UMKC's AD quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC's AD quits

With the move to the WAC weeks away UMKC's AD quit to take the same position at UMBC.

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=208419964&DB_OEM _ID=18300

Go State!

Re: UMKC's AD quits

Interesting. Can't blame anyone for bailing out of UMKC, even an administrator who was probably largely responsible for moving the school to the WAC.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Interesting. Can't blame anyone for bailing out of UMKC, even an administrator who was probably largely responsible for moving the school to the WAC.
      I'm not entirely sure that the move to the WAC was entirely, or even primarily the idea of the UMKC athletic department, but more likely a small group of politically-connected Kansas City "civic leaders" with stars (and, more significantly, dollar signs) lodged firmly in their eyes.

This kind of civic leadership is the main reason why the city of Kansas City, Missouri is such a beacon of urban success.

In case you're missing it: Yes, that's sarcasm.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Perhaps the entire university should quit.

Sorry, not a smack thread, I know, but that place (at least the athletic dept.) is a joke.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I'm not entirely sure that the move to the WAC was entirely, or even primarily the idea of the UMKC athletic department, but more likely a small group of politically-connected Kansas City "civic leaders" with stars (and, more significantly, dollar signs) lodged firmly in their eyes.

This kind of civic leadership is the main reason why the city of Kansas City, Missouri is such a beacon of urban success.

In case you're missing it: Yes, that's sarcasm.
          No reason to doubt your comments since you are near the fire, but just when you think the entire commuter community does not care about sports, this surfaces. Somebody with resources does care and bingo a AD is looking to go home to Baltimore to be close to family. Just wondering it the Pendergast machine still in existance?

Comment

Working...
          X