Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

After quite a few Long Island Iced Teas, and Hurricanes (that Rabid hops all around), the barkeepers are promoting this discussion to the bigger stage that Nate will hopefully entertain us from, like Mike Miller has done the last decade, for the next decade.

While Miller may be the Brew of choice in Milwaukee, here' s a popped Cold Springs beer, to a St. Cloud gym rat, who Frosted many an opponent both home and away as a Jackrabbit. Hope he takes the Bucks or whoever on a similar ride of success, but more rounds in the play-offs, so we get to watch even more Nate Nating.

Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    After quite a few Long Island Iced Teas, and Hurricanes (that Rabid hops all around), the barkeepers are promoting this discussion to the bigger stage that Nate will hopefully entertain us from, like Mike Miller has done the last decade, for the next decade.

While Miller may be the Brew of choice in Milwaukee, here' s a popped Cold Springs beer, to a St. Cloud gym rat, who Frosted many an opponent both home and away as a Jackrabbit. Hope he takes the Bucks or whoever on a similar ride of success, but more rounds in the play-offs, so we get to watch even more Nate Nating.
    Rabid, was this the SDSU Forum version of TUI (Tweeting Under the Influence)?

Comment

No more stupid and silly statements about human slavery. I promise. Good luck to Nate and his NBA Career.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Rabid, was this the SDSU Forum version of TUI (Tweeting Under the Influence)?
        *HIC* Ish nut'n like da Occifer!

700 posts is a LOOOONNG thread. Like Nate's new career, time for new beginnings.

Comment

While I'm not a huge fan of the NBA, I have been trying to follow the Bucks since the draft just to check them out and also Nate's chances. They really are starting to look like a train wreck. Since free agency has started they have lost Mike Dunleavy and JJ Reddick to playoff contenders. Their 2 most productive players in terms of ppg were Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis whom they haven't offered a contract too nor has anyone else, I think that kind of puts their value into perspective. They only person they have serious negotiations going on with is OJ Mayo and that is 3 days old now so he is obviously stalling for a better offer or better team. Brandon Jennings is a restricted free agent so they will have the chance to match that. Right now they have 8 players under contract who averaged 49 ppg last year. They are well below the salary floor, so they are a ripe candidate to start overpaying for bad contracts. I know it is hard to get prime free agents to come to a small market but they seem to be really struggling. In the next week they start summer ball, now would be a great time for Nate to show what he has and get a contract under his belt.....could be a long year in Milwaukee.

Comment

Ellis shouldn't and won't be offered a serious contract from the Bucks. Jennings they will try to get back. Best case scenario I guess is they tank and end up with the #1 pick and get Wiggins.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              While I'm not a huge fan of the NBA, I have been trying to follow the Bucks since the draft just to check them out and also Nate's chances. They really are starting to look like a train wreck. Since free agency has started they have lost Mike Dunleavy and JJ Reddick to playoff contenders. Their 2 most productive players in terms of ppg were Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis whom they haven't offered a contract too nor has anyone else, I think that kind of puts their value into perspective. They only person they have serious negotiations going on with is OJ Mayo and that is 3 days old now so he is obviously stalling for a better offer or better team. Brandon Jennings is a restricted free agent so they will have the chance to match that. Right now they have 8 players under contract who averaged 49 ppg last year. They are well below the salary floor, so they are a ripe candidate to start overpaying for bad contracts. I know it is hard to get prime free agents to come to a small market but they seem to be really struggling. In the next week they start summer ball, now would be a great time for Nate to show what he has and get a contract under his belt.....could be a long year in Milwaukee.
              FYI,they also had a 3 year 21 mil offer out to Kyle Korver who decided to resign with the Hawks -4 yrs. 24 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                FYI,they also had a 3 year 21 mil offer out to Kyle Korver who decided to resign with the Hawks -4 yrs. 24 mil.
                Correct, they have had interest in players but that interest hasn't been returned. I'm sure things will change once the dominoes start to fall and the options dwindle for players, but the question remains what will they end up with and will they tie up long term money for what looks to be a decent free agent class next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                  Correct, they have had interest in players but that interest hasn't been returned. I'm sure things will change once the dominoes start to fall and the options dwindle for players, but the question remains what will they end up with and will they tie up long term money for what looks to be a decent free agent class next year.
                  Yep, like you said in your previous post this could help Nate in landing a spot,so that's the real positive in free agents passing on the Bucks right now.

Comment

Here is a link to a story on the Bucks website entitled "Will Wolters be the next." Nice read indicating a lot of confidence in his future.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/mb-130701

Comment

Thanks for that link, Rabbit74. Great story. If Nate can make it, he'll be a publicists dream: humble guy just working hard for the team and appreciating the opportunity to be there. The Milwaukee fans are going to love him just like his fans in Brookings.

Comment

OJ Mayo signed a 3 year/$24million contract with the Bucks yesterday
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

A source* has indicated that OJ Mayo's agent confirmed that the decision to sign with the Bucks was to learn what it was "to Nate". Same source also confirmed that said agent advised against Mayo adopting the hashtag #OJ'sgonnaOJ for reasons all too obvious to the older fanbase. *source = me
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Ellis shouldn't and won't be offered a serious contract from the Bucks. Jennings they will try to get back. Best case scenario I guess is they tank and end up with the #1 pick and get Wiggins.
                            Next season is going to be a race to the bottom for about half the league, it will be interesting to see if the league does something to fight against teams playing to lose for a top pick. It could be one of the first things on a new commissioners plate.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

came across this video tribute of Nate. Dont know if it has been posted already or not but here it is.
                              http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=58#video

Comment

Working...
                              X