UNO baseball had a good first year in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO baseball had a good first year in the league

Both UNO softball and baseball had great first years in the league and that should only continue. If the University can get them fields of their own that be huge. Go Mavs!!

Re: UNO baseball had a good first year in the league

Originally posted by UNO Fan View Post
    Both UNO softball and baseball had great first years in the league and that should only continue. If the University can get them fields of their own that be huge. Go Mavs!!
    Omaha got a good one out of Sioux falls Lincoln, Alex Schultz i beleive. I work with his aunt and she said he really is liking it. I havent followed it closly but she said they had a pretty good year.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Hey Mods doesn't this belong in the Summit League Section? UNO has had good seasons so far with the sticks and balls.

Comment

UNO's baseball and softball programs could really get things and keep things rolling if they could ever get their own on campus facilities.

Comment

Beat Iowa today as well

Comment

Share of the Summit League title. Way to go Mavs. Not bad for first year in the league.

Comment

The Mavs prove they belong in baseball. Great addition to the Summit League.
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

The exhuberance of our new Mav friend is cute...and certainly UNO is proving it is a welcome addition to the Summit League. But, sheesh, does UNO have a fan message board? UNO is officially public-enemy #1 as far as Jackrabbit baseball is concerned. I'm not sure I want too many pats on the back for the Mavericks on this board.

Comment

Share of the Summit League title. Way to go Mavs. Not bad for first year in the league.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sePUTOdbuw

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    The exhuberance of our new Mav friend is cute...and certainly UNO is proving it is a welcome addition to the Summit League. But, sheesh, does UNO have a fan message board? UNO is officially public-enemy #1 as far as Jackrabbit baseball is concerned. I'm not sure I want too many pats on the back for the Mavericks on this board.
                    You're nominating them as an IPFW-hate replacement candidate?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UNO has always had a good program. With few scholarships there is parity built into a beginner's start.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        You're nominating them as an IPFW-hate replacement candidate?
                        Not sure I'm ready to go that far on a permanent basis. For this year, and this season, yeah, hate UNO because they're the obstacle to the regular-season conference title.

Comment

...(UNO) walk off home run to clinch the conference championship 6-4....

Edited down to the facts by JackJD. UNO Fan, see my post below.
                          Last edited by JackJD; 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

...a walk off home run to clinch the conference championship 6-4...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho
                            Last edited by JackJD; 05-17-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

UNO Fan: It should appear obvious that "This is an independent, non-profit, hobby, fan-enthusiast site with the purpose of supporting South Dakota State University and SDSU Athletics through comment and discussion" (Quoting from the disclaimer language on SDSUFans.com.) So, when a UNO fan shows up and does a little gloating, I guess it was tolerated a little. Yesterday I thought I posted a gentle suggestion: "The exhuberance of our new Mav friend is cute...and certainly UNO is proving it is a welcome addition to the Summit League. But, sheesh, does UNO have a fan message board? UNO is officially public-enemy #1 as far as Jackrabbit baseball is concerned. I'm not sure I want too many pats on the back for the Mavericks on this board."

Let's be clear, UNO Fan, posting news on this board about other conference mates is generally okay but bragging repeatedly is over the line. You have to stop. Consider this a warning. Go to your own board to make such posts. (We'll even let you publish on this board the site address for the UNO Board if you wish.)

There's history of a couple of virulent Maverick fans (affectionally called the Mav Bots on this board) being such jerks that they've been banned on this board. Some of the oldtimers on this board know what I'm writing about.

Don't come back at me saying things like "poor sport", "freedom of speech" or any other similarly inane statement. I'm a busy guy and I don't want to waste time reading posts like you've been making in this thread. Play by the rules or stop visiting us. (Or go to the smack section -- but if you resort to smack, try to be funny.)

Comment

Working...
                              X