2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

It looks like we will be set at the guard positions for the next four or five years. The only question will be how the 2016/2017 transition from Parks/Marshall/Moffit will be handled. Do we still have a spot for Poydras or will the two 2015 guards be thrown into the fire?

Comment

He comes to SDSU from the same program Lawrence Alexander came to NDSU. Here is a link with more info....

http://www.sjnmabasketball.com/teams...2&s=basketball
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Maybe there's a way to work it. Roster shake ups, pay own way a year - a number of things.

Comment

Imagine Baker out?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Imagine Baker out?
            The man of few words is probably right this time. I think Baker is out. UNI will most likely get him or one of the others. King will work for me. Good get for SDSU.

Comment

King looks like a good get.

All things equal, I'd rather get an incoming freshman who can play for four years over a transfer who only gets two or three.

Between him and Gentry I think we are in good shape for 2016 after Marshall and Parks graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                It looks like we will be set at the guard positions for the next four or five years. The only question will be how the 2016/2017 transition from Parks/Marshall/Moffit will be handled. Do we still have a spot for Poydras or will the two 2015 guards be thrown into the fire?
                With at least three scholarships available next year and with Marshall,Parks and Bittle all leaving , it wouldn't surprise me if the Jacks try to get a good JUCO guard that could come in with some experience.

Comment

Didn't realize Tevin King was still in play for a scholarship, but he appears to be a good get for the program. From the limit highlights I've seen (all of which were of him in high school, not the prep school he attended), he seems to play strong and most-likely would have the ability to play both the 1 and 2 positions. This will help out our 2016-17 point guard situation, as now we won't be putting all our eggs in one basket (though, once again, I like Gentry's game).

I would guess the chances of landing Poydras has went down quite a bit (without knowledge of another defection), as he'd have to be a non-scholarship player for a year. Wouldn't completely rule that option out, however, because if he's intent on going DI and doesn't get another DI school to offer, he may still chose that option.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I'd like to target a December transfer like Marshall, I've always liked those transfers as they work with the team for a year, but you don't lose an entire season of them.

As for Tevin King, there is very little info on the guy and what I can find is hard to digest. On his 2014 recruiting news I've found high interest but no offers, but in 2015 after prep school he had interest and offers from numerous mid-majors (SDSU, NDSU and other Chicago area schools).

I don't have a clue either way, all I can say is best of luck

Here is what I got from Roy Schmidt of @prepbullseye; he is one of the go to guys for Chicago area prep basketball

Roy Schmidt ‏ @prepbullseye
                    @joeboo22 @Tevinking_3 Good player--great speed/can attack basket/good ball handling skills. Nice back court combo w/ him & Gentry.
                    Last edited by joeboo22; 04-21-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

GoJacks put a story out on Tevin:
                      http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210038940

This supplies some of the statistics that I was looking for elsewhere. I like the number of assists and rebounds he gets. The numbers are Nate Wolters like in those statistics. I do recognize that it isn't the same level of competition, nor do I expect him to be Nate Wolters caliber. However, I like how he shares the basketball and gets on the glass. I have a hard time seeing him redshirt after going to a prep-school after graduating high school, but you never know.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

@BeauBrown3 ·
                        I am so proud and happy to say that I will be playing basketball at South Dakota State University. God is good. ������ #GoBig #GoBlue #GoJacks

Beau Brown, Guard, from Mitchell. Played w/ Dakota Schoolers in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          @BeauBrown3 ·
                          I am so proud and happy to say that I will be playing basketball at South Dakota State University. God is good. ������ #GoBig #GoBlue #GoJacks

Would Beau be a walk-on? Are we at the limit for scholarships when Tevin King arrived?
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            @BeauBrown3 ·

I wondered if he wouldnt end up at sdsu. Ive seen him and his dad at quite a few games

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Would Beau be a walk-on? Are we at the limit for scholarships when Tevin King arrived?
                              Walk-on.

Comment

The sign of a good program is a good walk-on program, now yes most walk-ons don't play at all, and many of them end up transferring, but they help with practice and the ability to red-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X