2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Recruits

I guess with just two scholarships the coaching staff should be selective. Has Deng Geu from Sioux Falls Washington taken an official visit? A big and a guard would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I guess with just two scholarships the coaching staff should be selective. Has Deng Geu from Sioux Falls Washington taken an official visit? A big and a guard would be nice.
      Deng Geu hasn't taken an official yet.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        For J.T.'s visit, he scrimmaged with some of the guys and got to hang out on campus. He arrived Friday and left Sunday. Reed Tellinghuisen was the player designated to show him around town. He is a really good kid and would be a great get for the basketball team. From what I can tell, the visit didn't go terrible, but it wasn't spectacular. It was just okay. He seems to really like Anders though. Hopefully he doesn't have experiences that really wow him in Omaha and Fargo. I still think that he might pick us, but I felt a lot better about him coming here before the visit.
        Not sure I'd go with "great get". He won't play here right away and thus NDSU and Omaha will be more attractive. It was a typical visit.

Comment

Any other scheduled visits? Heavy recruiting period right now. With NDSU's success and renovated facilities and USD's new facility in 2016 they will be formidable on the recruiting front.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Any other scheduled visits? Heavy recruiting period right now. With NDSU's success and renovated facilities and USD's new facility in 2016 they will be formidable on the recruiting front.
            NDSU is formidable now and it will help but a new facility isn't going to suddenly elevate USD to conference power. It will help USD no doubt but there is a lot more to it than that.

My thought is that some of the facility upgrades SDSU has done in weight rooms, training facilities, and better access to Frost will only strengthen our position in comparison to both NDSU and USD. Admittedly looking at thing through blue hued glasses. SDSU, the Athletic Department, and Brookings make a formidable partnership that is attractive to prospective athletes. The things that are going on here are incredible and envied by the other schools.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Canadian point guard Joseph Chartouny committed to Fordham. Had SDSU offer.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Cretin-Durham Hall wing Sam Neumann has committed to Montana State. Had Jacks offer.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

PG Tyrone Taylor out of Hargrave Millitary Academy (VA) has committed to Wichita State. Had Jacks offer.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    PG Tyrone Taylor out of Hargrave Millitary Academy (VA) has committed to Wichita State. Had Jacks offer.
                    This kid was expected to go higher.

It's looking like Nagy's going to try and sign his PG and wait until spring for a potential transfer. It will be interesting to see who they sign (if anyone) this fall.

List updated. Thanks for the help Kemo.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      This kid was expected to go higher.

It's looking like Nagy's going to try and sign his PG and wait until spring for a potential transfer. It will be interesting to see who they sign (if anyone) this fall.

List updated. Thanks for the help Kemo.
                      Glad to help out.

As far as I can tell from known recruits, I'd say JT Gibson is our best chance at getting a fall signing. He's already visited Brookings and just visited Omaha this past weekend. All he has left for scheduled visits is Fargo in October. I don't think he is a sure thing, but I'd say he is our best shot at this point.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

@RyanJamesMN: Donnell "Red" Gresham has committed to Northeastern. Gresham is a PG at Cretin-Derham Hall.

Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Washington High F Deng Geu has verbally committed to play hoops at NDSU

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Washington High F Deng Geu has verbally committed to play hoops at NDSU
                            Not surprised. Updated.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Paul Seville commented on Twitter that SDSU had dropped interest to focus on guards in 2015 class.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Will be interesting to see who is our current focus based on needs and recent commits.

Comment

Working...
                                X