Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    That actually might be a really good fit. They had AWFUL depth last year.
    Looking at their roster and stats from last season , it appears Doc River's son Austin got most of the backup PG minutes and he really isn't a PG. So this might be a good place for Nate to find a home.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Looking at their roster and stats from last season , it appears Doc River's son Austin got most of the backup PG minutes and he really isn't a PG. So this might be a good place for Nate to find a home.
      Austin Rivers IS a point guard, he's just not built in the mold of one. He started at PG when CP3 was injured in the playoffs. Rivers is a free-agent this year. If he isn't re-signed by the Clippers, this might be one of the best opportunities Nate will have.

I honestly don't read too much into Nate signing with the Clippers for the summer league. I view the summer league more as a place for players to showcase their talents for the entire NBA.

If the Clippers pass on re-signing Rivers and Nate can't earn a spot as their backup PG, I'm afraid the writing might be on the wall. Folks can't play the "not the right fit" card forever, and there are teams out there this year with legit needs at PG.

Comment

Obviously I would like to see Nate make an NBA roster to start the season, but considering the way he played in a brief D League stint last year, perhaps a D League spot would be a great opportunity to get consistent minutes and perhaps show he can facilitate a team while being a scoring threat himself.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Day 1 Practice Recap

"The practice intensified when the team split up into five man teams and had officials present to provide more of a game feel. The blue team, led by Nate Wolters and Wilcox, pulled away from the white team, which was spearheaded by Royce White and Diante Garrett. The second game ended just as the first one, with the blue team again winning, 5-3. After the two practices were over, the team huddled and got prepared for another two-practice session tomorrow."

I believe Diante Garrett was a backup to Nate while on the Grand Rapids Drive. The Clippers SL roster is pretty talented and should contend for the SL title.

Clippers SL Roster:
          22 Branden Dawson F 6'6" 225 2/1/93 Michigan St. / USA R
          8 Diante Garrett G 6'5" 189 11/3/88 Iowa St. / USA 2
          21 Eric Griffin F 6'8" 193 5/26/90 Campbell / USA R
          1 Jordan Hamilton F 6'7" 220 10/6/90 Texas / USA 4
          20 Geron Johnson G 6'3" 202 8/9/92 Memphis / USA R
          31 Haakim Johnson F 6'7" 200 7/12/87 Pikeville / USA R
          18 Amath M’Baye F 6'8" 215 12/14/89 Oklahoma / USA R
          19 Liam McMorrow C 7'2" 275 7/22/87 Tennessee Tech / USA R
          12 Yanick Moreira C 6'11" 220 7/31/91 SMU / USA R
          2 D.J. Newbill G 6'4" 210 5/22/92 Penn St. / USA R
          42 Tim Parham F 6'9" 239 3/18/83 Maryland Eastern Shore / USA R
          33 Royce White F 6'8" 268 4/10/91 Iowa St. / USA 1
          30 C.J. Wilcox G 6'5" 195 12/30/90 Washington / USA 1
          10 Nate Wolters G 6'4" 193 5/15/91 South Dakota St. / USA 2
          14 Patric Young C 6'9" 239 2/1/92 Florida / USA R

Comment

I am really curious to see how Nate handles this summer league. I felt like last year he was the good soldier so that Giannis could try point and their first round pick could get his looks. I really expect him to be far more aggressive getting his own looks. It should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

So now I'm confused. The Spurs say that Nate will be playing on their Summer League team in both Utah and Vegas. The games in Utah will be coached by SD native Becky Hammon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                So now I'm confused. The Spurs say that Nate will be playing on their Summer League team in both Utah and Vegas. The games in Utah will be coached by SD native Becky Hammon.
                I get it now - he will be with the Clippers in Orlando and the Spurs in Vegas.

Comment

Nate's blowing up pretty good on twitter right now...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    I've been watching the game. Nate has 12 pts, 4 ast, 4 stls, 4 reb, 1 TO. Has played 30 minutes. They are now going into OT.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      I caught that. Any video? I've searched.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I believe all summer league games are telecast/streamed live on NBATV. From this website http://www.nba.com/summerleaguelive/?ls=iref:nbahpt13a , it also appears that replays of every game are available.
                        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                          I believe all summer league games are telecast/streamed live on NBATV. From this website http://www.nba.com/summerleaguelive/?ls=iref:nbahpt13a , it also appears that replays of every game are available.
                          It looks like today's game will be replayed at midnight and they play live tomorrow at noon an NBA TV.

Comment

Here's some highlights from yesterday: http://m.kdlt.com/news/Nate-Wolters-...pener/33998610
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Today's (Sunday) highlights https://twitter.com/gdfactoryclips/s...95957367918592
                              USD Fan

Comment

It looks like Nate will be playing for the Spurs for the Las Vegas Summer League. (coached by South Dakotan Becky Hammon)

Looks like he will be surrounded by more talent too. The players he played with today looked awful. He probably would have had 4-5 assists if anyone on the team could shoot.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-annou...utah-las-vegas

Comment

Working...
                                X