X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    You're a ****ing riot.
    Because starred out swear words and ad hominems make your argument stronger.

We all know that Martin was added to provide 'front court depth'--but what kind, and for what long-term purpose? This is all about Kidd's long-term purpose. He wants Hammond's job, and he can't get it unless he wins.

You can say all you want about how they're all about developing young talent, but the fact remains--they cut a second year player because they didn't want to keep giving a rookie PF (O'Bryant) starter's minutes, and that was because he was having issues in that spot.

Comment

My opinions are backed up by people who actually get paid to follow and report on the NBA (and the articles I linked). Your opinions are backed up by your refusal to admit being wrong.

I add the ad hominems cause it hurts my brain reading your smug drivel.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

My opinions are backed up by people who actually get paid to follow and report on the NBA (and the articles I linked). Your opinions are backed up by your refusal to admit being wrong.
        Because NOBODY paid to write about basketball finds the signing of K-Mart to be at odds with the Bucks' claim to be developing young players:
        http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...171551888.html

Comment

it hurts my brain reading your smug drivel.
          Between the two of us, do you think that a reasonable person would conclude that the person using the swears and the insults is the one who is *not* being smug?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Because NOBODY paid to write about basketball finds the signing of K-Mart to be at odds with the Bucks' claim to be developing young players:
            http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...171551888.html
            I'm not even defending the move. I explained the rationale behind it (which you denied because of small forward). My other position was that Kidd had improved the Bucks and was doing a decent job. You did not respond to this. You stated that the Bucks were in 'win-now' mode and I provided a really well reported article about how the Bucks are building for the future. I'm sure you read the whole thing.

Again, is signing Martin a home run? No. It's not supposed to be. But I can understand why it makes sense to the Bucks, even if I don't agree with it. I'm also hopeful that Wolters will get a chance to play now. AND I also think Kidd does a lot of things really well. Hell, even the article you linked opened with this:
            The Milwaukee Bucks continue to rank among the most pleasant surprises of the NBA season,comfortably dispatching the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night to move back above .500 at 19-18, four more wins than they managed all of last season.
            I just don't get the Kidd hate that this board was displaying. And you were wrong when you said the Bucks are in 'win-now' mode. Their two best players are super young and they will continue to build around them for the future. In the article it linked, it said Parker and the Greek Freak were the only locks to be on the roster 5 years from now. Wolters was not in their long term plans.

I'm done, btw. Go Nate!!
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I add the ad hominems cause it hurts my brain reading your smug drivel.
              If it is his opinion so why would he think he is wrong? Just a different point of view. You both make good points, so i agree with some of what both of you say, but then I suppose that makes me wrong with my opinion too.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When and if Nate was ever cut, said team was going to feel the wrath of certain posters on this board, regardless of how much sense the move made for said team. It's the nature of the beast on here, one that we have all come to expect with a drawer full of yellow and blue glasses.

It can't possibly be that Nate doesn't fit well on this roster. The team that cut him HAS to not know what they are doing.

I will just wish Nate well and hope is wearing another NBA team's jersey in short order.

Comment

One prediction that he gets picked up by another NBA team - http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...kenyon-martin/

Comment

I'm not even defending the move. I explained the rationale behind it (which you denied because of small forward). My other position was that Kidd had improved the Bucks and was doing a decent job. You did not respond to this. You stated that the Bucks were in 'win-now' mode and I provided a really well reported article about how the Bucks are building for the future. I'm sure you read the whole thing.

Again, is signing Martin a home run? No. It's not supposed to be. But I can understand why it makes sense to the Bucks, even if I don't agree with it. I'm also hopeful that Wolters will get a chance to play now. AND I also think Kidd does a lot of things really well. Hell, even the article you linked opened with this: I just don't get the Kidd hate that this board was displaying. And you were wrong when you said the Bucks are in 'win-now' mode. Their two best players are super young and they will continue to build around them for the future. In the article it linked, it said Parker and the Greek Freak were the only locks to be on the roster 5 years from now. Wolters was not in their long term plans.
                    I fully understood the rationale for adding 'front court depth'--but the key word there is 'rationale'. One can understand the 'rationale' while questioning the reasons that are cited as a basis of that 'rationale'.

A rationale is simply a set of reasons, and in this case, none of them are very good--or at best are incompatible with the notion of developing young players like Henson & O'Bryant.

--

As far as whether Kidd has improved the Bucks, the jury's still out. He's had half of one season in which he has likely had half of the jobs that he intends to have with the Bucks (recall, he allegedly wanted the GM slot in Brooklyn: http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/6/28/5...ilwaukee-bucks ).

We can talk about whether Kidd has improved the Bucks once he gets finished doing to them all that he wants to do to them.

--

And regarding the allegation that the Bucks are in 'win now' mode, we all know that the Bucks had a 'win now' roster last year. Now consider the personnel moves that the Bucks have made since Kidd was hired:

- signed veteran Jerryd Bayless to compete with Marshall, Knight, Wolters and Mayo
                    - signed 3rd year player Kendall Marshall
                    - traded for veteran Jared Dudley
                    - signed Kenyon Martin to a 10 day contract after waiving 2nd year player Wolters

Those moves do not suggest that the Bucks are interested solely, or even primarily, in developing young talent. Only one of those moves (signing Marshall) did anything besides take away minutes from young players on the roster.

----

And FWIW, I've disliked Kidd for *years*, and as a coach, he's the Brad Childress of the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      One prediction that he gets picked up by another NBA team - http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...kenyon-martin/
                      I agree with this statement in the article
                      Though Wolters isn’t in Jason Kidd’s rotation,the point guard was good enough to make my All-Rookie second team last year. The Bucks have preached a long-term vision around Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker, but this doesn’t follow it. And I don’t believe Martin, who’s far from a lock to help at all on the court, justifies deviating from the plan.
                      This comment also had me rolling
                      This is the equivalent to owning your own business and your sister needs a favor of you to hire her inept son so he can have a job and get out her hair. I’m sure Kenyon was like, “C’mon buddy, you know I’m good for it! Put in a good word for me man. I need the money bruh. We dem boyz man! I got this!”. And Kidd, trying not to make the friendship or the situation awkward and strained agreed to it.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Nate was literally the fifth PG on the team behind Knight, Bayless and Marshall. Even Mayo got more burn at PG than Nate has this year. This is the best thing that could have happened for Nate. In his last couple of games he has gotten run at small forward in a small ball line up. If Nate has a place in the league it will be at PG, not all the other places the Bucks tried to use him.

I don't see the Bucks as a dumpster fire at all. They have 2 brand new billionaire owners, arguably the 2 most promising under 20 players in the league and are on their way to a brand new arena. Jason Kidd, love him or hate him, is a contender for coach of the year. Things are looking the best for them as they have in years.

The Bucks comment of developing their youth meant Knight, Giannis and Parker before he got hurt. It didn't mean players they didn't see as part of their future. As for Martin, he is over the hill, but he will give them a physical presence they are sorely lacking. As they get to the playoffs they will need his experience. Sometimes you need that veteran presence to teach the younger ones how to win. Besides Kidd needed a drinking buddy!

Nate would have rotted on the bench the rest if the year and then most likely have been cut next year to sign a draft pick. At least now he will get burn in the d-league or join a true dumpster fire organization were he will get some run. Either way, for his development he is in a better situation.

Comment

Let's all agree on 2 things:
                          1.Kidd is CRAZY,
                          2. The bucks have a better record then with Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                            Nate was literally the fifth PG on the team behind Knight, Bayless and Marshall. Even Mayo got more burn at PG than Nate has this year. This is the best thing that could have happened for Nate. In his last couple of games he has gotten run at small forward in a small ball line up. If Nate has a place in the league it will be at PG, not all the other places the Bucks tried to use him.

I don't see the Bucks as a dumpster fire at all. They have 2 brand new billionaire owners, arguably the 2 most promising under 20 players in the league and are on their way to a brand new arena. Jason Kidd, love him or hate him, is a contender for coach of the year. Things are looking the best for them as they have in years.

The Bucks comment of developing their youth meant Knight, Giannis and Parker before he got hurt. It didn't mean players they didn't see as part of their future. As for Martin, he is over the hill, but he will give them a physical presence they are sorely lacking. As they get to the playoffs they will need his experience. Sometimes you need that veteran presence to teach the younger ones how to win. Besides Kidd needed a drinking buddy!

Nate would have rotted on the bench the rest if the year and then most likely have been cut next year to sign a draft pick. At least now he will get burn in the d-league or join a true dumpster fire organization were he will get some run. Either way, for his development he is in a better situation.
                            They did make the playoffs 2 years ago though so.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...288013401.html

Comment

Don't know what the hold-up is. Must be waiting for AARP to renounce Martin's Bird rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X