Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    The sign of a good program is a good walk-on program, now yes most walk-ons don't play at all, and many of them end up transferring, but they help with practice and the ability to red-shirt.
    Keaton Moffitt would be the diamond in the rough as a recent walk-on. Corey Jacobsen is another strong part for the team as well.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Carlson walked on and that didnt turn out too bad for us. Beau will need to learn how to play team ball cause he was pretty much the team in mitchell

Comment

Carlson was a "grey-shirt" walk-on redshirt and then get a scholarship. But still there have been some very solid walk-ons. But even the ones that aren't successful help the program more than is seen to the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I wondered if he wouldnt end up at sdsu. Ive seen him and his dad at quite a few games
          He told me prior to starting his freshman year in high school that he wanted to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Cool. Beau Brown could make solid contributions to the team. I'm glad he chose to become a Jackrabbit. Congrats and welcome, Mr. Brown!
            This space for lease.

Comment

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...ream-walk-sdsu

Mitchell Daily Republic article on Beau.

Comment

The Mitchell/SDSU connection continues to grow like the Pierre/SDSU connection. It's cool to get a guy that speaks of playing for SDSU as a "lifelong dream".

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  The Mitchell/SDSU connection continues to grow like the Pierre/SDSU connection. It's cool to get a guy that speaks of playing for SDSU as a "lifelong dream".
                  Beau Brown has a lot of growing up to do and will have to learn to not be such a selfish player or he won't last long at SDSU. I doubt Nagy will put up with it. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. There is a reason he did not have any D1 offers.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Beau Brown has a lot of growing up to do and will have to learn to not be such a selfish player or he won't last long at SDSU. I doubt Nagy will put up with it. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. There is a reason he did not have any D1 offers.
                    I haven't seen Brown play in HS, but sometimes a player has to be selfish for the team to be successful if there isn't enough talent on the team. I think he knows he won't be the go-to player and that he will have to earn his playing time just like Moffit. There was character questions when Larson joined the team. Nagy had no problems with him. I would give the benefit of the doubt until there is an actual problem.

Comment

He's undersized and not the most athletic player? (Reason for no D-I offers)

I'd have to have someone who saw him in the summer to evaluate his play with other players on the court. Mitchell has been quite bad the past few years, as previously stated can't fault a guy for trying to take over because of it.

Comment

Normally I like what you have to say, however this is below the belt IMO.

I wouldn't know Beau Brown from Bo Jackson, but this is a 17-18 year old kid choosing to play college basketball for free at an institution he loves. Seems like just the kind of player we would want, IMO.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Normally I like what you have to say, however this is below the belt IMO.

I wouldn't know Beau Brown from Bo Jackson, but this is a 17-18 year old kid choosing to play college basketball for free at an institution he loves. Seems like just the kind of player we would want, IMO.
                          I know Beau personally and he is a good kid. Im not sure why JackguyII thinks he needs to grow up. I think Beau is a typical high school senior. A pretty good tennis player too

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            I know Beau personally and he is a good kid. Im not sure why JackguyII thinks he needs to grow up. I think Beau is a typical high school senior. A pretty good tennis player too
                            Is Beau part of the Steve Brown family? I know Brown is a very common name, but based on JackJD comment, I thought he might have ties to Hamlin County.

What 18 year old does not need to grow up? With the talent at Mitchell somewhat down, I can see how other teammates would want him to handle the ball and shoot most of the time. Besides that the PG is pretty involved at the HS level.

Comment

I dont know if he is part of the steve brown family.

Comment

I'm fairly sure its a different Brown family.

I haven't been around Brown much but when I have, I've thought he was a real confident guy -- some might read it as confident in a negative way (i.e. cocky) but I think he's known all along that playing for the Jacks is a goal and he makes that goal only with a lot of hard work. If he doesn't make the team, it won't be due to lack of effort. I like his attitude. Now lets see what he can do. He's a good get for a walkon.

Comment

Working...
                                X