2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

How many scholarships are available? Though it was just 2. I would guess to try to get a big like pf\c and a guard. Guess I will trust nagy to know what we need to recruit.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      Paul Seville commented on Twitter that SDSU had dropped interest to focus on guards in 2015 class.
      Not surprising considering that Marshall and Parks are both shorter-term players. You would think guards that can play the point would be high priority.

Comment

I would think a very athletic forward with local ties and a large potential upside would also be a priority. I think he is going to give us fits in years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I would think a very athletic forward with local ties and a large potential upside would also be a priority. I think he is going to give us fits in years to come.
          As far as I have heard he is still more of a project, but seems like pretty high upside. Maybe he didnt feel like SDSU would have been a good fit for him though.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Geu grew up in Fargo and has family there, according to news reports.
            This space for lease.

Comment

"upside" is a word I wish were eliminated from the English language. The fact is the SDSU offense is predicated upon kids who can shoot and make good decisions with the ball and understand pick and pop etc with a certain level of dribble drive. I don't believe it is a place raw projects look at and think they can play right away given how we play and Nagy coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                "upside" is a word I wish were eliminated from the English language. The fact is the SDSU offense is predicated upon kids who can shoot and make good decisions with the ball and understand pick and pop etc with a certain level of dribble drive. I don't believe it is a place raw projects look at and think they can play right away given how we play and Nagy coaches.
                there are only so many for sure bets out there to pick from. Sometimes you find a project or a sleeper kid who others dont see it in and they turn into a diamond in the rough. nothing wrong with that. You have a guys who big and does a lot of things well but isnt college ready yet shouldnt hurt his chances to much of getting into a good program. Even major programs take some kids with all the potentional and athletic ability, just need to harness and shape it to the college level it needs to be at.

Comment

Of course there are kids with untapped potential but "upside" has become a "cliche". Somewhat of a synonym for a lot of risk. The offer on Nikko from MN is much more the type of project I'd like to see us take if we are looking at players with "upside". But who knows I guess.

Comment

Tall athletic kids are welcome on any basketball roster.

However:

NDSU 6'8"+ on roster - 2 (1 junior, 1 fresh)
                    SDSU 6'8"+ on roster - 5 (1 senior, 1 soph, 3 fresh)

Probably played a pretty significant role in this kid's decision of where to play. The path to playing time in Fargo is much smoother. It might be as simple as that.

This is a bigger miss for USD than it is for SDSU, IMO.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Geu grew up in Fargo and has family there, according to news reports.
                      This ^^^^. There was never any doubt where he was going.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Tall athletic kids are welcome on any basketball roster.

However:

NDSU 6'8"+ on roster - 2 (1 junior, 1 fresh)
                        SDSU 6'8"+ on roster - 5 (1 senior, 1 soph, 3 fresh)

Probably played a pretty significant role in this kid's decision of where to play. The path to playing time in Fargo is much smoother. It might be as simple as that.

This is a bigger miss for USD than it is for SDSU, IMO.

Except it is not a miss... SDSU stopped recruiting Deng early this fall because of their need for a point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                          Except it is not a miss... SDSU stopped recruiting Deng early this fall because of their need for a point guard.
                          TV reported he had offers from SDSU and USD. If he was offered, but did not accept, that's a miss IMO. The miss just doesn't hurt as bad because the cupboard is not bare at that position (I hope). You can't get them all, I'm not going to go through mental gymnastics to justify missing on a DI recruit 50 miles from campus.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I was concerned with his lack of weight. I'm not sure exactly how much he weighed, but he is one thin kid. At the collegiate level, he better put on some weight or he will get knocked around. Especially because I don't see him as much of a shooter, I don't believe that we missed out on much.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              TV reported he had offers from SDSU and USD. If he was offered, but did not accept, that's a miss IMO. The miss just doesn't hurt as bad because the cupboard is not bare at that position (I hope). You can't get them all, I'm not going to go through mental gymnastics to justify missing on a DI recruit 50 miles from campus.
                              Paul Seville responded to TV's report by tweeting "SDSU dropped interest to focus on guards in 2015 class."

Not a miss. We cooled off on him.

Comment

Dan Jech commits to USD. Not sure if SDSU had an offer for him? Anyways, great get for the Yotes considering that Geu committed to NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X