Oakland exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland exit

Well, there's that. Now, how do we resolve the baseball issue?
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      UND. UNC. MSU-Mankato. Anybody but Chicago State.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        TV tweeted

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

"There's a two-year exception and a waiver after that, if necessary"

So it sounds like we have 3 years or more to get it fixed.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...-joins-Horizon

Comment

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...ummitstatement

Comment

It's going to be interesting how this all shakes out.

There's going to be more movement yet.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...ewmode=default

Comment

http://www.freep.com/article/2013050...-league-summit

Comment

Got a chuckle of a Stu Whitney tweet:

Just to mess with him, someone should tell Greg Kampe that the 2014 Horizon League tournament has been awarded to Sioux Falls.

Expand

Comment

Pat on the back to Stu Whitney...that made me laugh!

I wonder what the next change in a conference will be....now we'll have something to talk about during the summer.

Comment

from Green Bay

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...Horizon-League

Comment

Losing Oral Roberts last year and Oakland this year is definitely a kick in the gut. They were arguably the Top 2 perennial men's basketball programs in the Summit League. That's where panic sets in for me.

If the cards aren't played right here this could be an absolute disaster for SDSU. In Sell we trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            Losing Oral Roberts last year and Oakland this year is definitely a kick in the gut. They were arguably the Top 2 perennial men's basketball programs in the Summit League. That's where panic sets in for me.

If the cards aren't played right here this could be an absolute disaster for SDSU. In Sell we trust.
                            YOU have that wrong. In TK22867 we trust. Just joking, those two leaving, means SDSU and the rest of the SL have to get better in recruiting.

Comment

Adding Denver ( final RPI of 63 ) is a significant upgrade over ORU (132) and Oakland (166). If another decent school can be added , the Summit will be fine.

Comment

There probably isn't a whole lot Sell has to do with finding new conference members or a new conference, beyond a role of providing his opinion when specific circumstances arise.

I could be way off, but I think a better statement would be in Douple and our conference presidents we trust.

Everybody makes a big fuss over Douple not admitting UND due to the whole nickname deal. What is often overlooked is the fact that Douple works for the Universities in the conference. The university presidents are his boss. IE, the university presidents very likely didn't want UND in the conference due to their nickname issues.

Douple has been quoted as saying the Summit could have had up to a dozen or more members. I think the league will continue to be fine, but it could get watered down from having good schools depart.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X