Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland exit

Per admisinstrator(moderator) on Grizz board
    It's been real but we're leaving. The OU board of trustees are scheduling an important meeting Tuesday and it's clear what they're meeting to announce.

Read more: http://www.goldengrizzlyhoops.proboa...#ixzz2S8Mv8vvM
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Oakland exit

If Oakland's defection to the Horizon League turns out to be true, it would be interesting to know the story behind the story: what caused such a slow release of the news?

Comment

I am not a member of the Oakland fan board so I can't see what they wrote. I did look up the Oakland Trustee site and they have canceled 4 of their 7 meeting since January, no agenda posted yet.

http://www.oakland.edu/bot

Comment

[QUOTE=LakeJack;230433]I am not a member of the Oakland fan board so I can't see what they wrote. I did look up the Oakland Trustee site and they have canceled 4 of their 7 meeting since January, no agenda posted yet.

http://www.oakland.edu/bot[/QUOTE
        It appears that there must be a hitch in the audit. 2 audit meetings cancelled with a formal meeting 3 days after the first audit review cancelled. However, the special meeting does not refer anything to an audit again. The quote only referred to a special meeting scheduled. The rest is conjecture of Grizz1(moderator)
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

One poster mentioned the fact that ,if accepted into the Horizon and they indeed do join (no brainer),they will be able to watch all the league games for free on the HL network.
          I think the Summit is behind the times as far as having a network established,makes it easier to market if it's all organized into one league wide network available ,in addition to members marketing their own.
          It also makes the Summit more attractive in recruiting new members from conferences who might not have such a network in their current conference .Maybe cost is prohibitive to implementing such a network,unless all member schools shared the cost,i don't know.It would be nice if one was set up to be self supporting financially.Maybe start up costs of such a network are such that it's just not doable (?) yet.Something to think about.Anything to make the Summit more attractive is a worth while endeaver in my opinion.

Comment

It is happening...Oakland to the Horizon...

Oakland University’s athletic department is inviting media members to Tuesday afternoon’s meeting of the Board of Trustees, presumably to announce that the school is leaving the Summit League and joining the Horizon League.
            http://www.freep.com/article/2013050...horizon-league

Comment

they really muddled this transition, and the Horizon really muddled the addition.

Not that it will matter much in the end, but the Horizon looks as if it is settling for Oakland while Oakland looks like a school that after crying for years finally got what it wanted.

Comment

On the bright side of this dreary news: The SDSU MBB team now has good odds of finishing with a top-3 seed next year. Otherwise, damn. I hate to see them go.

Comment

Cue wailing, gnashing of teeth, and wringing of hands.

I for one do not like these developments one bit.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Good grief,go already. Seems like this has been rumored for a long time.

Comment

I imagine Oakland will have to stay in the Summit for at least one more season, then good riddance. They've been rumored to want to go to the Horizon for so long that it will almost be a relief to get rid of them.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I imagine Oakland will have to stay in the Summit for at least one more season, then good riddance. They've been rumored to want to go to the Horizon for so long that it will almost be a relief to get rid of them.
                        Would they? Why couldn't they just go?
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Would they? Why couldn't they just go?
                          Did ORU have to wait a year after their announcement?

Comment

If they leave right away they will be putting the Summit into a very tough spot, especially for baseball.

Comment

They could leave right away, I believe they have until June to withdraw, I do believe though the buyout is much larger if you leave right now, but I also believe they have a low buyout like UMKC had by being in the SL as long as they have been

Comment

Working...
                              X