Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

And the Timberwolves just signed D League PG Lorenzo Brown to a 10 day contract.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

If the Pelicans don't sign Nate for the rest of the season, I wonder if the Wolves would sign him after Browns 10-day is up? It would definitely bring more fans to their home games. I think Mo Williams will be gone before the trade deadline.

Comment

Nate's being used as the #1 or #2 guard off bench. Jimmer Fredette is the guy the Pels are not playing. Nate had about 20 min, 0-3 shots, 4 Rebs, 3 assists, 1 TO.
        Nate backs Tyreke Evans, who tied a season high in assists - set one night earlier - with 12. When Evans gets in trouble, Nate's out on the floor quickly. If Holliday returns, then Nate will be relegated to riding pine for the most part. I think if Pels sign Nate for the rest of the season, they're really worried about Holliday's health for the rest of the season. If not resigned after this 2nd 10-day, then Holliday must be about ready to return, and prognosis is that he'll stay healthy.

Comment

Didn't Holiday have the same type of injury last year? I was under the impression they are concerned how quickly it will heal. I wonder what the average fan Pels fan is thinking of Nate? I've read some not so fond things, but it is hard to tell whether it is Jimmer Nation overreacting or not.

All I know is that at this point, Nate better get some confidence in his jump shot pretty quickly. He will never survive being just a slashing PG because they will take that away and force him to shoot.

Holiday coming back wouldn't be the end world unless Monty goes with a short bench. Doesn't Tyreke normally play SG? That second unit with Nate, Poindexter, Ajinca, Anderson and the random 5th has brutal lately. Adding Tyreke to the mix would definitely help that group out.

Comment

One writers take on the Pelicans PG situation:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...dont-think-so/

Comment

@ Pels/Clippers game. Hoping Nate gets to Nate tonite. AD isn't playing for Pels tonite

Comment

Nate takes floor to finish 1st q for Evans,

Comment

2 min: 2 ast. Needs to cut off on D. Pels 28 Clips 26 @ end of 1.

Comment

Goes another 5 min+1 ast

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                      Didn't Holiday have the same type of injury last year? I was under the impression they are concerned how quickly it will heal. I wonder what the average fan Pels fan is thinking of Nate? I've read some not so fond things, but it is hard to tell whether it is Jimmer Nation overreacting or not.

All I know is that at this point, Nate better get some confidence in his jump shot pretty quickly. He will never survive being just a slashing PG because they will take that away and force him to shoot.

Holiday coming back wouldn't be the end world unless Monty goes with a short bench. Doesn't Tyreke normally play SG? That second unit with Nate, Poindexter, Ajinca, Anderson and the random 5th has brutal lately. Adding Tyreke to the mix would definitely help that group out.
                      Jimmer Nation reminds me a lot of Tebow Nation. Jimmer reminds me a lot of Tebow. I expect him to be in the BYU play by play booth within the next 5 years.

Comment

Nate's last game on his 2nd 10 day contract was tonight. It ended with him getting 1 minute of garbage time as the Pelicans snapped the Hawks 19 game win streak. Jimmer played 21 minutes. I would be surpised if they sign Nate for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          Nate's last game on his 2nd 10 day contract was tonight. It ended with him getting 1 minute of garbage time as the Pelicans snapped the Hawks 19 game win streak. Jimmer played 21 minutes. I would be surpised if they sign Nate for the rest of the season.
                          The rumor is he won't be resigned.
                          http://pelicandebrief.com/2015/02/03...-time-pelican/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Do you think Nate would go D league for the rest of the year? What happens next?

Wolves are now settled at the point guard position and are looking to trade Mo for a draft pick. Rubio makes the whole team look different even with only 21 minutes of playing time. He changed his shot while out.

I think there will always be a role for Nate in the NBA. I hope he keeps on developing and lands on another team. Maybe a summer with a shot doctor might help.

Comment

The Pistons only have 2 PG on their roster with Brandon Jennings being out for the rest of the season. That could be a possibility.

He'll be picked up, it's just a matter of when. There are still like 40 games left this season. Someone will get hurt or be short at the PG position.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                                Do you think Nate would go D league for the rest of the year? What happens next?

Wolves are now settled at the point guard position and are looking to trade Mo for a draft pick. Rubio makes the whole team look different even with only 21 minutes of playing time. He changed his shot while out.

I think there will always be a role for Nate in the NBA. I hope he keeps on developing and lands on another team. Maybe a summer with a shot doctor might help.
                                If the Wolves do trade Mo Williams for a draft pick , it would open up a roster spot. If Flip were smart he would bring in Nate and let him compete with Lorenzo Brown for the back up point guard spot. It appears they are going to limit Rubio's minutes for awhile , so there should be minutes available if Williams would get moved.

Comment

Working...
                                X