X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Per Marc Stein:

"Bucks are looking for passers and backcourt upgrades and will soon add Kendall Marshall as newest guard alongside recent signed Jarryd Bayless"

Ughhhh...
    Kendall Marshal. Lol
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Why the Ughhhh? Marshall has been terrible since coming into the league, it is why he was sent to the D League. The guy was put on waivers by the Lakers who intend to keep their 2nd round pick as a 3rd string PG instead of Marshall. Yes they needed to clear cap space, but really? He was put on waivers, not a good sign. He had one good month last year with the Lakers, otherwise he has had a terrible career since UNC. As for Bayless, the guy isn't a PG; he's a two; and an average two at best. He is considered to be one of the lowest rated PGs in the NBA. The Bucks need depth at guard. I would not be surprised if Mayo is gone. Wasn't in Las Vegas, seems to be nowhere near any of his teammates. They guy may have eaten his way out of a career.

Per Marc Stein:

"Bucks are looking for passers and backcourt upgrades and will soon add Kendall Marshall as newest guard alongside recent signed Jarryd Bayless"

Ughhhh...

Comment

I guess we'll see. Bayless played well for the Celtics last year and Marshall averaged over 8 assists for the Lakers. There are only so many minutes to go around.
        Last edited by jacks1; 07-19-2014, 10:14 PM.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I guess we'll see. Bayless played well for the Celtics last year and Marshall averaged over 8 assists for the Lakers. There are only so many minutes to go around.
          There are multiple people on this board that could put up 8 assists per game playing for Mike D'Antoni.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            There are multiple people on this board that could put up 8 assists per game playing for Mike D'Antoni.
            This^

Plus, he can't shoot; and is a terrible defender. I

f you look at the Bucks roster, you have Knight, Nate, Bayless (though there still has been no confirmation he has signed), Marshall and Mayo. Last year you had Knight, Nate, Ridnour, Neal and Mayo.

Its the NBA, you can't expect to have minutes given to you they have to be earned. Nate will get his shot, just like he got his shot last year. If you look at Summer League, after hurting his ankle he didn't play a lot of minutes. Yet when he was in the game he was productive. Plus, on D he shut down Exum, and again our friend Trey B. Nate will be fine. And if it turns out Kidd wants to go a different direction he'll end up somewhere. The reality is Nate is a quality backup PG in the NBA. He isn't going to light you up, but he is also not going to hurt you if he is in the game. Plus, he's a winner. The one thing that became obvious under Drew, and it happened in SL again (except against SA), when Nate is in the game the Bucks play well. Take him out and any lead they have disappears quickly. Nate will be fine.

Comment

Marshall can't shoot? He shot 40% from 3 last year. My guess is everyone could do that playing for D'Antoni.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Marshall can't shoot? He shot 40% from 3 last year. My guess is everyone could do that playing for D'Antoni.
                Since you don't seem to want to listen to anybody on this site, let us see if you will listen to some analysis on what Marshall is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ry-makes-sense

Oh by the way, his two point shooting hovers around and at times below 40%. That includes his college career where he was definitely not known as a scorer. He is unable to create shots for himself. His FT shooting is less then 50% and his advance stats show that he is a turnover machine. In addition, he can't play defense and yes; his stats were inflated under the Laker system last year. You can believe whomever you want, or you can continue to freak out over Marshall's signing and what he may mean for Nate. My advice to you, if your trolling Real GM take most of what is said on their with a grain of salt. Give it a few weeks and they'll be skewering everyone but the Giannis. Heck, 5 SL games and they are already going after Parker.

Comment

Sorry for pointing out that Marshall isn't completely terrible in all areas. (And if you are going to discredit his offensive stats for playing for D'Antoni, then you need to cut him some slack on TO's and defense also). Is he great, no, but he is much improved from a year ago. But let's be honest...these signings aren't exactly votes of confidence for Nate. Not that getting out of the Buck organization would be a bad thing...
                  Last edited by jacks1; 07-20-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                    This^

Plus, he can't shoot; and is a terrible defender. I

f you look at the Bucks roster, you have Knight, Nate, Bayless (though there still has been no confirmation he has signed), Marshall and Mayo. Last year you had Knight, Nate, Ridnour, Neal and Mayo.

Its the NBA, you can't expect to have minutes given to you they have to be earned. Nate will get his shot, just like he got his shot last year. If you look at Summer League, after hurting his ankle he didn't play a lot of minutes. Yet when he was in the game he was productive. Plus, on D he shut down Exum, and again our friend Trey B. Nate will be fine. And if it turns out Kidd wants to go a different direction he'll end up somewhere. The reality is Nate is a quality backup PG in the NBA. He isn't going to light you up, but he is also not going to hurt you if he is in the game. Plus, he's a winner. The one thing that became obvious under Drew, and it happened in SL again (except against SA), when Nate is in the game the Bucks play well. Take him out and any lead they have disappears quickly. Nate will be fine.
                    Completely agree with all of this

Comment

Don't know if these highlights have been posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxelO86YMs
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Nate's former coach Larry Drew joins the Cavs as well as Jim Boylan, James Posey, Bret Brielmaier, and Tyronn Lue as assistant coaches under David Blatt
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Bucks trade away Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica to the Clippers for Jared Dudley and a 1st round draft pick.
                          http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/buc...udley-clippers

Comment

Photos of Bucks voluntary early season workouts. Nate is in a couple of them going up get Kendall Marshall and Jared Dudley.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/gallery/buc...ing-early-work

Comment

Review of Nate Wolters season:

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2014/04...rs-didnt-wilt/

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                All in all, this seems to be a fair assessment of Wolters' first season. I just hope he gets a chance to get on the court with the new coaching staff. I think Nate's measureables are somewhat underwhealming, but if he gets on the court I think he will show he can play, and he should be poised to take a substantial step forward in year two.
                                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                                X