X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland Leaving

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

Not a total shocker but @RobDemovsky reports its a "done deal" that Oakland will be joining the Horizon League #SummitLeague

Time to call UND?
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Oakland Leaving

The reporter who said that, Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, also says that those in consideration for the Horizon League are Denver and UMKC. If that happens, the Jacks may need to call the Horizon as well.

Comment

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 19m
      Also hearing those among consideration to add to the @HorizonLeague are UMKC and Denver. League not high on adding IUPUI or IPFW.

Gotta think there are more Horizon teams leaving if they are looking to add more besides Oakland.

Comment

Sounds like stuff is about to get messy...

Comment

It is going to be an interesting few weeks. What teams are going to leave the Horizon? Is it possible NDSU/SDSU/USD/Denver can join the Horizon?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
            It is going to be an interesting few weeks. What teams are going to leave the Horizon? Is it possible NDSU/SDSU/USD/Denver can join the Horizon?
            PantherU.com ‏@PantherU 1h
            For those wondering: UIC/Loy/VU talk to MVC, WSU 2 OVC, YSU 2 CAA, DET/CSU 2 A10. Everyone is looking for an out but MKE and GB.

May just have to bring Horizon and Summit together after the dust clears.

Comment

Some Valley news...

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 10m
              I can confirm @PantherU's report about UIC going to the Missouri Valley. A source there said they "are in the Valley."

Comment

From the guy who reported UIC to the Valley ...

PantherU.com ‏@PantherU 47m
                If the Horizon continues to dismantle, I'd offer NDSU/SDSU a home as well as Oakland. Might as well blow up Summit to save ourselves.

Comment

I agree... game of musical chairs and we don't want to be left without one! It would suck to not have the conference tourney in Sioux Falls though.

Comment

I guess one should never doubt NDSU radio play by play guy Scotty Miller when it comes to conference realignment...

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...795#post226795

Comment

Oakland leaving hurts, but unless things totally fall apart I'm dead against joining the Horizon.

I'd be trying to get Northern Colorado and North Dakota on board ASAP, that way Denver will be happy, and your teams are up.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        Oakland leaving hurts, but unless things totally fall apart I'm dead against joining the Horizon.

I'd be trying to get Northern Colorado and North Dakota on board ASAP, that way Denver will be happy, and your teams are up.
                        They have no reason to leave.

I'd love to get into the Horizon and join the Wisconsin schools.

Comment

I'd wait to see what the Horizon looks like, the Wisconsin schools and Oakland might be what is left.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I'd wait to see what the Horizon looks like, the Wisconsin schools and Oakland might be what is left.
                            Well then we would basically be in the Summit League plus the Wisconsin schools. The Horizon will survive over the Summit....they still have Butler's NCAA credits and a ESPN TV deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              Well then we would basically be in the Summit League plus the Wisconsin schools. The Horizon will survive over the Summit....they still have Butler's NCAA credits and a ESPN TV deal.
                              What do you mean about the Butler NCAA credits??
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X