Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eric Kline

Originally posted by witness View Post
    When you are a good player, you don't come to a program to sit for four years and get the possibility of 1year of significant playing time. Not worth it at a FCS school
    I don't get it. What did he expect? Did he think Sumner was some chump he was going to be able to unseat from Day 1? Maybe he's not good at math and thought he'd have more years as the starter. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I don't get it. What did he expect? Did he think Sumner was some chump he was going to be able to unseat from Day 1? Maybe he's not good at math and thought he'd have more years as the starter. I dunno.
      You forget that Sumner had never taken a snap, when Kline committed to SDSU. TOB was the starter when they recruited Kline. I'm sure he thought his incoming credentials were as good as Austin's and expected he would get a chance to compete for the starting role.

Comment

Originally posted by JackDad View Post
        I'm sure he thought his incoming credentials were as good as Austin's and expected he would get a chance to compete for the starting role.
        So you are saying that Stig is not giving Kline a chance to earn the starting job away from Sumner? Not that I would disagree based on how Stig handled TOB............

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I'm guessing he is getting good money at Duluth. ...
          I might be wrong, but I think the Northern Sun limits member football teams to 24 scholarshps, which is below the NCAA limit of 36 or so for D-II schools. SDSU is limited to 63 scholarships and has to give a minimum of something like 57. I'm guessing Duluth doesn't have a whole lot of unused scholarship money laying around. Regardless, Kline should be a very good quarterback in that league. I wish him well.
          This space for lease.

Comment

So you are saying that Stig is not giving Kline a chance to earn the starting job away from Sumner? Not that I would disagree based on how Stig handled TOB............
            That's not what he posted. Why the agitation? (I don't have a problem with you being a regular agitator but I wonder whether you have a point or a particular agenda.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I might be wrong, but I think the Northern Sun limits member football teams to 24 scholarshps, which is below the NCAA limit of 36 or so for D-II schools. SDSU is limited to 63 scholarships and has to give a minimum of something like 57. I'm guessing Duluth doesn't have a whole lot of unused scholarship money laying around. Regardless, Kline should be a very good quarterback in that league. I wish him well.
              I believe you are right, as it getting away from me now, but a few years back over on D2Football.com, they used to complain about the NCC and the full funding of 36 scholarships. Unless Butch Raymond has changed directions, 24 is the limit in the Northern Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                That's not what he posted. Why the agitation? (I don't have a problem with you being a regular agitator but I wonder whether you have a point or a particular agenda.)
                I would have to agree with TK some on this point. Stig and the coaches had a hard time giving sumner a chance even with how bad TOB had been playing. But with Sumner doing so well, Kline might not really even get much consideration even if deserving or improving his own skills. Not saying they would be enough to surpass Sumner, but the idea that he could work his tail off to get a chance and prove he is the best might go with out reward even if the oppertunity is there. Basically, does the backups get a fair chance to unseat a starter.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Its well known that Stig is very loyal to his starters. Even more so with upper classman.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Its well known that Stig is very loyal to his starters. Even more so with upper classman.
                    Yes if I were to name a weakness of Coach Stig, this would be it and he would tell you that he is a stubborn German in his own defense. Good luck to Eric no matter where he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Yes, but I'm guessing he is getting about as high as you can get for a NSIC school, that with being in state, probably makes the money no big deal. Very few at SDSU are on full-rides, if I remember right. And if your going to college for the money, you are probably going for the wrong reasons.

I don't have a problem with Stig being loyal to starters, but I thought last year with Sumner hurt (especially early), he could have given Kline a few reps/packages.

Comment

What? Really? That's exactly what he was implying in his post.

Thanks for continuing to stalk me throughout this board. Mods gonna mod! Also, no need to threaten to ban me in PM. You can do that here. I've done nothing to warrant being banned. My life would go on without this board, unlike yours it seems.

Comment

I didn't say that Stig didn't give Kline a chance, as they both had to compete in Spring and Fall camps for the starting job. Just that Sumner was already a proven starter when Kline had an opportunity to play. I watched Kline in high school and he is a very good athlete, but he has happy feet and is not especially good at being a pocket passer. He typically makes one read and then runs, but that was what they wanted him to do, since he was an effective runner. I think that the coaching staff prefers Sumner's ability to stay in the pocket longer and try to make multiple reads before pulling it down and trying to run.

Comment

What? Really? That's exactly what he was implying in his post.

Thanks for continuing to stalk me throughout this board. Mods gonna mod! Also, no need to threaten to ban me in PM. You can do that here. I've done nothing to warrant being banned. My life would go on without this board, unlike yours it seems.
                            May I assume you've now read JackDad's followup post? Nothing wrong with having a good discussion and even an argument on the board. But the needless agitation is puzzling and unnecessary. (And for other readers -- TK has not been threatened with a ban or any sanction but he seems to be spoiling for a fight with the mods and we're not sure why.)

Comment

May I assume you've now read JackDad's followup post? Nothing wrong with having a good discussion and even an argument on the board. But the needless agitation is puzzling and unnecessary. (And for other readers -- TK has not been threatened with a ban or any sanction but he seems to be spoiling for a fight with the mods and we're not sure why.)
                              Needless agitation? How do you interpret "and expected he would get a chance to compete for the starting role"? Please, enlighten me.

Bull dung. You have full permission to post our PM discussion. Let others decide (not that they should care) whether or not the threat of a ban was made. Put your credibility on the line and we'll see if it holds up. You are the one picking a fight with me, not the other way around. Why would I pick a fight that there is no chance of winning? Member v Supermod is at least 10-1 odds.

Comment

Bull dung. You have full permission to post our PM discussion. Let others decide (not that they should care) whether or not the threat of a ban was made. Put your credibility on the line and we'll see if it holds up. You are the one picking a fight with me, not the other way around. Why would I pick a fight that there is no chance of winning? Member v Supermod is at least 10-1 odds.
                                I didn't realize I needed your permission.

You've been asked by me to stop needless and pointless confrontations in many of your posts. You've been told that the moderators may be more likely to take action against you for a perceived offense that, if committed by another poster, would be ignored.

From this point, if you have additional complaints about the moderators and how this board is run, it would be preferred that you take it up with the moderators using PM so that you're not junking up the board with what to most appears to be a catfight. Of course, you can register your complaints on the board itself but in doing so, there will be a point at which you've upset the bartenders around here and you will have invited yourself out of the premises.

Preferred course: you should lighten up and try to avoid the needless agitation. Debate? Fine. Argue? Sure. Unnecessarily pick at posters? No thanks. More than 99 per cent of the posters seem to have mastered the distinctions.

Comment

Working...
                                X