Athletic Director at USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletic Director at USD

David Herbster will officially be named the AD at USD at 11am Friday. David was the interim AD when David Sayler left in December for Miami of Ohio. David has been the AD at UNO and Concordia St. Paul.

Re: Athletic Director at USD

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    David Herbster will officially be named the AD at USD at 11am Friday. David was the interim AD when David Sayler left in December for Miami of Ohio. David has been the AD at UNO and Concordia St. Paul.
    Where's he originally from?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I believe Mr. Herbster parents were in the military and he moved around some. Here is a link to his bio. http://www.goyotes.com/genrel/herbster_david00.html
      We...ARE...STATE!
      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        GoJacks is correct. David played basketball at Virginia Tech. Very nice man, much like your AD.

Comment

I thought he should have gotten it last time but that's just me.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think its a good hire but what do I know? He is familiar with the Summit League and MVFC, he has experience and he seems to like being at USD.

I would be curious to know what his involvement in the Meierkort firing was but that is just me being curious and maybe a little petty.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What can you do for me now? Seems to have been a question on President Abbotts mind when he selected the prior AD. Sayler did get things going, so now Herbster deserves the job. I think he will do okay. Meierkort, now thats a subject all of its own. I think Sayler and Abbott were not pleased with the direction the program was going. If there are suspicions of theft, no one is going to be public about this matter. If they had a smoking gun, Ed would have had his day in court by now. I think it was a bunch of small things that accumulated and which created a big problem with boosters. Bringing in Joe Glenn seems to indicate that in my mind. A quick fix in my opinion, but they needed someone with D1 experience who cared about USD.

Comment

GoJacks is correct. David played basketball at Virginia Tech. Very nice man, much like your AD.
                Yeah I've played against him and he's a good player even at his age. Nice guy.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

What happened at UNO that he left only after 3 years?
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    What happened at UNO that he left only after 3 years?
                    Good question, I fuzzily recall that there were some financial and admin problems which he was not part of but he grabbed the assist job at USD to get away from it all. I believe it was before Trev Albert arrived.

Comment

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews.../456c5c95d2ebd

Comment

Thanks for shaking the dust off. Things have improved a great deal under Trev Albert and others at UNO since 2006.

Comment

Working...
                        X