Dead Last?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Last?????

Dead last so-far in the Summit at 1-8??? Somebody explain to me wth is going on with this program lately. Obviously not much by the looking at the results. Unacceptable.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Dead Last?????

I know of one girl a couple years ago who, after turning down our offer, basically said "have your ever heard of SDSU softball doing anything?"

She then went on to accept USD's offer...that's when I got confused.

I haven't followed softball at all...hopefully the record is simply a case of Aggabao not playing with her recruits much yet?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Maybe bouman would have been a good one to keep. Softball sure went down hill since he was fired.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        Dead last so-far in the Summit at 1-8??? Somebody explain to me wth is going on with this program lately. Obviously not much by the looking at the results. Unacceptable.
        If her recruits can't beat out the starters of a team 1-8 in confrence then that isn't saying much for her recruits.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Maybe bouman would have been a good one to keep. Softball sure went down hill since he was fired.
          Were we D1 when Bouman was at SDSU? I think he is the head coach at Indiana State right now. How is Indiana State doing in Softball? I think softball will come around - I hope? Another sport that our indoor practice facility will / should really help. This spring has really been brutal to all of our spring sports and by the sound of the forecast winter is not over yet.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Were we D1 when Bouman was at SDSU? I think he is the head coach at Indiana State right now. How is Indiana State doing in Softball? I think softball will come around - I hope? Another sport that our indoor practice facility will / should really help. This spring has really been brutal to all of our spring sports and by the sound of the forecast winter is not over yet.

GBGBGJ
            I had time to look today.

Bouman's ISU team is

13-23 - last place in the MVC

SDSU

11-21 - last place in the Summit

Comment

Bouman was let go for other reasons too. I'm a big fan of him and his family (know them well), but it was time for him to move on.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Has anyone seen any softball games? I know the weather has not been compatible with outside sports, but they did have a couple games in Sioux Falls against UND. It has been a few years since I have seen a live softball game. It is hard to really know the teams and coaches without seeing the games(or listening). Any softball regulars out there?
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I see that coach Aggabao (sp?) is set to speak at the "Jacks After Hours" event at Cubby's on 4/18.

Comment

Softball isn't going to be a quick fix at SDSU. Location and tradition are working against us, plus I would guess we are underfunded compared to our peers (can't say for certain, but I know it was the case a few years back). Give Coach a few years with her recruits and an indoor practice facility before questioning the direction of the program.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Softball isn't going to be a quick fix at SDSU. Location and tradition are working against us, plus I would guess we are underfunded compared to our peers (can't say for certain, but I know it was the case a few years back). Give Coach a few years with her recruits and an indoor practice facility before questioning the direction of the program.
                      Agree, this coach picked up where the other one left off. Not the best of everything. She does need a chance to prove her coaching ability. Change right now might bring the program down further. We dont have the resources to hire away the HC from Iowa, or some similar place, and given the same set of circumstances, could this high profile coach win at SDSU? I am thinking probably not.

Comment

lets face it, girls softball around the midwest and dakotas is pretty good. If lang can find quality soccer players who have simmilar issues with funding and facilities and recruiting to play soccer in bad weather at the end of the year. Yet he does well and has teams competeing for confrence championships. Im not expecting to be 1st in confrence every year in softball, we dont have a track record to expect that but lets face it, most of our peers we are competeing with are all in the same boat. sure we fund basketball and football better then a few other schools in confrence but usually we are toward the bottom and most sports have the same facilities to use to get good recruits here. Ice storms in april dont help no indoor training facility doesnt help, but it sounds like excuses to me. Our swimming program has challenges that other programs dont have yet we had a very sucsessful year. golf same story they usually have strong teams with not a lot of great local talent to pick from. I could continue, but I think I made my point.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          lets face it, girls softball around the midwest and dakotas is pretty good. If lang can find quality soccer players who have simmilar issues with funding and facilities and recruiting to play soccer in bad weather at the end of the year. Yet he does well and has teams competeing for confrence championships. Im not expecting to be 1st in confrence every year in softball, we dont have a track record to expect that but lets face it, most of our peers we are competeing with are all in the same boat. sure we fund basketball and football better then a few other schools in confrence but usually we are toward the bottom and most sports have the same facilities to use to get good recruits here. Ice storms in april dont help no indoor training facility doesnt help, but it sounds like excuses to me. Our swimming program has challenges that other programs dont have yet we had a very sucsessful year. golf same story they usually have strong teams with not a lot of great local talent to pick from. I could continue, but I think I made my point.
                          First off, soccer and softball are not comparable when it comes to climate. The majority of the soccer season is pretty darn good weather, Whereas softball is an outdoor sport that starts in the dead of winter. There have been seasons in which our home opener and senior day fall on the weekend in softball.

Aside from the weather, the entire culture of our softball program needs to be changed, as our softball program has been in a sad state for a long time and isn't going to be changed overnight, especially with the resources provided to the team. I'm not saying we should accept losing, but we should have realistic expectations and a realistic timeline to be able to judge a coach.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            First off, soccer and softball are not comparable when it comes to climate. The majority of the soccer season is pretty darn good weather, Whereas softball is an outdoor sport that starts in the dead of winter. There have been seasons in which our home opener and senior day fall on the weekend in softball.

Aside from the weather, the entire culture of our softball program needs to be changed, as our softball program has been in a sad state for a long time and isn't going to be changed overnight, especially with the resources provided to the team. I'm not saying we should accept losing, but we should have realistic expectations and a realistic timeline to be able to judge a coach.
                            how many of our peer schools do have an advantage over us in climate and weather for the softball season. UNO maybe a little better, USD no better, NDSU no better, unless they play in the domes which i dont know, i would think they play outdoors. We are recruiting against schools who have very similar problems as us.

Also most of our programs have only had a moderate history of sucsess if any so its not like softball is the only one who struggles. Its never been a huge strong point but its still never consistantly been a bottom feeder in the confrence back to our D2 days.

Comment

So Goon,

Coach Aggaboa gets a 1 1/2 seasons and now it is time to let her go? Come on. She was hired July 25, 2011, give her a chance.

The season before she got here SDSU went 13-42
                              Last year Aggaboa's first SDSU went 13-27-1
                              So far this year SDSU is 12-21 and has yet to play a game at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X