook up with one of top Euroleague teams. The basketball played in that league is fantastic, not far below the NBA, and the crowds are insane.

Comment

Looks like Nate is heading back to the top tier in Europe, the Euroleague for 2018-19.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/8ux...-guard-wolters

Comment

Did he play NBA summer league ball at all? If not, I'd say it is safe to assume his chances of making an NBA roster are likely over.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Did he play NBA summer league ball at all? If not, I'd say it is safe to assume his chances of making an NBA roster are likely over.
                  No, it would have been a waste of time for him to play NBA summer league ball.

He isn't getting any younger, his best chance of ever getting back to the NBA is through Europe's top league, where he can make good money, play against top notch competition and get noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                    No, it would have been a waste of time for him to play NBA summer league ball.

He isn't getting any younger, his best chance of ever getting back to the NBA is through Europe's top league, where he can make good money, play against top notch competition and get noticed.
                    I think you are correct, and yes he is not getting younger. If his pay falls below his cost of living, then he might as well come home and find some kind of a job. I am sure there are coaching opportunities waiting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I think you are correct, and yes he is not getting younger. If his pay falls below his cost of living, then he might as well come home and find some kind of a job. I am sure there are coaching opportunities waiting for him.
                      Unless he is a head coach, or high assistant at a major school he isn't going to come close to what he is making in Europe. My guess is his salary in Lithuania is somewhere well north of the $250K which he was paid for a partial season in Belgrade. They also pay your taxes, housing and provide you a vehicle. It isn't NBA money, but it is far better then the G League. He is replacing former Gonzaga pg Kevin Pangos who just signed with Barcelona for a reported $1.5 million. There is money to be made in Europe if you are playing in the top league, again, not NBA money, but you can make a solid living.

Comment

Ran into this on You Tube.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=nate+wolters&&view=detail&mid=9CF0F4BB09F 73034282A9CF0F4BB09F73034282A&&FORM=VDRVRV
                        this season highlight.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E&&FORM=VDRVRV feature on Nate while playing at Zalgris last season

Nate is now playing in Israel for Maccabi Fox Tel Aviv one of the top teams in the Euroleage, the top division in the Europe, second only to the NBA world wide. He is averaging 10 points 4 assists as their starting point guard. Quincy Acy from Baylor is also on the roster. He seems to have found a home. Maccabi is one of the historically successful teams in Europe along with Barcelona, Real Madrid and CSKA Moscow.

Comment

Working...
                        X